Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LEGION Ending?!? (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: LEGION Ending?!?
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by capt._dallas:
I HEARD THAT!

You couldn't have. You can't "hear" a MB [Smile]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
It's the voices in his head, natch.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Are you suggesting he's insane as well as paranoid? [Smile]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
capt._dallas
Co-Creator/Writer: Omega Chase

Icon 1 posted      Profile for capt._dallas           Edit/Delete Post     
Et tu, Miner and SoM!!!!!!!!???????????????

Of course, this conspiracy of yours has brewing been since I've joined Legionworld.net, hasn't it!!!?????

Jealous about the welcome I received, perhaps??

That's just so typical!

So, so typical!

Well now, your plans to persecute me are all out in the open, and I believe there's only one appropriate response...

I'm starting a new thread, and you three are not allowed to reply to it! DO YOU HEAR ME!?

Um, I mean..., DO YOU READ ME!!??

Hold on a second...

--------------------
Omega Chase, available in stores in September: http://th3rdworld.com/comics.php

From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Well, you are contradicting me, Drake, but that's cool. We all have different opinions here, and unlike what I see at DCMB, here at legionworld.net, we all treat each other with respect. [Big Grin]

Thanks for understanding that even though I have a different opinion, I'm not trying to devalue your feelings. It's one of the landmines of these kinds of forums where sometimes expressing a personal opinion that's contradictory can seem like an insult. Like you say, it's the good natured atmosphere of these boards in particular that opposing thoughts don't have to lead to a pissing war [Smile]

[ May 13, 2004, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3003 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

quote:
Et tu, Miner and SoM!!!!!!!!???????????????

[...]

I'm starting a new thread, and you three are not allowed to reply to it!

Three?

*ticks another box* [Smile]

[ May 14, 2004, 07:38 AM: Message edited by: Sanity or Madness? ]

--------------------

capt._dallas

quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
Thanks for understanding that even though I have a different opinion, I'm not trying to devalue your feelings.

My sentiment exactly. I used to be part of an email Legion group in the mid-1990s. The amount of disrespect that I read in those messages was terrible. Flamewars, everywhere, especially between the TMK Vol. 4 admirers and detractors.

--------------------

From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
capt._dallas

Something else I'd like to add to this discussion about the future of LSH.

I forgot about an email I sent to Paul Levitz in early February after DnA's departure was announced. When I asked about the future of The Legion, Levitz responded that they have "had a new writer in place since November, though not yet announced."

SoM?, you said it was in December that Rich Johnston reported that Waid was attached to take over Legion, yes? So Levitz here is either referring to Waid, or perhaps only to Gail as the writer of the 4 parter.

Earlier this week I emailed Stephen Wacker about this week's announcement. (On a side note, I know many of you don't admire Stephen, and you're entitled to your opinion, but I do like him A LOT. All of his communications with me have been very speedy, friendly and respectful.) When I asked Stephen about the future of favorite 31st century heroes, he responded, "Sorry Keith, but all I can give you is a big, fat: no comment. I can tell you that I've loved the book for years, but 38 is the end of THE LEGION."

--------------------

Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought at this juncture it would be useful to revisit Gail's December/January posts at the DCMB, just to refresh our memories. She was amazingly open and informative for a period of about ten days. All these statements were made after Rich Johnston's green-lighted Waid/Kiston rumor, but well before Levitz's positive response to Cap in February. In March/April Gail spoke of her arc intersecting with Waid's in the Sequential Tart interview.

My point is, if the plan to relaunch fell through it would have to have happened in the last 6 weeks. We've not heard any rumors to indicate this, have we?

Note: Pertinent excerpts only. Bolding is mine.

------------------------------------------------------------

DCMB TOPIC: A little bit of news

12/29/2003
YES, I am doing a four issue arc of Legion. I love the book, love the characters, and am having a blast. The story WILL be a standalone, but we will touch on some of DnA's brilliant stuff. It should be a fairly smooth transition, AND we'll be setting up some hints for the permanent team to follow.

