Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Lightning Saga Legion in Action! (Page 42)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Lightning Saga Legion in Action!
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
It's been vaguely bugging me that they have dropped Color Kid for Rainbow Girl, but I wonder now if it has something to do with the whole 'red sun' thing.

quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
...or maybe Earthman already got him, absorbed his powers, and turned the sun red in the first place.

That makes a lot of sense! I had been wondering if Dr. Regulus was involved, but now I like this idea too.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Here is the variant cover for Action Comics #864 by Kevin Maguire. Provided by the new Comics Bulletin (formerly Silver Bullet Comics).

Click for fullsize image

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh oh! Is that Supes punching a hole through reality a la Superboy Prime? Could that be where all of this is leading, as well as in Final Crisis?

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Just checking in late! I finally picked up my books from the CBS.

I'm definitely intrigued by what's going on. Can't wait to see who gets intro'd along the way.

LOVE the art!!! I do have that "this is *my* Legion feeling.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
I read the new issue at lunch today. It was a quick read. Didn't feel like much happened. Went to Colu and back in 60 seconds for no real reason. Did get a few glimpses of some new/old characters though.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
Haven't read the new issue yet, but I sure am loving this storyline... I tend to find Gary Frank's art very appealing... something about it really sticks with me. I also have the "this is my Legion" feeling which Sketch Lad references above.

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I heard one of my fave sppting characters makes a suprise appearance! [Smile]
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
I enjoyed this issue... it's the continuity of the old Legion rejects (and the supporting character Ultra Jorge is referring to) that makes this feel like the REAL legion.
There is more info on the previous lightning rod storyline as well so that still has reverberations in this ongoing saga that haven't been seen yet.

--------------------
The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero Kahn
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zero Kahn   Email Zero Kahn         Edit/Delete Post     
Well with the new issue of Action another old member is finally seen, and a new one that I actully really liked. So far I think they have shown or mentioned almost all the former members of the Legion from the Pre-Crisis team except 8 now.

They have accounted for White Witch as being given to Mordru, Dream Girl being back on Naltor, and Mon-El being thrown back into the Phantom Zone. Karate Kid, Starboy, and Triplicate Girl/Duo Damsel/Una are all back in the 21st century.

That just leaves:

Chameleon Boy
Bouncing Boy
Matter Eater Lad
Tyroc
Princess Projectra/Sensor Girl
Quislet
Tellus
Magnetic Kid

I can understand maybe not seeing Tyroc or even Magnetic Kid, Quislet, and Tellus in this story, but I can't belive that the other four would not show up at least in a small way. Especially not Chameleon Boy and Projectra.

From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I won't pick this up until tomorrow, but ELEMENT LAD hasn't appeared or been mentioned, has he?

Or SUN BOY? Though he was referred to in LIGHTNING SAGA.

Or CHEMICAL KING. Or LYLE NORG. Or FERRO LAD (hey, if Val and Luornu get extra lives, why not these three?)

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:

Or SUN BOY? Though he was referred to in LIGHTNING SAGA.

Click Here For A SpoilerSunboy is revealed to be imprisoned inside some sort of solar engine that appears to be manipulating his solar wavelength and broadcasting it to the Sun.

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Zero Kahn:
Triplicate Girl/Duo Damsel/Una are all back in the 21st century.

I'm confused as to what we are suppose to assume about Luornu. If the Una that is back in time With KK is Action's Luornu... she should still be Duo Damsel as The Time Trapper/Glorith hasn't killed her 2nd body yet within Action's timeframe. So where is it? I've been assuming that Una is the first body of Lu's to die by Computo and that Duo Damsel still existed elsewhere. She hasn't actually been referred to in the current Action continuity yet has she?

--------------------

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Man From Cargg
Substitute

quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
I won't pick this up until tomorrow, but ELEMENT LAD hasn't appeared or been mentioned, has he?

No mention of Element Lad yet unfortunately.

--------------------

Zero Kahn
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zero Kahn   Email Zero Kahn         Edit/Delete Post     
Damn I forgot all about Element Lad. As for the Lourna thing it is a bit wacky. I am going to assume that if it is her and not something else that will be reveiled in Countdown yet that some time between Crisis and the Lightning Saga she lost her 2nd body in some way. I don't think it would be at the hands of the Time Trapper/Glorith since that story should be gone now since the pocket univerese Superboy didn't exist for this team so they would not have been aveging his death like before.
From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
The old character/new Legionnaire's appearance has changed somewhat. Not sure which version I like better, but continuity is always a good thing imo.

It's hard to believe that none of the missing Legionnaires are dead, but I hope not.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  ...  68  69  70   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.