Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Lightning Saga Legion in Action! (Page 51)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Lightning Saga Legion in Action!
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Wait, though: does the tablet contain information about Superman's secret identity? Because if it does, that limits who could have created it.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't think we have had the actual contents spelt out, have we?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, it named him as Clark Kent, son of Jonathan and Martha Kent of Smallville, Kansas, yadda, yadda, yadda. Ethel's students were reciting it.
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm. I was disappointed in the Subs' portrayal. I thought from the cover they were going to be the hardened and competent subversives that they were in the TMK era. Everybody else has grown up and matured, why are the Subs still so inept?

Also don't get how Night Girl could be accepted in the regular Legion, given her limitation. There are already half a dozen super strong Legionnaires on the team. So who needs a chick who can only be strong at night?

It's always seemed odd to me that Night Girl's codename is about her limitation rather than her power. Rather than calling herself Power Lass or Strong Girl or something, she's rather advertising her weakness. It would be like Ultra Boy calling himself One Power at a Time Lad, or Superboy being Super Only in Yellow Sunlight Boy. But I digress . . .

I'm anxious to get all those other Legionnaires out of their cookie jars and see them in action. Though 20 some odd Legionnaires against 6 rejects seems unfair. . .

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
Hmm. I was disappointed in the Subs' portrayal. I thought from the cover they were going to be the hardened and competent subversives that they were in the TMK era. Everybody else has grown up and matured, why are the Subs still so inept?

I also didn't like the subs being shown as inept. I think it was done for comic effect. But we didn't need comic effect.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:

I also didn't like the subs being shown as inept. I think it was done for comic effect. But we didn't need comic effect.
I liked that they were. Personally I think Geoff showed them to be both slightly inept and slightly not. The evil Justice League has beat down most of the Legion. I wouldn't have liked it if they were all gung-ho top notch butt kickers. It would've been a bit too v4 as well.

Polar Boy was there to keep them in control. He was their leader. They just needed direction. [Smile] They are not that experienced. And Rainbow Girl kicked butt!

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't think they were inept. I think it's just that the nature of their powers and the resulting status and resources they have available has forced a different style on them. The Legion may aspire to treat superheroism as an exact science; the Subs never will.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
I also didn't really get what Rainbow Girl's powers are. . .

And if she's so powerful and competent why is she hanging with the Subs? She's the only one who didn't come off looking buffoonish. It seems more likely that she would be accepted into the Legion than Night Girl.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

I don't really get what her powers are either. But it's implied that they come with mood swings, which might have been enough to get the Legion to pass on her.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
Has there ever been a creepier super-villain than Eyeful Ethel? Those popping eyes... yuck!

--------------------
The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Radiation Roy is creepier right now.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:
I don't really get what her powers are either. But it's implied that they come with mood swings, which might have been enough to get the Legion to pass on her.

It says that she draws her power form the emotional spectrum that causes mood swings. You didn't find it funny that when she mentioned that the subs and her had plenty of will power she glowed green? When she was angry she was in red? Jorge mentioned it in the early post that Johns worked in some Green Lantern stuff into her. That is cool.

And I liked how the Subs wee portrayed. The Subs have the courage, the heart and decency but still just a bit naive. They still need time to develop that all.

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Yeah, that's where she gets her power... but then what can she do with it? It's not clear.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Franks has created the creepiest of all DC villains, I of course speak of Eyeful Ethyl. The eyes on the boobs has affected me deeply.

Yes, more of this.

I generally like my Superheroes with sticks up theirs, but the subs provide me a more from the neighborhood superhero.

Last panel: Supes would have required super strength to bust through a space station wall, flight ring or no flight ring. Right?

Of the two issues this month, I couldn't pick a clear favorite. Most fun I've had in a long time reading a Legion book.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Eyeful Ethyl. The one woman who can't say "Hey, my eyes are up here!!!!"

Creepy as all hell.

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  ...  68  69  70   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.