Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Lightning Saga Legion in Action! (Page 54)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Lightning Saga Legion in Action!
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
Tangent question: Did Wally Wood ever draw any Legion issues? I know he did some JSA during the 70's.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
with the Lightning Saga/Action Legion coming back (hopefully permanently) where does that leave the Superman/Batman adult Legion and the Saturn Queen etc featured in that arc and Supergirl #7?

Are these from Earth xx or gone for good?

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
There's a Geoff Jones interview over on Newsarama that mentions Rainbow Girl - sorry, I'm not sure how to create links - and he also says that there are only two GLs left by the 31st century, our man Rond Vidar being one.

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I've posted a link in the Green Lantern thread at Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Quislet:
Tangent question: Did Wally Wood ever draw any Legion issues? I know he did some JSA during the 70's.

I am fairly certain he did not do so - at least not get credit for such work.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
I just noticed that DC lists Action #863's on sale date as April 2nd. The banner here at Legionworld says that it goes on sale on March 19th. I hoping that DC's info is wrong.

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd tend to believe the DC site. I'll change ours soon.

And for posterity -

quote:
Originally posted by Harbinger:
There's a Geoff Jones interview over on Newsarama that mentions Rainbow Girl - sorry, I'm not sure how to create links - and he also says that there are only two GLs left by the 31st century, our man Rond Vidar being one.

quote:

NRAMA: [laughs] OK, but despite the fact that this interview is concentrating just on Green Lantern and not your other DC titles, it's hard to talk about the emotional spectrum and not mention that we saw a character in Action Comics last week who seemed to tap into this emotional spectrum for her powers.

GJ: Yeah. [laughs] Rainbow Girl. But not very well. She's managed to tap into a couple of colors. But she doesn't understand them. To her, it's just more for fun.

NRAMA: So we know the emotional spectrum has power even into the future.

GJ: Yeah. Where there is no Green Lantern Corps.

NRAMA: There isn't any Green Lantern Corps in the future?

GJ: Not in the 31st century.

NRAMA: So... there's nobody left from the Green Lantern Corps?

GJ: Uh... in the 31st century, you have two Green Lanterns. That's it.

NRAMA: Who are they?

GJ: One's Rond Vidar. And there's another one.

NRAMA: Uh huh.

GJ: ...

NRAMA: And are you going to tell us the other one?

GJ: No. [laughs]

NRAMA: [laughs] So I guess we're going to find out who the other one is in some upcoming story?

GJ: Yes, we will.

NRAMA: Is that something you’re writing?

GJ: Uh... maybe.

Another revision to the established Pre-Crisis DCU. The Corps was intact and there were several other Green Lanterns (notably a Durlan and Xenofobe in or around sector 2814).
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
But the real question is... are they still banned from Earth on Mondays?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

EDE stole my line! [Frown]
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm shocked that this isn't over here yet...

quote:
FINAL CRISIS TALKS

[Yellow Light]

So, what of Brian Bendis’ comments on “Final Crisis" last week, "in 2012 when final crisis is done, we'll see what's what" interpreted by many as stating that the book is very late.

This seemed to be confirmed from a number of sources. But one had more details.

I’m told Grant Morrison turned in the issue one script back in November. However, it was not exactly what has been previously discussed and didn’t bounce off from the end of “Countdown" as intended. It also goes off on what can only be described as Morrisonian tangents. You know, what readers call “the good bits."

So Dan DiDio flew to Scotland after Thanksgiving to discuss possibilities further. I understand the script is unchanged, but it was from those discussions that the 50 cent “DC Universe" #0, shipping the week after Free Comic Book Day, emerged. Co-written with Geoff Johns, it will keep any "Countdown" continuity issues out of the “Final Crisis" series and prepare the way... very much the John The Baptist of comic books.

Geoff Johns is also writing a Final Crisis-spinoff "Legion" mini series drawn by George Perez that will slot into all of this very nicely.

Artist JG Jones is currently working on issue two. I've been told that if there are production delays, rather than throw in "Countdown"/"Infinite Crisis" style fill-in artists, or cause "Civil War" style sales-harming delays on the book, expect the pages by JG Jones to reduce for subsequent issues with back up stories with the DCU #0 artists Scriver, Pacheco and Daniel to replace them. Which means the book may extend a couple of issues to fit in all of Morrison’s story, the retailers get their fill, and everyone wins...

Apart from Brian Bendis.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
"Geoff Johns is also writing a Final Crisis-spinoff "Legion" mini series drawn by George Perez"

I can't see ANYBODY buying that.

[Big Grin]

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
I dunno about this. IIRC, the last time Perez drew the Legion, we lost Kid Psycho...

[Frown]

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Craig, are you forgetting Brave & Bold already?
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Kent,
I was speaking from a pre-pre-boot Crisis-related standpoint. [Smile]

Naturally I couldn't be happier about the pairing of Geoff and George! You take my favorite writer, one of my favorite artists of all time working on my favorite team (period!) and I'm there! We'll get to see George's version of all 3 Legions (which I assume is preboot, post-ZH, and threeboot?)!!

Forever etched in my brain is George's cover to Legion of Super-Heroes #278, with the team trying to prevent Grimbor's chains from crushing the earth, with Garth blasting them with lightning, and Saturn Girl telling him it is hopeless. Ah, good times, good times...

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
We'll get to see George's version of all 3 Legions (which I assume is preboot, post-ZH, and threeboot?)!!

I don't know if I'd count on that. My best guess is, the Johns/Perez thing will just be about the Lightning Saga Legion.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  ...  68  69  70   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.