Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LSH 43 ~~~~~SPOILERS (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: LSH 43 ~~~~~SPOILERS
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Sir Tim Drake for assisting a directionally-challenged reader. [Smile]

Dreamer=Dream Girl? Maaaybee. Some potential spoilers from artist Rick Leondardi, who’s doing two issues with Shooter later in the year.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=16651

While Leondardi has been drawing a number of issues for Superman editor Matt Idelson, his next issues will be for DC editor Mike Marts with a two-part tale for Jim Shooter’s Legion of Super-Heroes

Leonardi had pages of both on hand, noting of Shooter, “He’s also the guy that hired me way back in the early 80s. It’s a real hoot to finally see a Shooter plot in the flesh.

Click Here For A SpoilerYou notice that Dream Girl appears [on my opening splash], and I may have clipped off a few of her toes, but that’s as cropping as much as Shooter would ever tolerate.

He taught me so much, and at the time I thought it was rigid and pedantic, but it turns out that there’s actually a very good reason for a lot of these rules.”

On the larger story plot, I dunno, but I'm "watching" it as if it were a 1930s Frank Capra movie.

Lightning Lad = Jimmy Stewart in "Mr Smith Goes to Washington."
Popoff = Claude Rains.
United Planets = The corrupt U.S. Congress during the Great Depression, between WW I (Dominator War) and WW II (Hitler/One Evil).
Saturn Girl = Jean Arthur or Barbara Stanwyck.
The Legion = The Boy Rangers

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

I forgot to say, I suspect the mystery people in the time bubble are Booster Gold and friends trying to "fix" the timeline of the future.
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder if Gisselle looks different each time we see her because her metabolism adapts to each envioroment - cold and dark on Triton so white skin with prominent veins and big eyes, warmer and lighter on Earth/Rimbor so more skin colour and smaller eyes?

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
I still like Shooters run. Having read the newest issue, I just have to say that it was good - especially cause Shooter makes me care for these Legionnaires (something Waid never accomplished).

Yes, the world looks dark for the Legion, they want to arrest them, they hunt them down, they overwhelm them... but the Legionnaires still are standing tall. You hate seeing them in this mess, but you also love seeing them in this mess (looking forward to see how they are going to get out of it...)

Shooter really makes me care. So his writing must be good!

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askanipsion
Telepath

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askanipsion   Author's Homepage   Email Askanipsion         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:

Dreamer=Dream Girl? Maaaybee. Some potential spoilers from artist Rick Leondardi, who’s doing two issues with Shooter later in the year.

WOOT!!!! I am totally excited about this! I looked over that page the first time and missed that part completely.

Thanks Tromium for pointing that out!!

It is my birthday tomorrow so that is a nice early B-day present that Dream Girl has been mentioned!
[Gasp]

From: South Florida | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Askanipsion:
quote:

WOOT!!!! I am totally excited about this! I looked over that page the first time and missed that part completely.

Thanks Tromium for pointing that out!!

It is my birthday tomorrow so that is a nice early B-day present that Dream Girl has been mentioned!
[Gasp]

And I've always loved Rick Leonardi's art. His work on Spiderman 2099 was amazing. He will be great on LSH!
From: Brasil | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PenaltyKillah
Out of Continuity!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PenaltyKillah   Author's Homepage   Email PenaltyKillah         Edit/Delete Post     
The very same Leonardi which drew one of the best General Grievous ever? That's just what the LSH series needs. Can't wait.

Still waiting for Shooter to do his first big Legion team-up in 40 years. It was always a treat with the array of powers, tactics and youth recklessness...

--------------------
"For some reason I can't explain or understand, and probably never will... EVERYTHING comes from SUPERMAN." - Alexander Luthor, Jr.

Unfortunately, the Legion is no exception.

From: Canadia | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
veryvery
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for veryvery   Author's Homepage   Email veryvery         Edit/Delete Post     
ahhhhhhhh! nooo ;__; my only dream in this life was for francis to draw dream girl!! that was all i wanted and it'll be a guest artist?! nooo ;__; i mean that other guy might be good but i was totally looking forward to a manapul Dream girl *suicide*

--------------------
http://www.adrianaferguson.com
http://joteivv.deviantart.com
http://superfuturefriends.blogspot.com

From: Seattle | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Who's to say he won't draw her after the two-parter?
PenaltyKillah
Out of Continuity!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PenaltyKillah   Author's Homepage   Email PenaltyKillah         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

Btw, the "Dreamer" on the list could be a Dreamer of either gender. Or it could just be Rol Purtha (sic?), with Nura nagging him 24/7. Heh.

--------------------
"For some reason I can't explain or understand, and probably never will... EVERYTHING comes from SUPERMAN." - Alexander Luthor, Jr.

From: Canadia | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I enjoyed the issue. Cekada's got a potentially valid point about subplots vs. story, although there are fewer "stories" perceptible in comics within single issues, these days. My experience is it only makes sense in the trade. On balance I enjoyed the additional layers of Jo's legal problems, the space pirates, the mysterious time bubble and the shutdown of the Legion. I still have some faith Shooter knows where he is going with this and it will resolve in the end. I agree with the complaint about Giselle's appearance. I would never have recognized her here without the dialogue. However, the biggest challenge to enjoying this comic is the horrible meta-mess DC and Johns have created with the Legion. Every time I think about learning more about this Element Lad or Ultra Boy, the voice in my head says "it doesn't matter, Superboy Prime's gonna rip 'em to shreds in a few weeks." Frankly, that infuriates me, and I blame Johns and DiDio for it.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PenaltyKillah
Out of Continuity!

What do you call comics that do not have shocking hero genocides?

Regular ongoing issues. A bulk of Legion story arcs were better in plot and quality than its miniseries.

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
After being lukewarm on Shooter, I really enjoyed the last two issues.
I guess before that I was afraid he had Waid's Syndrome, going on and on with no conclusion except an anticlimax, but it seems the story is finally moving.

But if it peters out like Waid's finales, I have no problem dropping the book at this point.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I still haven't read this yet. I managed to flip through it, but I find myself uninterested.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PenaltyKillah
Out of Continuity!

Yes, especially when Shooter's got the Legion doing the same thing for months now. LL struggles on a leadership role and gives the middle finger to the authorities, B5's still a jerk, and either a third or a half of the team's actually providing the series action with their field missions. A very ardent perspective, but I don't quite remember a 7+ issue long arc that doesn't progress the Legion ahead with some full team action. Unless it really takes 7 issues for Shooter to add depth to the characters and spruce things up, I concur.

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.