Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LEGION #26 thoughts! (SPOILERS) (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: LEGION #26 thoughts! (SPOILERS)
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Too bad we didn't get to see any of his romance with Val this issue, though! [love]

Just checking - where is this coming from? Ferro, quite literally, has no family or friends or anywhere to go outside the Legion. Just because he accepted Val's challenge/retort to his sarcastic remark to try and "find himself" (in true "New Age" fashion) doesn't mean there's any sort of "romance" at all. He didn't exactly have anywhere else to go after the team was disbanded anyway.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Too bad we didn't get to see any of his romance with Val this issue, though! [love]

Just checking - where is this coming from?
I take it to be wishful thinking from a fanbase that probably feels underrepresented in the medium.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
(And though it hasn't been proven to be the case yet, it certainly hasn't been disproven either!)

Maybe we'll get to see more of the Val/Andy romance next issue if Val will STOP letting Clone-El borrow his clothes! Andy's gonna get his feelings hurt if this continues!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
The connection with Ferro's established fashion design hobby in this issue just hit me as well! That's pretty cool... I bet he's a big hit with the Athramites.

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
The connection with Ferro's established fashion design hobby in this issue just hit me as well! That's pretty cool... I bet he's a big hit with the Athramites.

I doubt it - they're probably more annoyed at his interference than anything else.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
And let's face it-- Andy's not that original... his outfit for Superboy looks SO familiar...!

I bet Andy designed that hideous t-shirt Val loaned to Clone-El! Val's hoping it gets ruined in a battle, I bet, so he'll be off the hook!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
What I liked:

Darksied's apperance. Who's been taking pot shots at him, I wonder?
The friction between Cos and Kon-el. (I havn't seen enough of the clone to be irritated by him, yet.)
Vi speaks!!! I wasn't sure she still could. It's not enough, but it's a start.
Kid Q's power problems.
Lyle and Brainy finishing each other's sentences. How cute.
The athramites are back! I really get a kick out of the little guys.
Nice to see Ferro's still into fashion.
Shikari's not in this issue. I was really getting anoyed by how much panel time she gets.

What I'm undecided on:
Jarth.
"I just don't get these..." I just don't get why Brainy's talking like that, but DnA have had a good handle on him from the start, so I'll write it off as a typo.
I know Cos and Jaz have had five weeks to get romantic, but it doesn't seem that long to me. I would have liked to have seen it develop more.

What I didn't like:
Vi's swearing again. It sort of makes sense in a fight, but we really need to see more of her character.
No Gates. [Frown]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I did get a bit stuck on the detail inconsistencies in the art. They should just ALL have transuit armbands showing! I like how we Legion fans try to explain creator mistakes, with in-story logic.

The cover art had some mistakes. Cos should have fingerless gloves on. A couple of his fingernails were actually colored black. (It was the background showing through.) Why were Cos' utility belt packs brown and not grey? Superboy was in the Superman costume, but shouldn't have been, in that scene. Why was Cos spitting and Superboy bleeding? So weird. Ferro should have been colored all silver/grey. I'd have expected TnT to do a kewl effect to show his metallic state. Jeka's arm around the servant's neck wasn't colored right. Was TnT given too short a deadline? Sometimes there is no in-story explanation for these things, simply creator errors.

Batista is doing a great job overall, though. I note that Jeka's hair seems to be thinning. I wonder if this is intentional?

I noticed the lack of interaction between Jo and Tinya.

I was annoyed by Violet doing NOTHING!

I think Imra is being VERY nice to Garth. He is in a very awkward position, right now. I'm SURE something dramatic is going to happen...

Love that Jaz has these weird time blips! Can't wait to see what it is.

Brainy and Lyle are great together. I'm glad to see Lyle do anything at this point.

Jaz and Coz as a couple is nice, to me.

Nura's "there is no future" scene is classic, over the top, dramatic Dream Girl for ya! LLL!

Kon's "Talk to the Hand" shirt cracks me up. Out of all the shirts in all the universe, this is the one he gets. I like Lash's jokes about it.

LOVE the shot of Superboy in the Superman outfit!

