Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Lightning Saga Legion in Action! (Page 57)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Lightning Saga Legion in Action!
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Jeepers! This series might actually make Infinite Crisis and Zero Hour seem worthwhile by comparison!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
quote:
Originally posted by Zero Kahn:
Honourable? She gets eaten by a herd of smart rats!! Thats right EATEN BY SMART RATS !!! As much as I hated Countdown before this issue jacked it up to a whole new level.

About the only reason I was reading Countdown to begin with was because of KK and Una. I thought to myslef that they wouldn't go to all the trouble of having these two be a big part of Countdown unless they had something good planned for them. Jesus was I wrong about that one.

And they got... what... something like $140 out of you for something which gave you no pleasure at all?
thats got to make you feel dirty

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero Kahn
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zero Kahn   Email Zero Kahn         Edit/Delete Post     
So very dirty. I did like a few parts of Countdown I will admit. The Superman Prime stuff was fun.
From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kcekada
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kcekada   Email kcekada         Edit/Delete Post     
Hell, they couldn't even draw Val's and Luornu's costumes correctly. Such an insipid series.

I dropped it weeks ago. Thought it would be better in the single digit numbers, but it's actually worse.

I get the feeling that neither Karate Kid nor Una were the real deal. Clones... possibly.

If anyone is trade-waiting, do yourself a favor and buy a Legion Archive or TPB instead.

Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I was ready to dump it but then they added Ultraman (or a version of him anyway) so they hooked me back in. The last two issues have NOTHING to do with the story we've been following for a whole freakin' year now! Two issues just to give us the origin of Kamandi's world? Aaaaarrrrrrggggg!!!!
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Zero Kahn:
Honourable? She gets eaten by a herd of smart rats!! Thats right EATEN BY SMART RATS !!!

Well the honourable part was sacrificing her life to save two other people. The getting eaten by smart rats... not so much.

--------------------
The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
the hell! i hated them dying I HATE IT...I BET KEITH GRIFFEN WAS RESPONSIBLE WE KNOW HE HATES VAL! (ACTUALLY QUITE SERious) sorry for caps i just hate that they died!!!!

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Newell
In Bismoll We Trust

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Newell   Email Paul Newell         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by reckless:
Can anyone explain why Action 863 is not coming out until April 23? 862 came out on February 27, so that is seven weeks between issues.

Just to let you know, it's solicited for April 2nd now.

--------------------
Paul Newell
Titan President

From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Superboy-Supergirl:
the hell! i hated them dying I HATE IT...I BET KEITH GRIFFEN WAS RESPONSIBLE WE KNOW HE HATES VAL! (ACTUALLY QUITE SERious) sorry for caps i just hate that they died!!!!

The only way I can rationalize and accept these deaths... is that they were already dead... somehow KK was brought back after his Nemesis K confrontation and Una was brought back after her confrontation with Computo.

--------------------
The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
but its like they died unmourned by the legionnaires...we dont know so far that they know they died that's just sad. Imagine Jeckie going thru val's death yet again? Lu's suffering another part of her dying again....ARGGGGGGGGGGGGH!

legionnaires should not die from RATS!!

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
I actually don't care about the Johnsboot KK or Triplicate Girl, but Una being eaten alive by rats was one of the most stupid and revolting things I ever saw happen to a Legionnaire.

Given the disdain shown to these two characters in Countdown, I wouldn't be willing to bet their teammates in the 31st century are guaranteed safe passage through Final Crisis. Something about the whole thing is definitely not kosher.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:
Given the disdain shown to these two characters in Countdown, I wouldn't be willing to bet their teammates in the 31st century are guaranteed safe passage through Final Crisis. Something about the whole thing is definitely not kosher.

I strongly suspect that Final Crisis will have *lots* of Legionnaire deaths at the 'hands' of those shadows.

Didio *loves* killin' folk. Three different Legions? This is a killing field that makes the Teen Titans look like a traffic accident.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah I would be worried about your favorites folks.

These days, the return of a favorite not seen in years means the same thing as when in the 5th act of a Shakespearian tragedy, some guy shows up and announces "Hail and well met, I'm Cannon Fodder, son of your old friend Didio come to aid you in your hour of need."

I would imagine the first blow comes on the opening splash page for greater effect.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
And they got... what... something like $140 out of you for something which gave you no pleasure at all?

[Insert sex-related joke of one's choice here]
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:
I actually don't care about the Johnsboot KK or Triplicate Girl, but Una being eaten alive by rats was one of the most stupid and revolting things I ever saw happen to a Legionnaire.

???
Has Johns really been involved with Countdown?

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  ...  68  69  70   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.