Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Legion July 2007 Solicitations and Images...SPOILERS! (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Legion July 2007 Solicitations and Images...SPOILERS!
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Re: BB #5 cover...

Dream Girl's alive and well. But, no Cosmic Boy, Projectra, Timber Wolf, or Sun Boy. Wonder what that means...?

And no Mon-el, Dream Boy, or Theena. With Dream Girl back and Batman sporting one I suppose flight rings are in short supply.

[Superboy - Kon-El]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wndola1
Ex-Female Fury

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wndola1   Author's Homepage   Email wndola1         Edit/Delete Post     
I was just thinking how much this cover reminded me of Negation with the big blond uber powerful girl, the super smart guy with a big gun, lots of post apocalyptic outer space and of course the claws sent it over the top. If you remember Negation was another shared Mark Waid/Tony Bedard project
 -

So I amthinking this cover is more of an Homage than a plot reveal but I could be wrong. Didn't Bedard say he wasn't going to focus on Brainy?

[ April 17, 2007, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: wndola1 ]

--------------------
http://twitter.com/wndola
http://www.diversionarium.com
http://wndola.livejournal.com

From: New England | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, I kept saying how I wanted Perez to draw the Legion. I hate that BoB cover! I think he tried to hard to make it look like Kitson's Legion. Rather have him do his own take...and by that I mean not have them look short and 13 years old. [Smile]
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
And I actually like the Legion cover. The issue description sounds cool.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Another thumbs up for Calero's S/LSH cover. A space-quest sounds like a really neat premise, too. I guess that makes Cosmic Boy the Legion's Holy Grail.

The kindest thing I can say about the B&B cover is that it's a boring and awkward composition compared to Barry's dynamic group portraits. I wonder if they'll actually travel to the 21st century, or they're just a page in the Book of Destiny.

I'm not concerned about Timber Wolf and Sun Boy since Bedard mentioned he was going to use them. If it's Mon-El choice to stay with Mekt and the Wanderers, I hope they're active in Bedard's arc as well.

I suspect Dream Boy's absence (death?) figures into the return of Dream Girl.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
And is that a big honkin' *gun* he's holding behind Superthang, or he just happy to see her?

Nope, it's a proctology scope, which is why Kara looks perturbed. And Brainy's eye is missing because she blasted it out with a super fart.

I really hope Saturn Girl's not the next leader. She'll just use those super medallions to steal everybody's powers again. How old hat is that?

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Call me unimpressed with both covers. I'm not sure which is the more disappointing: the fact that we go from Barry's tight, sharp linework to this over-colored piece of trendiness or the slapdash facial anatomy of Perez's work. He used to be amazing at rendering faces, but this is unbearable!
From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
I admit that Perez's cover is disappointing, but the bright side is Dream Girl's on it! Yay!

I like the other cover and I know Supegirl's been over-featured on the covers, but she's been pretty under featured in the book lately. Check out last issue. Her face is huge on the cover and she's the only Legionnaire on it, but inside she's got what? 3 panels?

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
Perez's cover: I didn't think it was so bad.
1) "The Super Bozos - of Space!" got everyone's attention.
2) There will probably be a big ole bar code slapped over most of it when published.
PS - Judging from the page quality of the previous B&B issues, Mr Perez has been working real hard - let's cut him some slack.

LoSH Cover: I really like the sci-fi feel to it.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haggard Lad
S'up?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haggard Lad   Email Haggard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I actually like the B&B cover. That books has been really fun so far. I like that the Fatal Five are not going to be the only Legion-related part of this story.

--------------------
The Secret Origin of Haggard Lad!

Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
George Perez is actually very excited to be able to feature the Legion in B&B, so I seriously doubt that they will simply be a page in the Book of Destiny.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
Re: Legion #32 cover

It just occurred to me why Cham is wearing a helmet;
he is wearing the official Legion Leader head bowl, a la early Cosmic Boy.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Igee The Mighty
Legion Lover

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Igee The Mighty   Author's Homepage   Email Igee The Mighty         Edit/Delete Post     
SLOSH Cover

I love it! It's no Kitson & perhaps not detail-perfect but that doesn't mean it's bad at all. It reminds me to an extent of Jason Pearson & Stuart Immonen. I havent't seen the interiors but Calero's artwork seems to be promising!

I like the fact that colorists today step up to fill in some of the details in finished artwork. Guess technology plays a big role in that. This isn't a coloring book so I believe that not every line needs to be there.

B&B Cover

Yikes! In no way is that Perez goodness! It's either Perez or (my personal theory) the inker, because that's just really painful to look at.

On what the cover hints at, wow, Batman with a flight ring! That make for some interesting reading.

--------------------
Igee The Mighty!

From: Manila, The Philippines | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Put me in the "likes it" camp for the S/LSH cover. It's got a flair I really like.

The B&tB cover isn't bad, but it isn't spectacular either. All in all, I'd rather be seeing Perez drawing the preboot LSH.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duck458
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duck458   Email duck458         Edit/Delete Post     
Like the LSH cover but can't figure out:

Where is the end of that contraption in Brainy's right hand?

What happened to Brainy's left eye?

What's going on under Supergirl's left armpit?

--------------------
So what.

From: Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.