Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LEGION #26 thoughts! (SPOILERS) (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: LEGION #26 thoughts! (SPOILERS)
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
There's tons of swell photomanips in the AVATARS section where you found your Crystal Kid avatar, Scotty, you just gotta keep looking.

Though I love this Rokk avatar, I'm about due to change back to one of my own pics....

You wanna have this Rokk avatar?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Alright, I don't think anyone said this yet, but I think we've all missed something very important: THE TIME TRAPPER IS IN THIS ISSUE.

I don't think this observation is too far-fetched. Remember DnA hinted at an introduction of the Time Trapper at the end of the Computo arc - didn't Sharn Nux land at his feet or something? It's about time they followed that one up.

I MUCH prefer Kon-el in the tight jeans/black t with Superman symbol than the full Superboy outfit at the end. It looks kinda lame and dated to me - as if Tinya had started sporting bell-bottoms again.

I really enjoyed this issue. Lots of Legionnaire interaction. Minor quibbles as follows: Yes, Vi did get a few lines here and there but DnA still don't seem to have a grasp of her persona yet. It always seems like whatever she says could have been said just as easily by anyone else. Nothing distinctive that tells us this is formerly shy Vi talking. The Stargate/Spacegate thing was a little annoying because it seemed like a re-hash of the Kid Q/Ayla call me Live Wire/Spark thing.
Okay you've re-made Sensor into a more interesting look - now for God's sake let her use her illusion powers. I'm bored with all of this tail-spanking.
I don't know what is happening in the Secret Files issue but I hope it will address some of the happenings in the 5 weeks prior. We need to see the Jarth thing play out from the beginning. What was Ayla's reaction? Will he be overtly shunned by some legionnaires because he looks like the guy who killed Monstress and the former Live Wire? Kid Q had a special connection to Jan Arrah - how is she reacting to Jarth? Maybe Rewind Kid Cadet can show us what happened during those 5 weeks.
I still feel that overall DnA are doing an interesting job on this book. But they really do focus on the big issues - world domination by "fill-in-the-blank" when what we really want to see is Triad's reaction to Ferro - are they friends again? Or more insight into the Dreamer/Star Boy relationship? Or does Invisible Kid have a sex life? And on and on. It's not enough to fit characterization in between major events. Well, not for me anyway.

Okay enough whining - we've got a book every 2 weeks for a while. Now is the perfect time to balance plot with characterization.

--------------------
The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by deanlegion:
Love that Jaz has these weird time blips! Can't wait to see what it is.

Not just blips I think. I think so far they have been rewinds in her local vicinity.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with Cargg. I'm tired of Sensor using her tail instead of her powers. And her super strength didn't come with her new body, as D&A seem to be trying to imply. Remember how she snapped that armored tank in two with her old body? Just another example of their playing fast and loose with everyone's power levels that annoys me. If this keeps up, Proty will be using his super strength to kick Darkseid's ass.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Galadhran
Empire Spy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Galadhran   Author's Homepage   Email Galadhran         Edit/Delete Post     
Can anyone answer my questions? [Smile]

Is that Zauriel or Hawkgirl corrupted?
Does Thom still have problem with his powers?

And I do think it's the Time Trapper involved as I said in an earlier post: With what happened to Jaz AND also to Nura (no future)... think it's enough of a hint... SO Obvious it cannot be? Nah I think it's just DnA's style [Smile]

From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Galadhran:

Does Thom still have problem with his powers?

Nobody really knows. We're all just guessing.

And yes, Thom's still having trouble with his powers as far as we know.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Do we know those characters come from the past? Could the "hawkgirl" be a Starhavenite?

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Just read #25 and #26 together and thought they were just great. So much visual detail, a variety of action and character and characters, with a lot of the sub-plots being picked up.

Interesting call on the "Trapper", Cobalt. I'm going to go back over Dream Crime and look for him - there were a few background scenes there with different profiles.

Loved the clock on the Time Institute! Fantastic to see Brainy and Lyle working together - maybe Rond was just out getting coffee. But were they sneaking into the Institute to get past the crowd or were they doing this on the sly? There was nobody else around.

I thought I'd loathe Superboy, but this may work out. I could do without the old uniform, too - the black t-shirt seems better with his personality. Perhaps clothes will make the man, however - and he will become the noble, square-jawed hero.

The "Jarth" scenes were well handled, also - realistic, the way he was thinking; the mixed feelings, the retort about Imra having "free access" to his thoughts, his reaction to Superboy, his isolation, the confusion of how to deal with his situation.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:

Loved the clock on the Time Institute!

