Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LSH 43 ~~~~~SPOILERS (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: LSH 43 ~~~~~SPOILERS
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
The last ten or eleven issues with Bedard and Shooter writing have been waaaaay more interesting and action-filled then the 30 issues under Waid. The last few issues have had quality characterization, and I think Shooter has hit his stride. I never wanted Shooter to pick up on the Waid version reboot of the Legion, but since he has I would like to see more of it (didn't think I'd ever say that a year ago!).

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PenaltyKillah
Out of Continuity!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PenaltyKillah   Author's Homepage   Email PenaltyKillah         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, with some tweaking and isolating on half of the Legion's current continuity. If that makes the pulses of old-time readers a bit more regular when reading what they call a blasphemy, I'm all for it. But, as I said, Waid laid some good groundwork for potential character development. It's up to Jim if he should build on or just ignore (and revamp). Strangely, it still seems early to make that judgement.

--------------------
"For some reason I can't explain or understand, and probably never will... EVERYTHING comes from SUPERMAN." - Alexander Luthor, Jr.

Unfortunately, the Legion is no exception.

From: Canadia | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Read it at last, last night. Commenting from memory only:

What a dense read. No one can say Shooter doesn't give the money's worth, his LSH is NOT one of those "sail through in 5 minutes" comics.

Brainy's acting job was hilarious, I loved it. "Sizzling satellites!" indeed. Cute. Very cute.

I am now obsessed with knowing more about the batwitch.

Why the HELL has Giselle changed from a somewhat bizarre but not TOO bizarre alien into a normal earth-looking human? WTF?

All in all, good stuff, but Shooter needs to start resolving some stuff soon. In hindsight, a 16-issue arc may have been a mistake coming off Waid's crippled-snail pacing.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Additional comments after rereading this thread:

Jan's scenes in the HQ were lovely.

I'm glad Tinya got her comics back.

I thought the 4 figures in the Time Bubble were the Knights Templar (incl. Cos) until I read Tromium's post. Now I do believe it is Booster Gold and his amazing friends.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PenaltyKillah
Out of Continuity!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PenaltyKillah   Author's Homepage   Email PenaltyKillah         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
I thought the 4 figures in the Time Bubble were the Knights Templar (incl. Cos) until I read Tromium's post. Now I do believe it is Booster Gold and his amazing friends.

Everything related with time's now got to do with this "hero you've never heard before". How fitting. Personally, the Knights Tempus might as well be the real heroes of LSH, vol. 5, and you know very well why. [Wink]

--------------------
"For some reason I can't explain or understand, and probably never will... EVERYTHING comes from SUPERMAN." - Alexander Luthor, Jr.

Unfortunately, the Legion is no exception.

From: Canadia | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.