Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Lightning Saga Legion in Action! (Page 60)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Lightning Saga Legion in Action!
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
It's odd that only Sun Boy still has his old uniform - either he's been a prisoner a long time or he has some affection for his original look.

Last time Yera impersonated someone to fool Dirk, she was a blond, IIRC, and it was all a big joke. Why the revulsion now?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
Does anyone realize that it takes about 7 minutes for light from the sun to reach Earth?

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reckless
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reckless   Email reckless         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by googoomuck:
Does anyone realize that it takes about 7 minutes for light from the sun to reach Earth?

You want realistic science in your comic books? [LOL] But it wouldn't be as exciting if Superman was falling for that long. He couldn't lose his flight ring before entering Earth's orbit or he would have burned up, so they were stuck with Click Here For A Spoilerthe instant Sun Boy reaction. Of course, the entire Click Here For A Spoilerkiss could be unnecessary, because the sun began reverting to yellow as soon as Sun Boy broke contact. It just took a couple of minutes for it to take effect. But, then, you would expect Brainy to understand that.

[ March 31, 2008, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: reckless ]

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
It's odd that only Sun Boy still has his old uniform - either he's been a prisoner a long time or he has some affection for his original look.

From 1960ish to the end of Levitz, Dirk was the one guy whose uniform never changed at all, while others had their various disco uniforms or Giffen redesigns, so it is in keeping with his past that he wouldn't change.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Those preview pages look awesome.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I guess the unchanging costume fits with the '70s era hair he's got going on.

Poor guy, the rest of the world just keeps on changing around him. He picked out a look and darn it, he's sticking to it!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
KG: In 52, I made no secret of the fact that I loved those scenes with Montoya/The Question and Batwoman, and their storyline. I really looked forward to breaking down those pieces. Not to slight any of the other storylines, but I think that was something that really resonated with me -- it was something about the Montoya character.

For Countdown? Hmmm... I didn't like Donna Troy at all. She was supposed to be in 52, but she was voted out by consensus. And Jason Todd, he wasn't exactly one of my favorites. And everyone knows I hate Karate Kid. One of the reasons I stuck with Countdown was that I'd have a chance to hurt him again!

PROOF THAT KEITH GRIFFEN SUCKS AND I DONT WANT HIM NEAR THE LEGION EVER!!!

http://www.comicmix.com/news/2008/03/31/interview-keith-giffen-on-the-final-weeks-of-countdown-to-final-crisis/

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
It's one thing to hate (or not like) a character. It's another to want to deprive others of any further enjoyment out of them. This will be Val's third death (not counting the Reboot team's wipping out of existence).

[ March 31, 2008, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
I think he hates Karate Kid because he envies him so much. How dare Val be a "normal" human standing shoulder to shoulder with these godlike beings. To have dedicated your life to an artform and master it completely. To defeat a foe three times your size either with bare fists or carefully chosen words. To have found inner peace. To be a commoner who wins the heart of a fairy princess. To have undergone a test of worthiness 1000 years from home to prove your honor to her family. And to have died valiantly to save the he woman loves more than life itself. No wonder Keith hates Val. [sarcasm]We should all hate him too![/sarcasm] [Wink]

[Karate Kid]

[ April 01, 2008, 12:17 AM: Message edited by: Omni Craig ]

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Sounds like the same sort of 'logic' that leads Didio to want Nightwing dead or one of the Buffy writers saying that she couldn't write for Xander, because he was 'just a human.'

If it doesn't have kewl powerz then the character is 'boring' to people with tsetse fly-like attention spans.

Still, I think I'd rather he be retired or returned to the grave than turned into BatGod...

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

but it's only comic-book dead. there's always a way back.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Heck, these days they don't even need an explanation for why people come back!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

explanations cut into good quality time which TPTB could use to kill off more characters.
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I actually kind of hope there's at least one scene in Final Crisis that is something like the following:

The heroes are engaged in a desperate battle with the villains. Just as one of the bad guys is about to overpower Jay Garrick, he is suddenly saved by a blast from Sylvester Pemberton! Jay says, "Thanks for the save Skyman! Hey, haven't you been dead for years?", to which Syl replies, "Well, that's a long story..." Then in the next panel Skyman is sliced in half by the bad guys, and it's never mentioned again!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
any one know when does the three legion world is coming out

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  ...  68  69  70   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.