Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » The Official Legion Showcase Thread (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The Official Legion Showcase Thread
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by PolarBoy:
whoe's poverty lad?

An urban myth rumored to fight crime here on Legion World!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete Ross
Honorary Member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete Ross   Email Pete Ross         Edit/Delete Post     
Someone on the DC Archives Message Board has determined that it must be a typo in the solicitation, as the page counts just don't work out. They recalculated based on stopping at Adventure Comics #321 (instead of #328), and that seems to match the page count. See the post dated 12/12/06 4:29 pm in that thread.
Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glen Cadigan
Semi-Pro

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glen Cadigan   Email Glen Cadigan         Edit/Delete Post     
Son of a gun! And it's the real Adv. 247 cover, too, not the poorly restored version that's been kicking around since 1980.

--------------------
Follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/#!/GlenCadigan

or check out my website at http://www.glencadigan.com

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Alright, DCBS has updated for these solicits and the Legion Showcase gets the 50% discount (if more than one is scheduled only one gets the 50% while the others get 40% off). That's only $8.49. At that price I'm ordering two so I have one to give away as a gift, probably to a non-Legion fan in an attempt to hook them.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
Is anyone else psyched for this?

It's supposed to come out next week and I can't wait, I told my LCS to hold one for me and he said it was good that I reminded him becuase his other copies have already been spoken for.

I'm just so excited, I have some early Legion stories in reprints, but I don't have 500 pages worth [Big Grin]

I hope they do a better job with this than the Shazam! Showcase (there were a few issues where we only saw the cover, not the interior stories and only some of the tales from the 100 pg giants were printed). However, I don't think that will be the case with Legion since they will obviously do more than one volume...

Sorry, I just really can't wait till Wednesday when I get some Silver Age Legion goodness (hey, I can't afford Archives so how else will I get these stories?)

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The Shazam series from the 70s reprinted some of the old Fawcett material, didn't it? Was that the stuff left out of the Showcase?

Some of the covers might not be reproduced. As the LSH was not featured on some of the Adventure/Action/Superboy covers.

Saturn Girl in the silver age was modern in a way that many women still strive for and fail to achieve today. Truly ahead of her time.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't wait to get my Legion coloring book! [Wink]

Seriously, I'm really looking forward to this. It'll give me an opportunity to reread some Silver Age stories which I haven't enjoyed in a while without having to dig them out of my boxes.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TimCallahan
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TimCallahan   Author's Homepage   Email TimCallahan         Edit/Delete Post     
I REALLY dislike the idea of reading the Legion in black and white. The colors are so important in this series. I'll stick with the pretty archives.
Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I've grown to adore the B&W SHOWCASE format (though I still hold out for color TPBs of some stuff, like the recent TPBs for the 70s run of Justice Society).

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
hey, if they reprinted Legion in softcovers, I would buy it. But I simply can't afford archives so I'm just happy to be getting the stories.

Although I would think that GL would be a comic where color is more essential to the story and I picked up the first volumn of that one (of course I've also been real tempted to go through it with a green and yellow color pencil)

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brigort
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brigort   Email brigort         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't like my comics in B&W, but I did order this.
The archives are just too pricey.
I'm only missing the first twenty appearances anyway, and I don't expect to own the original books anytime soon, so the purchase seems worthwhile.
Now, if they were to release an oversized "Omnibus" type book..I'd be all over that.

From: PEI, Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm getting this. I'd prefer it in colour (and in fact was given the first Archive as a gift), but it's just Silver Age stuff, which isn't my favourite. I've ordered Archives 10-12, so I'll have Cockrum and Grell in colour, but I'm satisfied with black and white for everything before that.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wndola1
Ex-Female Fury

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wndola1   Author's Homepage   Email wndola1         Edit/Delete Post     
See you can't read the expensive archives while eating pizza in bed with wet hair... Archives are for bookshelves and easy chairs quarter bin comics and showcases are for reading the heck out of.

--------------------
http://twitter.com/wndola
http://www.diversionarium.com
http://wndola.livejournal.com

From: New England | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
I got the Archives, but I think the Marvel Essential series is a good idea and it is long overdue that DC followed suit.

I got the black and white Avengers which are real monsters (especially ##4 & 5) and it took me some time (YEARS!!!) til I finally got to read them after buying, but now I am really glad I did buy them back then because I read ##1-4 and know what happened in the first 100 issues, and that's a whole lot for not so much money.

Certainly it is not the same as a coloured reprint, but when you don't want to spent so much money on a certain franchise, it is a really good way to jump on board.

I did not even know there was a Legion showcase coming - must hav ignored that info in Previews...

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TimCallahan
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TimCallahan   Author's Homepage   Email TimCallahan         Edit/Delete Post     
You know what? I don't think the Archives are all that pricey. You get basically 10 issues worth of content for usually about $33.00 (on Amazon or elsewhere). $3.30 an issue. You're paying $3.00 an issue for new comics these days. But for your $3.30 and issue you get a nice hardcover.

So it's not really that pricey.

Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.