Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Imra Ardeen is a SHAMELESS HUSSY (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Imra Ardeen is a SHAMELESS HUSSY
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Imra is not a shameless hussy!

And I'm not sucking up to TPTB on this board either. Garth has always been my favorite Legionnaire for three reasons:
1. Lightning is a really cool power!
2. Things don't always go his way
3. Hot blonde wife in pink bikini and disco boots. I'm sorry... <PC>His beatiful, capable, intelligent wife!</PC>

She is a strong female character, who is sometimes poorly written by men who are either afraid of a strong capable woman, or don't understand them. There's a reason most female comic book characters, heroes or villains are in bathing suits, and it ain't always their choice of fashion people. Think "geeky artist who can't get a date" (my apologies to the geeky artists who can get dates). [Wink]

As someone else said earlier, she went from Ice Maiden to Shameless Hussy. There's no in between?

That was always my biggest frustration with the Lois and Clark TV series, and why I couldn't watch it even when I tried. They couldn't portray Lois as a capable woman with intelligence and beauty. She was fluctuating between helpless victim and headstrong idiot. And a woman produced the show for crying out loud!! But I digress...

Anyway, lay off on the Imra bashing. She's had a rough year. [Saturn Girl]

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] Amen!
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
More hussy threads, NOW!

lil'rhino

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
hee hee. My favorite topic. [Smile]
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
dictionary.com defines HUSSY as 1.A brazen woman, 2.A saucy girl.

lil'rhino

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by lil'rhino:
dictionary.com defines HUSSY as 1.A brazen woman, 2.A saucy girl.

lil'rhino

if so, then there's three possibilities:

1. puritanism. we as a society still feel the need to put down women who fit this definition.

2. obsolescence. even though no longer taboo, the word lingers on, just as lime is no longer used in stage 'limelighting.'

3. connotation. Feces and s--t may have the same definition, for instance, but carry different impacts. The definition may be accurate, but the use doesn't. You don't use s--t in a scientific paper, and you don't use the word feces in the 'hood.

In any case, we have to look at the double-standard:

How would we judge a guy doing similar things?

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
How would we judge a guy doing similar things?

If he had a steady girl who was loyal to him and loved him without question, I'd call him a shameless hussy, too. For example, Rokk was a shameless hussy that night he dated Sinde. [Smile]
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
*Gasp!*

Check out how popular Imra was in the early days, and how Uncle Mort blatantly tried to destroy her character!

quote:

Dear Editor: Of all the Legionnaire characters, I especially like Saturn Girl. I think her powers of thought-casting are the best since flying. I also think she's a cute chick. Keep up the good work.

Jeff Stonehill, San Jose, Calif.

(We don't think Saturn Girl will be so popular with you, and other readers, when you see what she does to her fellow Legion members in the next issue of ADVENTURE comics. -Ed.)

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
What issue is this from, Eryk? What dastardly deed is Mort talking about?

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
That was the infamous "bad brownie" issue where Irma was baking while guarding the HQ, as the boys were off on a mission too dangerous for a girl, and she accidentally added salt instead of sugar to the brownie batter because she was too busy scheming of a way to impersonate Supergirl and secretly steal her mer-man boyfriend Jerro, just to make Garth jealous and piss Kara off. Not one of the Legion's best moments, but it had a breakout scene for Element Lad when he later changes the salt in the brownies to a sweeter derivative of hashish. Was it Adventure #314B?

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Bad, BAD hussy! [LOL]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.