Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Lightning Saga Legion in Action! (Page 40)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Lightning Saga Legion in Action!
Mon-el
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mon-el   Email Mon-el         Edit/Delete Post     
The colorized Mike Grell variant for Action #861 appeared on Newsarama about 40 minutes ago.

-

Looks like Polar Boy's right arm has mysteriously came back. It needs to be recolored.

The Giffen variant for Action #862 also appeared.

-

[ January 10, 2008, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: West Virginia | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uranus Lad
substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Uranus Lad   Email Uranus Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome Giffen cover! So what is Color Kid a girl now/ I seem to remember something about him having some gender-reversal virus or something once but don't remember when or where.
And Grell too! Awesome!

As to Set's question about this being sloppy writing. I don't think so, I think there's a lot to yet be revealed. I'm really not familiar with the writer (I do know who he is but don't know that I've read his work) but so far, the story seems fairly complex. I am assuming Brainy sent the message-bot to the "present"before he was interred, escaped and became the computer tyrant of colu. I'm not sure how long this run is supposed to last but I'm thinking it's not just a 3-4 issue thing. At leat I hope.

--------------------
Is that a moon?

From: Portland, OR | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Just a note. Hotlinking to other sites is not allowed. If you don't have a place of your own to upload a copy of an image, just let Nightcrawler or myself know and we'll gladly host the image for you.

I've edited the post above to the images hosted at my LegionPics site.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Uranus Lad:
Awesome Giffen cover! So what is Color Kid a girl now/ I seem to remember something about him having some gender-reversal virus or something once but don't remember when or where.

I believe that is supposed to be Rainbow Girl, who was a Legion reject preboot, but never joined the Subs then. That is a close variation of her costume anyway. You are correct that Color Kid did turn into a woman once (in the Legion of Subs special where Infectious Lass' out of control powers caused it to happen).

And for the record, I like Keith's take on Fire Lad! And the Grell cover looks great too!! Lots of Legiony goodness!

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
Who's that Dawny's holding? And I wish Giffen was doing the interiors as well...

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Storm Boy

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
From Geoff's Johns interview on CBR

"“When Superman was growing up, he had no friends and finally he got some friends that he could relate too. That’s the coolest thing about the original Legion. But once our Legion arc run is up, it’s not the end of the Legion,” said Johns.

“The entire purpose of this arc is really to introduce the Legion to someone who has never heard of it. And show why they are so important to Superman. That’s why this Legion story works because of their connection to Superman and Superman’s connection to them. There is a really special connection that makes Superman, Superman. He wasn’t Bruce Wayne when he was a kid. Even though he was an outsider, he had friends, friends who were beyond anything that he ever could have imagined. They were just like him. They were aliens, who looked like him, who came to Earth."

So more Legion, eh? [Smile]

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, that alternate cover art looks totally Kirby-esque!
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pariscub:

"“When Superman was growing up, he had no friends and finally he got some friends that he could relate too. That’s the coolest thing about the original Legion. But once our Legion arc run is up, it’s not the end of the Legion,” said Johns.

“The entire purpose of this arc is really to introduce the Legion to someone who has never heard of it. And show why they are so important to Superman. That’s why this Legion story works because of their connection to Superman and Superman’s connection to them. There is a really special connection that makes Superman, Superman. He wasn’t Bruce Wayne when he was a kid. Even though he was an outsider, he had friends, friends who were beyond anything that he ever could have imagined. They were just like him. They were aliens, who looked like him, who came to Earth."

Oh, so that's not the end of the Legion? Gee, maybe DC can start up a regular series for the Legion. Maybe they could bring back Jim Shooter to write it--I wonder what he's doing these days? Or, if they want to be really ambitious, they could give the Legion their own TV show, and put out a comic based on the TV show! Wow, I'm so glad Geoff Johns has finally started writing Legion comics again, after all those years with none at all.

I kid. A little.

Actually, the veiled and vaguely-hinted-at assumption in that article that there have been no Legion comics published since about '86 is not the thing that annoyed me about that interview. The thing that annoyed me? It's 'Brainiac', not 'Braniac'. Because he has brains, not cereal.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:
It's 'Brainiac', not 'Braniac'. Because he has brains, not cereal.

Gosh, it's a good thing we had Braniac here! Without his powers of Super-Regularity, we might have been trapped in this Space-Bathroom all night!
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
And now, try our new Braniac 5! It contains as much fiber as one million bowls of Super Colon Blow!

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
Those variants are really great. Though... is this really Giffens art? Has he changed his style of drawing YET AGAIN? Where have the winderfully chunky faces gone to?
From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
looks like Al Milgrom is inking the Giffen cover? Very interesting. My recollections of Milgrom are that he always worked in a thick-lined, cartoony style. Not a bad thing, necessarily. Looks like Keith and/or Al is trying to channel his inner Kirby and Cooke.

Funny, when I first saw the unmagnified preview of this cover, I thought it was by Byrne, and I got all indignant: how dare they let Byrne do a Legion nostalgia cover. Funny that it was Giffen actually Giffen.

I imagine the editorials powers might have preferred a more "classic" Legion Giffen cover, but this one really is quite awesome. The use of the bad guys as the foreground framing mixed in with high tech, high-relief detritus is pure Kirby/Cooke goodness.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Is that Giffen cover a homage to another cover from somewhere? Maybe that early v.5 Venado Bay cover or something? I swear it looks totally familiar.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:
quote:
Originally posted by Pariscub:

Oh, so that's not the end of the Legion? Gee, maybe DC can start up a regular series for the Legion. Maybe they could bring back Jim Shooter to write it--I wonder what he's doing these days? Or, if they want to be really ambitious, they could give the Legion their own TV show, and put out a comic based on the TV show! Wow, I'm so glad Geoff Johns has finally started writing Legion comics again, after all those years with none at all.

I kid. A little.

Actually, the veiled and vaguely-hinted-at assumption in that article that there have been no Legion comics published since about '86 is not the thing that annoyed me about that interview. The thing that annoyed me? It's 'Brainiac', not 'Braniac'. Because he has brains, not cereal.

My, someone got out on the wrong side of the bed this morning [Smile]

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  ...  68  69  70   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.