I wonder if anyone knows how to read it? [Smile]

Even Ferro is of the digital age.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chip Wallace
Stone Boy's pet rock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chip Wallace   Author's Homepage   Email Chip Wallace         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

Hawkgirl!

Among the other servants of Darkseid are:

Orion, Lobo, Firestorm, Green Lantern, Big Barda, Martian Manhunter (true form), and Superman

[ November 23, 2003, 11:43 PM: Message edited by: C Wallace ]

--------------------
Charles "Chip" Wallace
www.charleswallaceart.com

From: New York | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saturnrings
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saturnrings   Email saturnrings         Edit/Delete Post     
Overall, I am pleased with part 2 more so than part 1. There appears to be a strong balance between art and storyline and most of it was believable. Several people have already pointed out the problems, so I will not repeat them.

What I liked about #26:

1-"Switch to a power other than ultra-sarcasm, Jo."

2-"We are "so" not covering ourselves with glory..." (I do not remember Vi being sarcastic; I hope this is a new aspect of her character. I'm sooo tired of the shy Vi routine.)

3-Coz has apparently become Kon-el's unwilling guide to the 31st century. Coz being a believer in the Spirit of the Last Son does not surprise me. The Legion was based on heroes of the past, including Superman, and Coz is a history buff.
It's a lesson to us all: Our heroes are only human or sentient. Try to live up to the ideas they convey and do not make them all-knowing gods.

3-Garth is sort of back.

4-Coz and Jaz: We saw it coming; now it's here. Have to admit, Coz goes for quality-First Imra, now Jaz. Who's next?

5-Andrew not being timid, wonderful!

What I didn't like:

1-I'm extremely disturbed about the way everyone's reacting to Garth/Jan. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that DnA is on the money with the reaction.

What do you do with someone who does not fit but you can't kick out? You let him hang around but you avoid him whenever possible.

I must echo others on one point: How could Ayla not visit Garth more often? At least Imra, who should be more creeped out than anyone, is attempting to communicate with him. It was extremely painful to see the attempted conversation and hear Garth's thoughts.
The worst part is he thought Imra faked the telepathic call, which she didn't. Even Coz,his buddy, has not tried to visit him more.

I hope we will have flashbacks either during or after this story arch so we can see everyone's reaction to Garth's return. I would like to see the other legionnaires show more compassion for Garth's plight.

2-I find it hard to believe that Brainy or Lyle has not cured Andy yet so he can change from iron to human without dying. They had 5 whole weeks!

Very impressed! Keep it coming, DnA!

From: durham, nc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by C Wallace:
quote:

Hawkgirl!

Among the other servants of Darkseid are:

Orion, Firestorm, Green Lantern, Big Barda, Martian Manhunter (true form), and Superman

Thanks for clearing this up! I was wondering who that "Alien"-looking servant was -- the shape of his head should have tipped me off to it being Martian Manhunter...
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
That was a nice analysis of the issue, saturnrings -- I pretty much agreed all down the list. [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by saturnrings:
I must echo others on one point: How could Ayla not visit Garth more often? ... Even Coz,his buddy, has not tried to visit him more.

The absolute worst, though, is the fact that the only person who'll talk to him is Lori Morning, and she just won't leave him the hell alone! [Wink]
MYG
Once a Legionnaire...always a Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MYG   Email MYG         Edit/Delete Post     
I loved this issue too and the art was great. I would love to see a move to more individuality in the costumes worn. I don't think Legionnaires need a big giant 'L' belt buckle to identify them as such. Tinya and Tasmia don't wear them. I think it somehow takes away from the costumes. Those utlity belts need to be toned down a bit, because they appear to be large and cumbersome.

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!!!

From: Sayreville, NJ | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chip Wallace
Stone Boy's pet rock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chip Wallace   Author's Homepage   Email Chip Wallace         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MYG:
I loved this issue too and the art was great. I would love to see a move to more individuality in the costumes worn. I don't think Legionnaires need a big giant 'L' belt buckle to identify them as such. Tinya and Tasmia don't wear them. I think it somehow takes away from the costumes. Those utlity belts need to be toned down a bit, because they appear to be large and cumbersome.

Well, I would have to disagree there, the "L" buckles are the ONLY team insignia they wear that are openly visible. Yes, they have their rings too but the buckles are clearly worn as an identifying emblem Without it there is nothing on them to suggest they are a Legionnaire.

I was toying with some Legion redesigns myself, maybe I'll post a few of them here sometime.

--------------------
Charles "Chip" Wallace
www.charleswallaceart.com

From: New York | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.