Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Dream Crime 5 - LOTS OF SPOILERS (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Dream Crime 5 - LOTS OF SPOILERS
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
That's true. I remember liking her more after that. [Smile]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mongmong
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mongmong   Email mongmong         Edit/Delete Post     
have been reading the boards though new to commenting.

i thought sensor's attitude was plausible as she was in pain or straining to power the crystals that would deter universo's mind control. plus she's still adjusting to her new self. at work, i deal with a lot of good natured people who turn cranky when they are too stressed or pressured.

i enjoy the subtleties of dan and andy's set-ups [teaming up sensor, ferro and val for instance], a nod to the past so long time readers get their wink or value-added in the course of the story [albeit this arc rambled an issue and a half too long. but perhaps it was to allow chris batista's art to shine. he appears to have a cinematographer's eye in mounting his panels.]

From: philippines | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I have no problem with Sensor's attitude. I think it's perfectly resonable under the circumstances. What I do have a problem with is her new speech patterns. Speech patterns developed over a lifetime do not disapear just because your in a bad mood.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Agreed - it seems to me that far more than Sensor's body was changed. I miss her regal, slightly imperious nature. Now she's just another sprock & grife-dropping smart-mouth. [Frown]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Greybird:
The Cub becomes, literally, a deus ex machina. A god of telepathy bursting out of the machine.

I wish that this weren't so, but wishing gets us nowhere: The boys aren't showing much imagination any more in story construction. This was profoundly flat and unsatisfying.

I wasn't bothered by the Cub scene, but I'm not sure if anyone else here interpreted it in quite the same way I did:

1. Kid Q's bubble collapses, exposing Cub to Universo's telepathic probes (which Universo is not devoting much of his attention to at that moment).

2. Cub (instictively?) recognizes Telepathy as a power that he can duplicate, and does so. But in his case, it's Ultra-Telepathy, which makes him powerful enough to briefly usurp control of Universo's group mind despite Universo's greater experience.

This does not require Cub to be a reincarnated Highfather, or indeed anything more exotic [Smile] than an Ultra-powered baby; who, with no preconceived notions of limitations on his use of his Ultra-energy, is doing things that his dad probably never thought of trying (perhaps Cub will turn out to be the reboot's answer to Duplicate Boy!).

If that's the interpretation that DnA had in mind, perhaps they didn't communicate it effecively enough?

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.