This story arc makes being a Legion fan fun. Lots of stuff for us to play with.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Alright, I don't think anyone said this yet, but I think we've all missed something very important: THE TIME TRAPPER IS IN THIS ISSUE.

Check out the page where Jaz, Cos, Brainy, Imra, Lu and Lyle are all sitting around. There is a panel where KQ stops talking and Lu says "Uh...Kid?". In the backround of the very next panel, you can see the Time Trapper standing there looking at the Legionnaires. If you look at the previous two panels (where everyone is exactly in the same spot), he's not there, and now suddenly shows up during the time-blip. It's definately him, just look, hood and everything.

So maybe it's the Time Trapper that is the main villian of this whole arc! Who knows, but I'm positive he's in this issue!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Oh, I really like the way Cos is getting all the spotlight on him all of a sudden! Especially the romance with Jazmin.

But... could this be because DnA have a Time Trapper story planned that he is a major part of? Since he was the Time Trapper in a previous continuity, and Jaz has time powers, could the coupling of these two be something DnA are doing on purpose to affect the Trapper.

With Kon, Clark (?) and the Cub all experiencing time-annonamlies (sp?), this is starting to get interesting...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Alright, I don't think anyone said this yet, but I think we've all missed something very important: THE TIME TRAPPER IS IN THIS ISSUE.

Check out the page where Jaz, Cos, Brainy, Imra, Lu and Lyle are all sitting around. There is a panel where KQ stops talking and Lu says "Uh...Kid?". In the backround of the very next panel, you can see the Time Trapper standing there looking at the Legionnaires. If you look at the previous two panels (where everyone is exactly in the same spot), he's not there, and now suddenly shows up during the time-blip. It's definately him, just look, hood and everything.

So maybe it's the Time Trapper that is the main villian of this whole arc! Who knows, but I'm positive he's in this issue!

Pushing things a bit for a faded-out character in the background with a hood (not a robe, a hood - notice the chest circle) - it may just be a Durlan or somesuch.

But, since you made me get the issue out to have a look at it, I noticed another odd thing on the same page - why did Triad look at Dreamer to say "uhhh... Kid?" (Nura looks back @ Lu too). It just seems odd - if you were trying to get someone's attention, would you look @ someone else while you were doing it?

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

It is a pretty odd sequence, isn't it? There is definately a few things going on here.

However, the pencillers specifically draw everything into the backround for a purpose (at least according to Neil Gaimain and Alan Moore, I guess), so I wonder why they'd draw a hooded figure into that panel when there is apparently some kind of time thing going on in the story and with Jaz's ambigious time powers. I have a feeling that the hooded guy is in there for a reason, even if its for me to get everyone to have to dig out their latest issue [Wink] !

I just have the feeling that there is more going on than just Darkseid and the Superboy stories. Hopefully it's not just wishful thinking...

Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

I dunno, Cobie... I thought that was just some random background person who had moved into the panel during the time KQ was "spacing out" -- I'm assuming there was a period of a couple of seconds where everyone else was going about their business and moving around, while KQ was just standing there with her mouth open.

If it is the Time Trapper, what's that weird circle on his/her chest?

EDITED TO ADD: Sorry, I read SoM's post only after I'd posted this! [Embarrassed]

[ November 16, 2003, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: STU ]

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I noticed the change in background characters and found it odd myself, but I don't think there's sufficient evidence to assert that this is The Time Trapper.

However, I wouldn't at all be surprised if the Hooded One shows up before the end of the storyline. Here's a possible connection: The Blight supposedly made a deal with Entropy (aka The Time Trapper), the Blight used Stargates to travel, Darkseid's servants are currently investigating stargates for some unknown reason, the catastrophists want to revive Darkseid in order to cause some great catastrophe (and what catastrophe would be bigger than the End of Time?). A stretch, maybe, but we'll see...

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scottybones
Passive

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scottybones   Author's Homepage   Email Scottybones         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey
<cough>
i have that same T-shirt.
Hmmm..And the same haircut...maybe i have issues.
And where are y'all getting the super cool icons...i want one...I want to look ah hot as MLLASH

Bones

From: new jersey | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.