Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Interesting cover for Superman: Secret Origin (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Interesting cover for Superman: Secret Origin
duck458
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duck458   Email duck458         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice covers. Can I ask a stoopid question, what up with this Secret Origins business and will the LSH get one?

--------------------
So what.

From: Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
Honestly, not sure.

I know Geoff Johns said in an interview that he liked the old Secret Orgins stuff of DC and wanted to bring it back.

But I also think a lot of fans have been asking (at conventions and such) for a definative Superman orgin for the "New Earth" history, but DC kept saying they weren't in any hurry. So either they were waiting for the right pitch or Johns gets to do whatever he wants.

I'm more interested to know if it will be a simple orgin story or if it will be like GL: Secret Orgin and really be more about setting up a future story.

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by doublechinner:
OMG! I wrote "Kathy Lee Gifford"!?!? It will take many hours of meditation to cleanse the distaste of that slip from my subconsious.

But I still think Saturn Girl is Six, not Crosby.

I don't know who Six from Battlestar Galactica is ~ Starbuck? or the one played by Lawless (Xena)?
At first I thought you ment 7 from Voyager!

I think she looks like an early version of Sam from SG 1.
But I tend to see all the versions of Imra as based on Amanda Tapping.
lol

About Byrne ~ I thought I read somewhere that DC wanted all of the Krypton types gone from Supes history becouse they watered down the concept.
Thus they were all erased.
(I agree about all the other stuff mentioned, too ~ the excess 'stuff' and the sliding thing.
)
I also remember about the original Superman needing to be depowered so there could be more types of villians with a chance to defeat him.

I also got the feeling that having Clark be genetically powerless as an infant ment that there was a possiblity that he could father a child with a human (Lois) without the pregnacy killing her, i.e. a kicking fetus.

Anyway, the new artist looks great, to me.
I just hope we see something of the other boots, a few surprised to a too old set of characters and stories.
I just crave something new.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Six from BSG is the blonde one sees on the DVD covers and many of the adds.
Not Starbuck (a differnet blonde) or Lawless.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
I do believe you misinterpreted me.

I held out Smallville as an example of what the Superboy comic should have been. The comic is what I was calling cardboard - not the TV show (while I haven't seen all of it, I've loved all of it except the Lana-as-reincarnated-witch bit).

That the Clark of TV could make mistakes is exactly what I mean - the comic-book Superboy essentially never could.

Sorry I did that. That's one bad thing about boards-you can't hear any inflection and may misinterpret. Sorry! If any of you haven't watched this season, it's not bad!

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Six from BSG is the blonde one sees on the DVD covers and many of the adds.
Not Starbuck (a differnet blonde) or Lawless.

Six is definitely NOT Saturn Girl in my book - she is much too old to be a "teenager from the future". Or at least she looks too old. I just don't like her face. I'm much more into Boomer [Wink]

Somewhere I got a photo manipulation of Scarlet Johannson as Saturn Girl. Now THAT is a perfect fit in my eyes [Smile]

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chemical King:
Six is definitely NOT Saturn Girl in my book - she is much too old to be a "teenager from the future". [snip] I just don't like her face. I'm much more into Boomer [Wink]

For an adult 'Ironbutt' Imra, Lucy Lawless has a pretty awesome look in that show. I could totally see her making it work. (Then again, she might be an even better Emma Frost...)

(Tricia Halford is a man in a dress. How she got turned into a sex symbol, I have no idea. Why do they keep dressing her in open-fronted braless dresses that show off her saggy chesticles and protruding ribs? Ugh.)

Now the ep with the entire base-ship full of nekkid Boomers? That was like the Cylon Ship O' Paradise!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
If any of you haven't watched this season, it's not bad!
I've really enjoyed the last few seasons.
I know people want him to 'get over' Lana but I think that sometimes first (and often greatest) loves hang around for a very long time.

Storywise, the idea kind of keeps the Lois relationship in check, at least for awhile.
bleccccc

It also serves to keep him out of all the other women's clutches, so he can meet a Maxima but feel no real attraction.
A lost love might be blamed for Kal not becoming a 'swinger' like his pal Oliver Queen, too.

On another point brought up here, 'Smallville' has always used the movie version of Krypton and the Fortress.
The whole concept is so visually beautiful and alien, cold and quietly powerful, lifeless but not lightless.
The idea of memory crystals was even used for LSH at one time.
The covers show the contrast between the worlds and families just wonderfully, I think.

I rather love the whole concept.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:

(Tricia Halford is a man in a dress. How she got turned into a sex symbol, I have no idea. Why do they keep dressing her in open-fronted braless dresses that show off her saggy chesticles and protruding ribs? Ugh.)

Now the ep with the entire base-ship full of nekkid Boomers? That was like the Cylon Ship O' Paradise!

You mean this man?  -
I really don't know the show, but that's a good looking man.

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Arm Fall Off Boy:
quote:
Originally posted by Set:

You mean this man?  -
I really don't know the show, but that's a good looking man.

LOL... Arm, that was too rich! Here, here!!!!
Tricia Helfer never looked better. And she's a damn fine Canadian actress to boot.
Thanks for the pic!
[Yes]

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Having seen her in person a couple times, I'd never mistake her for a man.

She'd never be my choice for Imra (from the pics I think the coming ep did a good job).

Lucy L as an older Imra is intriguing.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Having seen her in person a couple times, I'd never mistake her for a man.

I saw her at a convention, as well. She's much better looking in person than she is on BSG, where's she's all sag and bones. I think it's the awful clothing they put her in, actually.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm going to split out the Smallville posts and put them in the Smallville thread where they belong by tomorrow...cause this one is getting confusing.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.