Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Lightning Saga Legion in Action! (Page 59)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Lightning Saga Legion in Action!
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
From the weekly Newarama Countdown Column

quote:
Mike Carlin: The way we see it is that Karate Kid caught the virus while visiting his past (our present) but HIS bloodstream with all it’s future-antibiotics and nanites and stuff mutated the virus and caused the other Legionnaires to leave Karate Kid behind. But, yeah, the past and future and multiverse are the playground we’ve been working with.
So Brainy left him to die in the 21st century with a temporal anomalous disease caused by their time travel that could wipe out history when in the 31st century a school child could likely cure his team-mate? This makes sense how?
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaseous Lad
Harbinger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaseous Lad   Email Gaseous Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by googoomuck:
quote:
Originally posted by matlock:
No, but Bloodlines did give the Legion "Jamm," and that annual had about 26 issues of concentrated stupid in it.

Thanks for reminding me of that dreck. [LOL] [/QB]
No kidding! [Smile] Things like this make me realize why I only buy Legion and the occasional other book (like the current Action story).

I almost had a bad freakout when Bloodlines and Genesis were mentioned!

From: Maryland | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:

quote:
Mike Carlin: The way we see it is that Karate Kid caught the virus while visiting his past (our present) but HIS bloodstream with all it’s future-antibiotics and nanites and stuff mutated the virus and caused the other Legionnaires to leave Karate Kid behind. But, yeah, the past and future and multiverse are the playground we’ve been working with.
So Brainy left him to die in the 21st century with a temporal anomalous disease caused by their time travel that could wipe out history when in the 31st century a school child could likely cure his team-mate? This makes sense how?
Keith Giffen was the Story Consultant on Countdown #6. I think that's all you need to know.

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
keith Giffen hates the legion every one knows that

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
sorry to jump off the keith Giffen sucks line

but i noticed something odd in the action 858 and forgive me for pointing this out if it has been but they go back in time to give super man a flight ring, shouldn't those have not been invented yet?

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by googoomuck:
quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:

quote:
Keith Giffen was the Story Consultant on Countdown #6. I think that's all you need to know.
I think that Karate Kid has just been a silly plot device set in countdown... However, this was visibly decided well before Giffen was involved with the project.

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by kidflash2fan:
sorry to jump off the keith Giffen sucks line

but i noticed something odd in the action 858 and forgive me for pointing this out if it has been but they go back in time to give super man a flight ring, shouldn't those have not been invented yet?

Er... Geoff Johns wrote it, and I think that's all you need to know? [Wink]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Not to interrupt the "crappiest mini-series of all time" thread that seems to have taken over this Action thread ( [Smile] ), but Comics Continuum has the first 5 pages of Action #863 posted here, along with some other DC books coming out this next Wednesday!

I cannot wait for this!!!! (except that it will be over for now...) [Frown]

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
I try not to spoil myself on preview pages for books I love reading, but I'm glad I did. Brainy really is a genius.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
It was rather funny, in a twisted yet predictable kind of way...

--------------------
Craig C.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

i think what was even funnier then haveing to be waken up with a kiss, what that brainy knew what turned sun boy on

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
Not to interrupt the "crappiest mini-series of all time" thread ...

[LOL]

Thanks for the save Omni.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm still trying to figure out how Dirk goes from the pron star mustache on one page to the Clint Eastwood Man with No Name five o'clock shadow on the next.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
Thanks for the save Omni.

No problem YK. Happy to play the thread police.

--------------------
Craig C.

Omni Craig
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I'm still trying to figure out how Dirk goes from the pron star mustache on one page to the Clint Eastwood Man with No Name five o'clock shadow on the next.

Good catch Scott! Dirk...as in Dirk Diggler? [LOL] You'd think the colorist would have been a bit more consistent in that.

I liked Gim catching Dirk, and Yera's reaction to having to wake him up.

Looks like the sun will go yellow at the last moment before Clark splats to the ground, so the plan must be for him to instantaneously get his powers back rather than having them build up.

--------------------
Craig C.

This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  ...  68  69  70   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.