Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Lightning Saga Legion in Action! (Page 55)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Lightning Saga Legion in Action!
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, the preview images from DC Universe 0 only show the LS Legion, but we still have the 3 legions story that's supposedly coming, and it could be it.

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Newell
In Bismoll We Trust

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Newell   Email Paul Newell         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:
quote:
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
We'll get to see George's version of all 3 Legions (which I assume is preboot, post-ZH, and threeboot?)!!

I don't know if I'd count on that. My best guess is, the Johns/Perez thing will just be about the Lightning Saga Legion.
We are supposedly seeing more than one Legion at some point, Matthew.

Dan Didio said this at Wondercon:
quote:
Plans for the 50th Anniversary of the Legion of Super-Heroes?

"You will see the Legion of Super-Heroes, you will see the Legion of Super-Heroes, and you will see the Legion of Super-Heroes in the DC Universe #0"

--------------------
Paul Newell
Titan President

From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
Great new issue the latest Action was. I really love this run more and more. The story develops quite nicely, and there lots of space for characterization.

I really feel with this version of the Legion, and I'm aching to finally see the whole team free and kicking the Justice Leagues butt! The Subs crashing into the space station was a great beginning, the Legion sneaking in was a great addition - but the plan to split up instead of first freeing the whole team was lousy... come on, this is 12th Level intelligence Brainiac 5 planning, he would never come up with such a lousy plan!

But okay, for the pure reason of a greast thrill, I'll let that one slip :-)

All in all I'm very satisfied with the Action run and consider this to be the best Legion story since TMK. I really hope the characters will survive the Final Crisis, no matter the cost.

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Re-reading the whole arc thus far in one sitting, I'm still quite pleased by it all, and I see elements hinted at beofre they were actually intro'd.

Brainy's comments in the prior issue, regarding not having done anything with the lightning rod: he says that someone is missing thus far who can activate it until the Crisis of the 31st Century.

If the Crisis of Three Legions has already happened (or partially happened) for this Neo-Retro Legion, as I recall being implied back in Lightning Saga, then perhaps that Legion witnessed their future selves using the rod... along with XS, perhaps? She would be a likely candidate if both Barry and Bart are trapped in the Speed Force.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
i'm waiting to see if there was anything to read into Brainy's comment to Supes about getting him back to his "proper" time. The word "proper" just seemed too intentional in the context, as if he wasn't taken from his proper time line.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ultrajo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ultrajo   Author's Homepage   Email ultrajo         Edit/Delete Post     
I've enjoyed following this series. It's been nice to have the Legion I grew up with back (or one closely resembling it). I don't remember the last time that I've re-read a Legion comic so many times.
From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
i just went threw this ark...again, for like the tenth time and i noticed something element lad isn't in the glass cages, but he's the only one left of his kind...so where is he?

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
I have the notion that he's supposed to be back home on Trom but I may be wrong about that.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I believe Matthew is correct; that was implied, at least.

It makes sense, given how powerful he is; he'd more easily tip the scales for Kal's team or make Earthman that much more omnipotent.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Question: Could Jan undo any damage caused by Golden Boy, or would he only be able to turn the gold to another element? Talk amongst yourselves...

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askanipsion
Telepath

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askanipsion   Author's Homepage   Email Askanipsion         Edit/Delete Post     
So when did Two-boot actually happen? Crisis of Infinite Earth?
From: South Florida | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Omni-Craig: I don't think it's so easily undone. Given a lot of time, Element Lad could probably reverse all the changes Golden Boy made, but he couldn't, for instance, bring anyone back to life that way.

Askanipsion: Crisis on Infinite Earths is when Superboy was replaced in Legion continuity by pocket-universe Superboy, not that anyone noticed at the time. Original Legion continuity wasn't completely swept away and rebooted until Zero Hour, which was in, I believe, 1994.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
Question: Could Jan undo any damage caused by Golden Boy, or would he only be able to turn the gold to another element? Talk amongst yourselves...

Omni: I believe Jan should only be able convert the gold to another element, or possibly, with extreme concentration, into a combination of distict elements.

It was only after a near-infinite period of practice, at the Progenitor, that Jan was able to get all the requisite building blocks working together in the molocules, cells, proteins, etc. necessary to actually create and/or manipulate life.

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askanipsion
Telepath

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askanipsion   Author's Homepage   Email Askanipsion         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:

Askanipsion: Crisis on Infinite Earths is when Superboy was replaced in Legion continuity by pocket-universe Superboy, not that anyone noticed at the time. Original Legion continuity wasn't completely swept away and rebooted until Zero Hour, which was in, I believe, 1994.

Ahh I tried reading Zero Hour once and it made my head want to explode.

Thanks for the info!!

From: South Florida | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero Kahn
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zero Kahn   Email Zero Kahn         Edit/Delete Post     
God I hate Countdown. Don't want to spoil it but one the timelost LS Legion members aint coming home again. And since their are only 3 (Karate Kid, Una, and Starboy/man) it kinda narrows down the choices.
From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  ...  68  69  70   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.