Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Lightning Saga Legion in Action! (Page 44)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Lightning Saga Legion in Action!
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Eh, I couldn't stay away.

I'm just going to have to get used to this being the George Romero legion because I am enjoying all the characters, the story and the pacing. Earthman I'm just not getting but the rest I'm looking forward to more. Yera I loved.

Other than the faces, I'm enjoying the art. The scenery and costuming are fun to look at though the topic choices for the splash pages still do not impress me.

I'm lost totally on the rod?

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
There's a scene at the Human Cultural Center, with three kids shouting "Long Live Humans!" - they look like Garridan Ranzz, Danielle Foccart and Ivy.

Indeed, but one of them is Yera.

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uranus Lad
substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Uranus Lad   Email Uranus Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
If only Tyroc was around. He yodeled the crap out of Earth Man/Absorbency Boy back in the day.

--------------------
Is that a moon?

From: Portland, OR | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
I hate the name Earth Man. Can't they think of something better than that? How about Superhuman? Or Ultrahuman? Or Terran?

Not only does Yera have hair, but her antennae are different too. They used to be miniaturized and sprouted from her eyebrows. Now they're larger and in the middle of her forehead like Cham's. Still, I like her new look.

[ February 06, 2008, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: jimgallagher ]

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Tim Drake
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Tim Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Tim Drake         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry:
The reason this felt so wrong to me is because the Vi of the "original/ real/pre crisis" Legion wouldn't have stood for it. The torture she experienced while Yera was masquerading as her, changed Salu Digby forever. She was still struggling to come to terms with Yera five years later. If this were the real Legion, they would have had to make choice between Yera and Vi. If they admitted Yera, Vi would have left.

I don't agree. It was clearly suggested that Vi's torture was not Yera's fault, and that Vi was blaming her for it unfairly. I think that if Yera had been elected as a Legionnaire, Vi would certainly not have been happy, but she would have bowed to the will of the majority. And she wouldn't have forced her teammates to choose between her and Yera. A loyal Legionnaire would not do such a thing.

--------------------
Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake

From: Providence, RI | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Tim Drake:
And she wouldn't have forced her teammates to choose between her and Yera. A loyal Legionnaire would not do such a thing.

Nah, Salu's been pretty feisty at times, and I could see her throwing a fit. And I could see it being settled with a private 'chat' between Vi and Yera that may or may not involve; 1) a bare-knuckled brawl (no girlyslaps or hairpulling for these femmes!), 2) taking their aggressions out on some Earth First idiots who interrupt their 'conversation,', and 3) grudging acceptance.

For that matter, I'm not sure if Yera is an official member or just a concerned non-Earther with connections to the team. Colossal Boy (probably) wouldn't be having a hissy about 'his wife' going off on a mission if she was an actual Legionnaire, any more than Bouncing Boy would get his panties in a wad if Luornu went on a mission. It's kinda part of the job. If Gim's having a tantrum, it's because going on dangerous Legion missions *isn't* part of Yera's 'job' as a civilian actress / model.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Remember how mad Vi was at Duplicate Boy for not saying anything to anyone that he suspected that she "wasn't the Vi he knew." Yera was clearly unaware that Shrinking Violet was being tortured. However, she was pretty stupid not to realize that something terrible was happening. Why else would she have been asked to pose secretly as Vi?

In bringing the issue up, I'm pointing out how the current series is harder for me to accept as a true blue TMK fan. The conversation between Yera and Vi, and grudging acceptance did occur in the 5YL storyline. It was the third annual, I believe. My take is that this occurred when they were actually a few years older than the Action Legion is currently being portrayed. It took Vi years to get over the sense of betrayal and her anger. Her feelings were clearly portrayed pre- crisis. The current version has been promoted as the return of the pre-crisis team. If we accept that, we're kind of saying that the 5YL Legion didn't really evolve from the pre crisis Legion. For some fans that isn't a problem because they always considered 5YL to be a reboot of sorts.

The TMK version of how Vi dealt with her feelings about the betrayal, grew naturally from Levitz's original story. The current storyline seems to negate the power of that story to a degree. As I stated in my original post, Yera's aappearance was a trigger for me to start making comparisons between TMK and Lightning Saga. This is something I consciously tried to avoid, fearing that it would lessen my enjoyment of John's story because I am so devoted to 5YL. It happened in spite of my efforts, and the result is what I expected.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with Set; I don't think Yera's a Legionnaire. And I don't want her to be! Not every character has to be a superhero. Just let her keep being an actress.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Yera is obviously a secret member of the Legion Emergency Squad. [Wink]
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

I think it's obvious that this Yera IS a Legionnaire. Brainiac refers to her as "one of US" and she's given the code name Chameleon Girl, which she never had before. She's also using a Legion log-recording device to record her mission.

--------------------

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
It could be a field commission. Much like the one given to Shadow Lass when she was introduced.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

But Shadow Lass was not "one of us". In fact, she was told "this isn't your fight" after she accompanied the LSH back to Earth.

--------------------

The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by The Man From Cargg:
quote:
Originally posted by Zero Kahn:
Triplicate Girl/Duo Damsel/Una are all back in the 21st century.

I'm confused as to what we are suppose to assume about Luornu. If the Una that is back in time With KK is Action's Luornu... she should still be Duo Damsel as The Time Trapper/Glorith hasn't killed her 2nd body yet within Action's timeframe. So where is it? I've been assuming that Una is the first body of Lu's to die by Computo and that Duo Damsel still existed elsewhere. She hasn't actually been referred to in the current Action continuity yet has she?
I found some answers to my own question here:

http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=36;t=006796

Una and her progenitor Triplicate Girl belonged to the first, "original" Legion "universe". (That is not to say, however, that it is exactly the same as the Silver Age version. There were clearly some changes made to the original universe when the Multiverse was recreated in Infinite Crisis.) Unfortunately for disciples of the post-Zero Hour and current Legion continuities, the Triplicate Girl from those more recent incarnations don't "count" in this story. (They're from different time-lines, or alternate Earths in the Multiverse, or… Arghhhh! My head hurts again!)

--------------------
The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uranus Lad
substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Uranus Lad   Email Uranus Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
My guess about Yera's membership is that; as future Earth is more fascistic, the rules for Legion membership have probably loosened considerably. Since they're not so much of a "superhero club" any more but more of a group of freedom fighters. Hence in the new world order, they could no longer afford the luxury of the Legion's former snobby acceptance policy i.e. duplicate powers, artificial powers, etc. What I'm saying is Yera's a freakin' Legionaire yo!

--------------------
Is that a moon?

From: Portland, OR | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uranus Lad
substitute

Oh, also. Violet probably just got over it. She's a big girl.

--------------------
Is that a moon?

This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  ...  68  69  70   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.