1/5/2004
Max: I completely understand, but this is just one arc, not several with rotating teams. After my arc, there will be a new, seriously-gifted team that I think very few people will complain about! [Wink]

1/6/2004
Will you be finishing the Cub story for DnA didn't get to tell? [Repeating a question by the poster Starman]

We will touch on it, but I really feel that's a big story, and so best left to the ongoing team. [This is Gail's response to Starman re. Cub.]

DCMB TOPIC: Gail Simone and John Byrne?????

12/28/2003
Not sure exactly how DC has been communicating with the readers but I always try to make sure that when I come aboard a book, it's not to kick someone else off. My understanding is that Abnett and Lanning would be off before I was asked. I say again in complete respect and enthusiasm, I think those two guys are fantastic. I love their Legion and I loved Resurrection Man. I love how every issue has so many ideas in it.

Once again, I'm sorry to be so cagey here, but I know what DC's actual plans are, and I honestly think Legion is going to benefit tremendously from the new creative team coming on board (not me, by the way!).

12/29/2003
I've never taken over a book without trying to be respectful to what's come before. Legion is the same, except it's even more critical in this case.

On the other hand, with the exception of some big stunt issues, Legion has not sold well in a good while, and some attempt has to be made to interest new readers. I'm not blaming that on anyone, as I've said, I think the stories have been excellent. But from the publisher's pov, they want to see new people jump aboard. One of the hard business realities of the industry.

All I can do is my very best. After that, I'm certain that the next team will kick the book back up to the chart position where it belongs.

12/29/2003
As for the Legion, I didn't want to rely on just my memory, so I bought some Archive editions, a ton of back issues, and all the DnA stuff I could find. Mark Waid also bought several of his favorite stories and sent them to me, out of his usual friendship. Mark's a good pal to have!

12/29/2003
Briefly, I was offered to stay on Legion, in fact, but a four-issue arc seemed like a great deal of fun, and when another team became available, I whole-heartedly wanted them to take the book, so I'm glad that's how it worked out, as a reader. I know they're going to kick it HUGE.

1/3/2004
I actually think there's a good chance this will be traded. DC is very happy with it so far, so even though it's only four issues, it might well happen. To be honest, I don't like so many stories being six issues, anyway.

Hope this helps put things in perspective.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I have this overwhelming urge to riot in the streets.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Not that it means jack, but has anyone else noticed the recent text updates to the Legion Secret Files at DC Comics? Within the last couple of months, they updated Apparition, Ultra Boy, M'onel, Spark, Karate Kid, Ferro and (I think) Jazmin. Now I just noticed they updated Saturn Girl and Live Wire. Must be a few weeks since I last checked. The others are still years out of date, e.g. Triad, Element Lad.

Here's the Secret Files page.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Comet King
No 1 Tellus fan

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Comet King           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks TC - I never even knew that was there!

I hope it's not another reboot. Sigh. I've really enjoyed this run and I wouldn't want Waid and Kitson/whoever to chuck it all away.

Personally, I think Waid's really over rated so I'm not exactly looking forward to it. On the other hand I hope we don't have to wait too long!

--------------------
"What a total entropic mess! Let me at it!"

From: London, England | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmpress
Beautiful & Merciless

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmpress   Email EmeraldEmpress         Edit/Delete Post     
It's a very sad new for me the "end of legion".
I only wait for the return of all my heroes in all the glory.
Maybe a hypertime storie, with Kal, Kara, Projectra, Dirk, Tenzil, Gim, Dawnstar,Condo, alls together for first time.
Only hope a good new.
I have 43 years and if The Legion dissapear in the dc's limbo, a part of me die.
Pure and simply.
Long Live To The Legion

--------------------
From Spain with glamour.

From: Valencia- Spain | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.