Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Lightning Saga Legion in Action! (Page 47)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Lightning Saga Legion in Action!
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
Re: The founders retiring. They could've still retired and just made a come back.

It's certainly possible. But their not retiring is actually a really good explanation for the apparent lack of three of the "Levitz Five" that joined after their retirement.
That is true. No Magnetic Kid, Quislet or Tellus. Though we did see Sensor Girl and Polar Boy. And I just have this feeling Quislet will show up before all is said and done. [Smile]
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
And why can't they just bring back the original Supergirl and have her just stay in the 31st century.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Did Dream Girl's powers originally come from Naltorian super science? I thought it was the other way around. In Adv. 363 Naltor's president (or whoever) says that their science is based on their visions and in that solo Dream Girl story, she discovers that Naltor's earthquake vibrations were responsible for their visions. Or something like that.

I agree that they can't really use Supergirl in the LSL, unfortunately.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
okay I've just finished reading the lighting saga
could some one point me to where they talk about who is stuck in the thing <--that's my attempt to be subtle

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askanipsion
Telepath

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askanipsion   Author's Homepage   Email Askanipsion         Edit/Delete Post     
Is Dream Girl going to appear in the next issue of Action? I really liked her in the Lightning Saga.
From: South Florida | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
jimgallagher: I think Naltorians' powers originally came from their science. In that solo story, it was the machines they used to regulate the earthquakes that were interfering with their visions: they were vibrating on an inconvenient frequency, or something, so Nura had to recalibrate them so there wouldn't be any negative effects.

Askanipsion: According to some exposition, Dream Girl's on Naltor at the moment. I guess she could appear, but my suspicion is she'll remain offscreen during this story.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askanipsion
Telepath

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askanipsion   Author's Homepage   Email Askanipsion         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:

Askanipsion: According to some exposition, Dream Girl's on Naltor at the moment. I guess she could appear, but my suspicion is she'll remain offscreen during this story. [/QB]

Tis a shame....since she has disappeared from the regular Legion series....Brainy has also not been shown so I wonder if he is with Dream Girl now.

I would like to see Shooter's take on her.

From: South Florida | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by kidflash2fan:
okay I've just finished reading the lighting saga
could some one point me to where they talk about who is stuck in the thing <--that's my attempt to be subtle

Presumably Barry Allen, the Silver Age flash. Each of the locations the various reams visited had some connection with Barry, or his final visitations during the original Crisis.

Brainy and the LSH seemed surprised it was Wally, not Barry, they freed.

Since Barry spent almost all of his last six months alive in the 30th century, where he fathered Don and Dawn Allen, the Tornado Twins that the LSH knew, there is presumably some connection Brainy was seeking to take advantage of.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Enigma
What?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Enigma           Edit/Delete Post     
Huh. I thought that it was Bart Allen in the thing. Didn't he die around the same time Wally came back? And I thought that Bats and Hal thought that it was Barry. I don't think that the Legionnaires gave any indication of who they were bringing back. They were going for someone, but it just wasn't Wally&Family.

(I'm going by memory here. It's been a while since I've read those issues and I don't have them on hand to check them out.)

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I think you're right about the Legionnaires giving no indication; it was my interpretation that Brainy expected Barry. I should have clarified.

Given all the locations, Bart seems unlikely, but so did Wally so no one can really say at this point.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Comics Continuum has 5 preview pages for Action Comics #862.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Didn't that All-Flash thing say Wally appeared at the exact moment Bart died?

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
RE: Action #862 preview. The art looks pretty good this time around, but the reveal about Saturn Girl and the applicants is kind of disturbing. Interesting concept, perhaps justifiable, but the not the Saturn Girl I knew...

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The art has grown on me as the nature of the story has revealed itself.

What do you mean this isn't the Saturn Girl we knew? This is a girl who telepathically determined that one of the Legion would die, stole an election through telepathic manipulation and depowered her teammates because she thought she knew better than them. This is Saturn Girl through every boot, though its funny that she's shown constantly touching Kal-El like a tween backstage at a boy band concert.

What might be more objectionable is the ret-con of those innocent funny silver age stories. This is what some of us have been saying about the LS/Action Legion to those gushing over having them back.

"This isn't 1983. Your favorites and their histories are now subject to the interpretation through the 2008 DCU (and its creators/editors). You might not like some of the stuff that will be tacked on."

So fair warning given, the story actually has been good if a little slow moving. It'll be a beautiful hardcover though.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Re: page 5 of the preview...a lightning beast? How many times do writers need to be reminded, Durlans can only mimic form, not function!!! (unless the function is a result of the form, like a bird's wings)

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  ...  68  69  70   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.