Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Lightning Saga Legion in Action! (Page 56)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Lightning Saga Legion in Action!
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Zero Kahn:
God I hate Countdown. Don't want to spoil it but one the timelost LS Legion members aint coming home again. And since their are only 3 (Karate Kid, Una, and Starboy/man) it kinda narrows down the choices.

yeah i gave up on countdown, when it was called 52...the first issue. if anything important happens i can count on a on an online form to let me know when something big happens...GOD BLESS the internet

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
God I hate Countdown. Don't want to spoil it but one the timelost LS Legion members aint coming home again. And since their are only 3 (Karate Kid, Una, and Starboy/man) it kinda narrows down the choices.

Oddly enough, this character seems to appear on a future cover of the Dreamwar crossover... unless of course, it's the other version of the character.

But so far, the appearance of Una and Karate Kid in Countdown has been completely useless, and only a gimmick... Like about 2/3 of the series, mind you.

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askanipsion
Telepath

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askanipsion   Author's Homepage   Email Askanipsion         Edit/Delete Post     
I am STILL confused how the Lightning Saga Legion and the Action Legion are connected.

Are they exactly the same team?

From: South Florida | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Askanipsion:
I am STILL confused how the Lightning Saga Legion and the Action Legion are connected.

Are they exactly the same team?

It appears to be so, but about 6 months have passed since the LS team returned to their future.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

quote:
Ahh I tried reading Zero Hour once and it made my head want to explode.

Zero Hour had that effect on many. It's funny how tohse who set out to "clean up" continuity can't resist the temptation to tinker and screw it up anew... and without telling a good story.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
quote:
Ahh I tried reading Zero Hour once and it made my head want to explode.

Zero Hour had that effect on many. It's funny how tohse who set out to "clean up" continuity can't resist the temptation to tinker and screw it up anew... and without telling a good story.
i think the biggest problem with 'cleaning up continuity' is that they don't stick to there guns after words.

like with the death of super girl the plan was to never bring her back and well, look how many there has been since..

if your going to clean up there has to be rules that you stick by, that what i feel the writers and editors forget

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kcekada
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kcekada   Email kcekada         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pariscub:
Oddly enough, this character seems to appear on a future cover of the Dreamwar crossover... unless of course, it's the other version of the character.

But so far, the appearance of Una and Karate Kid in Countdown has been completely useless, and only a gimmick... Like about 2/3 of the series, mind you.

Possibly the worst mini/maxi series to ever disgrace DC.

It's already been explained at Newsarama that the Legion in the Dreamwar is either a new version or a version with characters pulled from a different point in time.

If said Legionnaire is really did, this will be the third time Keith Giffen has had a hand in that character's death.

Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
What's happening over at Countdown is rarely spectacular, sometimes interesting, mostly boring and so very often just downright confusing. I hate it when i read a comic book and afterwards have to wonder what actually just happened?

Didn't read the last two issues yet, but well, I don't expect much to come out of it and just buy it due to AR reasons... Karate Kid and Luornu are in it after all, even if they are mostly just standing around doing nothing...

As for Zero Hour: I have the same feeling some others have told here. They did Zero Hour to clean up continuity - sweeping out Legion history by the way - and only a few years later, they started to twist the new continuity again by useless gimmicks like the Legion in the 20th history for over a year (!!!), bringing back Superboys and -girls and so on... still hate DC for what they did in 1994.

Only wonder what would've happened back then if there already was an Internet (for the common user) to flame them for what they did? I remember writing large letters (never sending them away) accusing DC of the murder of Legion Lore, I really wonder how different things might have been if this would have been discussed on Message Boards and Flamewars...

... though watching the recent Spiderman atrocity, complaining fans don't seem to change a thing...

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malvolio
Devil's Advocate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malvolio   Email Malvolio         Edit/Delete Post     
I often wonder how an internet would have changed things in the Silver Age. I imagine something like: "How can you have a new Flash and not even mention Jay Garrick? You guys stink! Oh, and if you bring back Green Lantern, it better be Alan Scott and he better have his ring on his LEFT hand!"

--------------------
Watching television is not an activity.

From: Freeville, NY | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
can somebody send me a private message about who's not coming home?

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reckless
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reckless   Email reckless         Edit/Delete Post     
Can anyone explain why Action 863 is not coming out until April 23? 862 came out on February 27, so that is seven weeks between issues.
Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

either a production problem, or they want to time the conclusion closer to Final Crisis, I suppose.
The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
***********SPOILER*******************************

Una dies an honourable but horrific death this week in Countdown. The lazy writers comment on her unrequited attraction to KK. Shades of her old crush on Supes. No wonder this girl finally settled for good 'ol Bouncing Boy. At least he was bound to be a sure thing.

--------------------
The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero Kahn
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zero Kahn   Email Zero Kahn         Edit/Delete Post     
Honourable? She gets eaten by a herd of smart rats!! Thats right EATEN BY SMART RATS !!! As much as I hated Countdown before this issue jacked it up to a whole new level.

About the only reason I was reading Countdown to begin with was because of KK and Una. I thought to myslef that they wouldn't go to all the trouble of having these two be a big part of Countdown unless they had something good planned for them. Jesus was I wrong about that one.

From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Honourable? She gets eaten by a herd of smart rats!! Thats right EATEN BY SMART RATS !!! As much as I hated Countdown before this issue jacked it up to a whole new level.

About the only reason I was reading Countdown to begin with was because of KK and Una. I thought to myslef that they wouldn't go to all the trouble of having these two be a big part of Countdown unless they had something good planned for them. Jesus was I wrong about that one.

And they got... what... something like $140 out of you for something which gave you no pleasure at all?

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  ...  68  69  70   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.