Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Make fun of the lame Legion-related stuff (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Make fun of the lame Legion-related stuff
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Cleome wrote:

"Personally my favorite poster over there was the guy who'd apparently never heard of "minimizers" for women or sports bras."

Well, color me redux 'cause i have never heard of "minimizers" either.

I have heard of "tuck and tape", but not minimizers. Same thing?

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
More or less. Think of it as sports bra w/more wire and infrastructure. A woman who's built like Dolly Parton and wants at least a chance that the interviewer at the investment office will concentrate on her face would probably call it "essential."

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Wonder Lad:
thank you, cleome for that link. that was fun [Smile]

Me too. Great art and a funny thread.

Funny? Lex Luthor as a Legion villian. That's just bassackwards weird.

It IS traditional though, even the 'toon Legion took on a Luthor. Now that I've thought of it, it surprises me that Mark Waid didn't resurrect old Baldie like DnA did with Ras al Gul. He's a big fan y'know.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
this gem

:laugh:

I think that was the beginning of Brainy's "boy crush" on Superboy.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Ah, but Cleome, everyone knows that the best support structure for women is the torpedo bra's from the fifties.

Attractive, supportive, and capable of putting a man's eyes out.

[Wink]

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
In the immortal words of Crow T. Robot: You do it. I'm bitter. [Big Grin]

Also, y'know, the more I think back, the more I remember my extremely hopeless forays into team sports and how much getting clobbered in the chest with hockey sticks (et al) HURT. The more I think about it, the more I think that no heroine anywhere EVER should step out of the house without minimizing body armor from at least Adam's apple to right above the ankle.

[shudder]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
this gem

:laugh:

I think that was the beginning of Brainy's "boy crush" on Superboy.

[LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

Well, I prefer to call it a "boy crush," but kajillions of other fangirls... [ahem]

--------------------

rickshaw1
Leader

Cleome, i am 41, and in the last two weeks have seriously considered a codpiece. I have a three year old that is at the perfect height to digitally impact .... certain areas that are sensitive. And he does it frequently. As well, i have two dogs clocking in at around 50 lbs that greet me with paw punches.

Well i understand the need for protection. I would say it not indemnic to females alone.

--------------------

Something pithy!

cleome46

No argument there.

mr_cleome's cat loves to rocket off the headboard in the small hours of the morning with all her claws out. I keep telling him to wear protection to bed. He'll be sorry someday for not listening to me. [Eek!] [Eek!]

Yesterday I was watching JLU on disc, and there was some Mike Grell barbarian guy whose name escapes me running around in nothing but half a squirrel pelt and a helmet with wings. Well, maybe the armor was supposed to be concealed by the pelt. Nobody ever thinks to explain these things to me. :/

[ January 17, 2009, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: cleome ]

--------------------

rickshaw1
Leader

That would be Travis Morgan, Warlord of Skartaris. To be honest, while i love Grell's work, especially on legion, i always thought that was a rip off of John Carter, Warlord of Mars. A very well done rip, mind you.

Its a tale of the land of Barbarians. They're not so much into armour. Reminds me of when i was a kid in winter. You had this huge, clunky old coat that was heavy as heck, but you only needed it a few minutes in the day while in school. Who wants to tote something like that around all day? So, I decided not to wear it, and just suffer through the fifteen minutes or so before school.

Trade-offs, my dear. Life is nothing but a series of trade-offs.

--------------------

Something pithy!

cleome46

Personally, I like to think that by 3100, they'd have invented body armor that wouldn't weigh a ton and that wouldn't make you roast alive even when it was balmy outside. In my mind, I already assume that most superheroes have some kind of special weave to uniform cloth that prevents them from getting covered in bruises every time somebody throws them against the wall (or drops the wall on them). Did any superhero apart from very early Spiderman ever acknowledge the concept that if somebody throws you against the wall and you are not Kryptonian (or otherwise invulnerable) you will get bruised ?

I have no life. :/

--------------------

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I like to pretend that Legion uniforms like Phantom Girls, that have big holes in them, actually have transparent cloth elements over those 'holes.' What's the point of Carmine's actionwear giving them impact-resistant energy-reflective costumes if Shadow Lass's costume covers only 14% of her body, anyway? That's gonna be one hell of a 'blaster tan,' Shady!
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Ohhhh, shady with Goth Tan Lines....kinky.

[Wink]

But then, she always did seem the more outgoing of the two between her and Mon.

--------------------

Something pithy!

cleome46

It's funny that Mon's the invulnerable one and he wears the most clothing. [Razz]

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Invulnerable and modest. What a combination!

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.