Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Lightning Saga Legion in Action! (Page 45)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Lightning Saga Legion in Action!
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
I think it's obvious that this Yera IS a Legionnaire. Brainiac refers to her as "one of US" and she's given the code name Chameleon Girl, which she never had before. She's also using a Legion log-recording device to record her mission.

I didn't notice the Chameleon Girl until you mentioned it. (Those little blocks are invisible to me, for some reason, I gloss right over them...)

But the Legion log-recording device she was wearing as a bracelet? Never seen one of those before. My Legion-fu is weak.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
i hope i dont get yelled at for this but i stupidly didnt get the lighting sag issues...yeah i know. i had just moved and i couldn't find a comic shop

can any one tell me the numbers so i can hunt them down? i've look on this thread but i cant find them

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
they're in a tpb now.
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by kidflash2fan:
i hope i dont get yelled at for this but i stupidly didnt get the lighting sag issues...yeah i know. i had just moved and i couldn't find a comic shop

can any one tell me the numbers so i can hunt them down? i've look on this thread but i cant find them

The actual issues are, uh... JLA 8-10, I think, and JSA 5-6. I think that's right.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lad Boy:
they're in a tpb now.

i know but i don't think im ready to spend 24.99 for it with out reading it first

and i know i going to sound like a snob for saying this but.i want to hold off on the hard cover, until i can hold an issue and know Micheal turner had nothing to do with the art work inside, id rather spend the money on good artist then pay for shiny covers

thank you Matthew E

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh my, finally my new Action issue is here.

Have to say, I really liked it. Though it was (FOR GODS SAKE!!!!) a little bit slower paced than the last one, it had a lot of interesting stuff which felt really right to me. The story getting more hopeless (more and more Legionnaires getting caught, but we KNOW, we KNOW that soon, they will all get free and KICK some major Earth-Man butt [Smile] ), new revelations (Sun Boy making the sun go red, Yera undercover), characterization (Radiation Roy, Storm Boy, all logical continuations of classic Legion Lore) - I just loved it. Hope that they will resolving it in a satisfying manner.

Still think that currently, this is the best book on the market - the first one for decades that makes me read it AT ONCE, at the bathroom if neccessary.... [Smile]

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Me too. This story is classic Legion in construction and in spirit...with modern story telling elements mixed in to the basic "Legion On the Run" tale.

I can't wait to open the book when it's out. I find it very difficult to make myself wait until I get home to read it.

I just hope Superman fandom feels the same way.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Catching up in comments, one page at a time.

Re: Page 44:

quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
I hate the name Earth Man. Can't they think of something better than that? How about Superhuman? Or Ultrahuman? Or Terran?.

I don't mind the name Earth-Man; it fits, especially given his agenda and propaganda.

quote:
Not only does Yera have hair, but her antennae are different too. They used to be miniaturized and sprouted from her eyebrows. Now they're larger and in the middle of her forehead like Cham's. Still, I like her new look.

I assumes she was caught mid-transformation, actually, as her disguise had hair. Or maybe she went Babylon-5, and got hair implanted to be more human.

quote:
Originally posted by Jerry:
Remember how mad Vi was at Duplicate Boy for not saying anything to anyone that he suspected that she "wasn't the Vi he knew." Yera was clearly unaware that Shrinking Violet was being tortured. However, she was pretty stupid not to realize that something terrible was happening. Why else would she have been asked to pose secretly as Vi?

As I recall, she was led to believe she was covering for Vi, who was on a top-secret mission for the Imskian gov't. Yera could easily have let delusions of self-importance and opportunity get in the way of thinking and analysing strategy; she wouldn't have been the first performer to have done so.

quote:
In bringing the issue up, I'm pointing out how the current series is harder for me to accept as a true blue TMK fan. The conversation between Yera and Vi, and grudging acceptance did occur in the 5YL storyline. It was the third annual, I believe. My take is that this occurred when they were actually a few years older than the Action Legion is currently being portrayed. It took Vi years to get over the sense of betrayal and her anger. Her feelings were clearly portrayed pre- crisis. The current version has been promoted as the return of the pre-crisis team. If we accept that, we're kind of saying that the 5YL Legion didn't really evolve from the pre crisis Legion. For some fans that isn't a problem because they always considered 5YL to be a reboot of sorts.

I am also a big TMK fan. At this point, I am assuming Yera was a sort of drafted-by-necessity recruit, as Cham was away. A major crisis like this sometimes causes people to swallow bitter pills and work with people they'd rather not face. In TMK, it was Vi's war experience that presumably served as catalyst for reconcilliation. In this variant, the whole JLA/Earth crisis could serve the same function.

Part of what I'm liking about the current story is that it borrows from both Levitz and TMK themes. As I'm not expecting it to be gospel to either (how could any new work do so?), I'm content to enjoy it for what it is. Hopefully, there will be adequate explanations as we go. So far, Johns has not disappointed; I'm content to let him unfold the story at his own pace. We fans are too used to assuming we know how things fit together in advance, and that's not necessarily a good thing, story-wise.

quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:
I agree with Set; I don't think Yera's a Legionnaire. And I don't want her to be! Not every character has to be a superhero. Just let her keep being an actress.

