Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Legion July 2007 Solicitations and Images...SPOILERS! (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Legion July 2007 Solicitations and Images...SPOILERS!
The Flying Fool
Eager Young Space Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Flying Fool   Email The Flying Fool         Edit/Delete Post     
Perez's cover may be weak, but his interior art is still great. I'll wait to see how the team looks inside.

Still, Batman with a flight ring is cool.....but Superman could still outfly him. [Wink]

--------------------
Space travel is engineering, time travel is magic.

From: The Bright, Sunny South | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Do we know yet what issues of JLA and JSA will comprise the Lightning saga?

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
It runs 5 issues. JLA 8-10 and JSA 5-6.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Is Click Here For A Spoilerthe Trident reveal in JLA #7, though? That qualifies as an AR appearance, at least.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, it's in #7.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Re-reading the 1st two parts... we see Thom (in JLA, I think) going "itsy bitsy" or something like that, while making hand gestures implying something small, while the others are discussing the scattered Legionnaires. Methinks Vi is one of the 7.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't think that the SLoSH cover is any good. Mediocre at best.

The problem with the Perez Brave Cover #5 is probably that it's only faces. That's a rather poor composition choice. It would have been much better if it would have been an action scene like #3 with the Fatal Five on it. Perez is trying to give every character a distinctive look, but at the same time not loosing the Kitson feel. That's impossible - because, even though I very much like Kitsons stuff, his faces to me are looking all alike. For me, it is rather impossible to tell the new Legionnaires from each other only by their faces, just like back in the 60s with John Fortes art. They are walking costumes - which might be part of the problem why I just don't dig this Threeboot - lack of personality!

Further problem is that Wiacek is not Perez' best inking choice - compare his work from Avengers inked by Al Vey with his Titans or Brave Bold stuff and you'll see the difference in the details. Vey is the perfect Perez inker!

So I don't think you can blame Perez for trying, but I think he should do his own thing. I just reread Brave and the Bold ##1-3 and it's wonderful even with Wiacek. I guess #5 will rule if he does not too much try to copy Kitsons look.

And then... let Perez loose on the Levitz Legion!!!

[ May 12, 2007, 04:57 AM: Message edited by: Chemical King ]

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, August 2007 Solicititation will be up tomorrow right? If so, please spoil us a big time! *grin*
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Actually I think we have another week to go, the 21st.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
ohhhhh....... [Frown] thought it was on 2nd monday of every month...
oh well. *shaking head frowning*

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Igee The Mighty
Legion Lover

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Igee The Mighty   Author's Homepage   Email Igee The Mighty         Edit/Delete Post     
i believe DC releases solicits every mid-month, so it should be available by the 16th at best.

--------------------
Igee The Mighty!

From: Manila, The Philippines | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Nope, always a Monday so the 16th would be out. It will be next week. Usually the third Monday. If you look at when I started this thread it was the Sunday before the third Monday.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Igee The Mighty
Legion Lover

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Igee The Mighty   Author's Homepage   Email Igee The Mighty         Edit/Delete Post     
unless it's a 5-wednesday month which opens the possibility of a week's delay...regardless, can't wait to read them solits!!!

--------------------
Igee The Mighty!

From: Manila, The Philippines | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
The solicitation previews are up on Newsarama, so that indicates the should be out tomorrow!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

I should be able to access the covers tomorrow, the solicits on Monday just before the 5:00 PM (Eastern) release time.

Anyone look at the previews Newsarama has? The hardcover for the covers of 52. I wish they'd do something like this for Barry's run on Legion.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.