Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Lightning Saga Legion in Action! (Page 41)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Lightning Saga Legion in Action!
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
Is that Giffen cover a homage to another cover from somewhere? Maybe that early v.5 Venado Bay cover or something? I swear it looks totally familiar.

-  -
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
LOL! Thanks Gary! I thought I recognised it. I'm sure there must be more examples than them too. I'm know I'm gonna be more aware of it when I see that cover design from now on.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
I think someone said somewhere that the original was a Sgt. Rock cover.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
Braniac is from Colon and Brainiac 5 is from Colo

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uranus Lad
substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Uranus Lad   Email Uranus Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Colu

--------------------
Is that a moon?

From: Portland, OR | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I think the really important question is:

Where the heck do I file the LS Legion?

I collect JSA, so the entire Lightning Saga is grouped with them. (Not collecting JLA except for the LS issues.)

I don't collect the current ACTION except for the LS Legion and earlier Mon-El appearances, but am loathe to group them all the way back with the 70's ACTION run.

What's a collector to do? [sigh]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
I think the really important question is:

Where the heck do I file the LS Legion?

I collect JSA, so the entire Lightning Saga is grouped with them. (Not collecting JLA except for the LS issues.)

I don't collect the current ACTION except for the LS Legion and earlier Mon-El appearances, but am loathe to group them all the way back with the 70's ACTION run.

What's a collector to do? [sigh]

Buy multiple copies so you can cross file them. [Wink]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
Well it actually is an important question...

As I am not filing them per series, but "Legion history" chronologically, I was thinking of filing them after Zero Hour, before Reboot. But as I don't know how this new/old Legion will survive in the DCU, I currently file them together with the Threeboot Legion (and the Lightning Saga) in one current map, hoping that some chronological sense will be made soon...

I never understood why people would file their stuff series by series. That would make no sense because reading them, you would miss some stuff, and all the crossovers would be torn asunder...

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm running into that with the reboot LSH and Legionnaires series, actually... I keep meaning to combine them by the monthly numbering DC did like they were doing with all the S-titles at the time. I was rereading some Legionnaires while putting stuff away, and realized I needed to read some LSH issues to follow the storylines (Composite Legionnaire, Superboy...)

And Quis, I was thinking of tracking down the variant covers for just that reason... [Wink] Unfortunately, my regular back-issue places are sold out of the JSA incentives. [sigh] Glad I got the Starman Sloppy Joe cover when I did! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm 1,000 miles from the rest of my collection, so right now they are but three issues among roughly two dozen. I don't have to worry about where to file thme until late April.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
I have my Legion comics filed like this: In monthly numerical order front to back by the following sections:

1. Adventure

2. Superboy/LSH/First 12 issues of Tales

3. Baxter series with the reprint issues of Tales inserted in the correct story order.

4. Legion of Super Heroes (5 Years Later) up to "End of an Era"

5. Legionnaires (Up to "End of an Era")

6. End of an Era - Legion/Legionnaires/Valor In story order

7. Post Zero Hour - LSH and Legionnares combined in story order (monthly numbering)

8. Legion Lost

9. Legion Worlds

10. The Legion

11. Legion of Super-Heroes (current series)

In front of each of those major sections, I put all the annuals or specials that came out during the time period of that series. I'm considering the Lightning Saga and current Action storyline "specials", so they are going right in front of the current series. I set this system up about three years ago. It took a bit of effort up front, but has evolved pretty naturally, and made my life much easier. I can find any Legion issue I'm looking for in a matter of seconds.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MYG
Once a Legionnaire...always a Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MYG   Email MYG         Edit/Delete Post     
My Legion collection is filed pretty similarly, except I have the "Action" run of the Legion between Adventure Comics and Superboy/LSH. I have the Legion Lost, Legion Worlds, Valor and all other misscellaneous titles filed seperately.
The annuals (specials, etc) are to be found by release date with those subsequent runs/titles. The pride and joy of my collection (Adventure 247) is stored with the companion runs, tabloids, indexes and etc. I even have a small doubles collection of selected issues for quick referrence and "read only". Yes, I'm obsessed and probably have collected "everything" Legion including the Flight Ring...somewhere!

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!!!

From: Sayreville, NJ | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, that's where I would put the Action run if I had any. That's the biggest hole in my collection. Thank goodness for archives.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
It's been vaguely bugging me that they have dropped Color Kid for Rainbow Girl, but I wonder now if it has something to do with the whole 'red sun' thing.

I don't recall any convincing rationale for exactly why red / yellow sunlight affects Kryptonians or Daxamites differently, and it's *possible* that Color Kid, who actually changes the frequency of the light, could snap his fingers and power-up Superman with golden sunshiny goodness...

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
...or maybe Earthman already got him, absorbed his powers, and turned the sun red in the first place.

the color-sun bit is Silver Age nonsensical stuff, but it helped create an alternative to everyone in the universe having Kryptonite on hand in order to give Supes a challenge.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  ...  68  69  70   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.