I agree with your supporting-cast views, but it does seem she is a Legionnaire (even if drafted, as I speculate). The code-name is one fairly clear sign; also there is a mention a couple issues ago about "Yera and the other Legionnaires."

quote:
Originally posted by Uranus Lad:
My guess about Yera's membership is that; as future Earth is more fascistic, the rules for Legion membership have probably loosened considerably. Since they're not so much of a "superhero club" any more but more of a group of freedom fighters. Hence in the new world order, they could no longer afford the luxury of the Legion's former snobby acceptance policy i.e. duplicate powers, artificial powers, etc. What I'm saying is Yera's a freakin' Legionaire yo!

I agree. That fits both the TMK-ish thmese, but also the blending of Subs without clear delineation.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Re: Page 43:

quote:
Originally posted by Zero Kahn:
The more I think about it the more I am starting to think that the Lourna that is in Countdown is not the real one. You would think that if Brainy really had sent her back in time to help KK we would have seen some mention of Chuck by now worring about his wife. I am starting to think that maybe Chuck and Lourna are both going to be shown in that last issue of this arc working with the underground in some way. That would give Countdown nearly 8 more issues to reveil if she is the real thing or not.

Unless they go the sad arc and say Chuck has died between Crisis and now and that is why she agreed to go on a mission like this.

I'm stuill assuming Una is paired with Val because both were saved from untimely deaths; thus both can operate freely without the public at large, or spies/observors in the 31st C noticing their absense.

Back in L-Saga, Val mentioned being rescued by the founders; I think Una is Luornu's third body, rescued in time from being killed by Computo. She's made references to herself as Triplicate Girl, not being Duo Damsel (at least in the Supergirl appearance, and the one Countdown issue I did pick up).

Either that or she's the missing Cham.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionboy
Ex Science Police/Honary Legionaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionboy   Email legionboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Which Supergirl issue was that?

--------------------
There is no better Super Hero group to have ever been in comics than the Legion of Super Heroes.

From: BGTZL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Supergirl #21 and #22 had the KK and Una appearance.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionboy
Ex Science Police/Honary Legionaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionboy   Email legionboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Jerry [Cool]

--------------------
There is no better Super Hero group to have ever been in comics than the Legion of Super Heroes.

From: BGTZL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm a little behind--sort of missed the Lightning Saga, hopped on Action a little late--but we're still in the dark as to what all of this means, right? We're not sure what the relationship between the current LSH continuity and the LS/Action Legion is, we're not really sure if the Action Legion is what the Legion would have become without Zero Hour, we're not really sure if the LS Legion is from the same reality/continuity as the Action Legion. Right? Is anyone else really worried that the answer to all of these questions is going to be really fanboyish and convoluted? Does anyone else have the sick feeling that whatever explanation we get will be one that negates all of these alternatives and gives us an inevitably unsatisfying restoration of, if not THE, A status quo? Head hurts, must lie down...

I know, I know, I'm wallowing in as much Legion action as I can remember in 20 years of Legion collecting...I should just lay back and enjoy it.

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Armsfall, in Lightning Saga and perhaps elsewhere we have seen references to a "Crisis of Three Legions."

In Action #850, we saw the current/Threeboot Legion, still looking for ways to get Supergirl back to the 21st, looking back on a time viewer and catching references to Superman interacting with the Legion - in ways leaving the Threeboot Legion quite confused.

Likewise, Supergirl's meeting with Karate Kid and Una in her series similarly confused those two as to why Suergirl had memories of meeting a Legion that didn't sound like theirs.

So we definitely have clear indications that the two Legions are not the same ones, and people are becoming aware of the differences; hoepfully the new DCMultiverse will continue to be wide enogh to allow at least 2 futures.

We have seen enough to know that the Lightning/Action Legion does have at least some variations from Preboot; even if it's just KK being alive while Jeckie is Sensor Girl (who appreared in Lightning Saga).

I am fully cogniscent that whatever the explanation, there will be plenty of fans who take issue with it. I don't care. I'm enjoying this Legion on par with DnA at their best, TMK, and Levitz. I'm more concerned with its continuance than how it fits in "continuity".

armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
So the LS Legion and the Action Legion are the same Legion? I seem to remember a reference from Action to the mission with the wands in the past. Does there seem to be a time lapse between the two? Is the Action Legion older, or does it just seem that way?

I'm completely off the reservation on KK and "Una" in Countdown. The KK in Countdown is the KK who showed up in the LS, right?

The current LSH featured in their own title have no Superboy/man memories, right? As long as the reboot Legion doesn't bounce out of Hypertime...

I'm not so much worried about continuity as I am making narrative sense (eventually).

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  ...  68  69  70   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.