Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Lightning Saga Legion in Action! (Page 58)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Lightning Saga Legion in Action!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
No, I'm pretty sure he's had almost no involvement, and he said pretty much that in an interview related to the diconnect between GL and Countdown.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by kcekada:
Hell, they couldn't even draw Val's and Luornu's costumes correctly. Such an insipid series.

I dropped it weeks ago. Thought it would be better in the single digit numbers, but it's actually worse.

I get the feeling that neither Karate Kid nor Una were the real deal. Clones... possibly.

If anyone is trade-waiting, do yourself a favor and buy a Legion Archive or TPB instead.

Or $20 worth of Bazooka Joe gum and read the comics all together and try to make some sense of them as one long sequential story. Which would still make more sense than Countdown.

If only Lu had tried shouting "Stupid, stupid Rat Creatures!" That might have made it more worthwhile.

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malvolio
Devil's Advocate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malvolio   Email Malvolio         Edit/Delete Post     
"Stupid, stupid Rat Creatures!" I love it! [Big Grin] A Bone reference on this board!

--------------------
Watching television is not an activity.

From: Freeville, NY | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
What a pathetic end to one of my favorite Legionnaires. And such crappy art. Glad I didn't buy any of it. I've generally hated most of DC's crossover events and wish they'd leave the Legion out of them. Seems like that would be easy enough to do considering they live 1,000 years in the future and supposedly can't time travel anymore.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree Jim. The lamest one was Millenium, with Laurel Kent being revealed to be a Manhunter with faulty wiring (so she didn't activate for 1000 years). Other mega-crossovers, like Crisis, seemed wierd to include the Legion in. Okay, if the universe is being wiped out by a wave of anti-matter in 1985, don't you think a team from 2985 would have noticed that in their historical records??? I mean, at least that Brainy fella, he's kinda observant. [Wink] Where was the logic in time being erased in both centuries simultaneously? At least Zero Hour's effect on the Legion made a little more sense chronological speaking. If the future and past are both being erased and working their way back to the present, the 30th century would vanish before the 20th. I liked how during one of the final battles, Booster Gold vanished (a la Marty McFly), because his 25th century no longer existed. Time travel paradoxes are always fun, but the original COIE really went freaky with it. "All time exists at once, so we can include everyone from Anthro to Kamandi in one story..." Hey, that plot sounds familiar... Final Crisis anyone?

As for "Una", is DC ever going to explain why 1/3 of Triplicate Girl was there to begin with? She told Val Brainy sent her to stay with him in the present, dressed as Triplicate Girl, but only has 1 body now. By the time Val joined the Legion she was Duo Damsel, nor did Luornu explain why she only had one body left.

I'm starting to think she was never Lu at all, but a decoy sent by someone (a Monitor or Darkseid or somebody) to keep Val in the 20th century knowing he had the deadly virus. That's another thing we haven't been told: How Val was still alive in the 31st century and where/how he contracted this fatal disease.

Only a bunch of lame questions and stupid deaths... The Legion connection to this drivel was my only real reason for buying Countdown. Ultimately a waste of my time and money!

[ March 28, 2008, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: Omni Craig ]

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
I agree Jim. The lamest one was Millenium, with Laurel Kent being revealed to be a Manhunter with faulty wiring (so she didn't activate for 1000 years).

That one still burns me, 'cause I loved Laurel Kent. Complete with S-poncho!

Nowadays when people say 'Laurel' they are referring to She-Mon-El instead, and I'm always disappointed.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KB
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KB           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
I agree Jim. The lamest one was Millenium, with Laurel Kent being revealed to be a Manhunter with faulty wiring (so she didn't activate for 1000 years). Other mega-crossovers, like Crisis, seemed wierd to include the Legion in. Okay, if the universe is being wiped out by a wave of anti-matter in 1985, don't you think a team from 2985 would have noticed that in their historical records??? I mean, at least that Brainy fella, he's kinda observant. [Wink] Where was the logic in time being erased in both centuries simultaneously? At least Zero Hour's effect on the Legion made a little more sense chronological speaking. If the future and past are both being erased and working their way back to the present, the 30th century would vanish before the 20th. I liked how during one of the final battles, Booster Gold vanished (a la Marty McFly), because his 25th century no longer existed. Time travel paradoxes are always fun, but the original COIE really went freaky with it. "All time exists at once, so we can include everyone from Anthro to Kamandi in one story..." Hey, that plot sounds familiar... Final Crisis anyone?

As for "Una", is DC ever going to explain why 1/3 of Triplicate Girl was there to begin with? She told Val Brainy sent her to stay with him in the present, dressed as Triplicate Girl, but only has 1 body now. By the time Val joined the Legion she was Duo Damsel, nor did Luornu explain why she only had one body left.

I'm starting to think she was never Lu at all, but a decoy sent by someone (a Monitor or Darkseid or somebody) to keep Val in the 20th century knowing he had the deadly virus. That's another thing we haven't been told: How Val was still alive in the 31st century and where/how he contracted this fatal disease.

Only a bunch of lame questions and stupid deaths... The Legion connection to this drivel was my only real reason for buying Countdown. Ultimately a waste of my time and money!

Someone mentioned elsewhere that both Karate Kid and Una were already dead in Legion continuity. Karate Kid of course being killed by Nemesis Kid and Triplicate Girl had at least one of her bodies killed.

The fact that they were both previously dead could be relevant.

Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
No way. Lamest by far was "Genesis." What a dumb story, beginning to end.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll see your Genesis and raise you... Bloodlines!
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
yes but did Genesis or Bloodlines take 52 issues to tell?

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Dumb as those stories were I believe those crossovers were more coherent.

I cant read Countdown. And does Countdown really even tell a story or is it just the induction scene of the final act?

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm with stephbarton. Those crossovers lasted a few months not a whole year.

You know I liked the minis that spinned out pre-Infinity Crisis, IC, 52, and Countdown. But the actual year long series of Countdown? blah.

I wouldn't have minded a Karate Kid mini, a Harley/Catwoman mini, a Piper/Trickster mini, a 12 issue Donna, Jason and Kyle series, etc.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 4 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
i firmly believe that countdown was nothing more then a ploy because 52 did so well, and i also believe the idea of 52 is a good idea that was executed badly. a new comic every week is a good idea, but only if it amounts to something

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by stephbarton:
yes but did Genesis or Bloodlines take 52 issues to tell?

No, but Bloodlines did give the Legion "Jamm," and that annual had about 26 issues of concentrated stupid in it.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by matlock:
No, but Bloodlines did give the Legion "Jamm," and that annual had about 26 issues of concentrated stupid in it.[/QB]

Thanks for reminding me of that dreck. [LOL]

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  ...  68  69  70   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.