Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Lightning Saga Legion in Action! (Page 34)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Lightning Saga Legion in Action!
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
That's one cub there should be no penalty for clubbing... [No] [Evil]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! So you guys feel that way for Garridan and Graym too? [Eek!]
From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
No... just Cub... [Smash] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
Who is Cub???

I hazily remember there was a Reboot kid of Tinya, but that was in a time period when I was way beyond caring for the characters... one word: COCO :-P

But I always cared very deeply for Tinya and Jos relationship, it was some kind of fundament of the Legion (together with Imra/Garth and Cos/Lydda). It was made even more iconic with Tinyas tragic end.

They actually made me care for the Reboot once: When Tinya died AGAIN (which I felt was even more tragic because of the repetition) during White Triangle. But she got resurrected very quickly, so the effect was lost.

As for caring: I don't know how you feel about it, but I CARE very much for this Action kinda Preboot Legion. While I did never much care for the reboot and the fate of the Threeboot characters left me cold from the first moment on, I deeply feel with those captured Legionnaires and want them to get free. So no matter what the scientists say about this old/new incarnation: Geoff Johns managed to make me care with only a few issues... good job!

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Cub was Jo and Tinya's son in the reboot.

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh by the way, Booster Gold #5 that comes out tomorrow has some notes on a chalkboard in Rip Hunter's lab again, it says: "Lightning Saga(s) Strike Twice?"

Interesting. There's also a mention of Rip having some of Brainiac 5's computer tech from the 31st century in his lab.

Here's a link to the pages! It is for all the DC previews coming out tomorrow actually. [Smile]

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Thanks Craig. Booster Gold is getting pretty good!

Chemical King, I'm sure (well, I hope) we'll see the Action Legion on a more "permanent" base after the end of the Action arc. [Wink]

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
Ooooh, thanks Craig.

Actually it says "Lightning Saga(s) Strike Twice? 3000 + 8"

So I guess Brainy is gonna try to do something next year again with lightning rods?

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Looking at all the graphitti, I'm wondering if all those elements will play into Final Crisis. There are references to superman's death, "who is Supergirl working for?" and even "The Sun Devils will save us all!" (maybe it's time to dig out that series for eBay!)
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TimCallahan
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TimCallahan   Author's Homepage   Email TimCallahan         Edit/Delete Post     
Geoff Johns's interview over at Word Ballon has some interesting Legion-related comments.

Johns discusses how the Legion story in Action Comics won't answer any questions about Legion continuity (that will come later, he says), but this story is designed as a character piece, as a way to show how important the Legion is to Superman. He recommends readers leaving their Legion baggage at the door and looking at what this club means from Superman's perspective.

Johns does address the continuity question, vaguely, in the interview. He says that this incarnation of the Legion picks up from the Levitz Baxter run, but ignores the post-Crisis stuff and the 5 Year Gap. I think he's mentioned that elsewhere, but he confirms it in the podcast.

Listen to the whole interview here: http://cdn.libsyn.com/wordballoon/WBgeoffjohns111407.mp3

Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I just want to know what the freak happened to the Legion at the beginning of "Lightning Saga" and why they ended up where they did. The more I think about it, the more "LS" seemed like only half a story.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
It certainly is only haf a story - if even that much. As it is, we still have no idea why the Legionnaires went back to the 21st century. All we know is that something or somebody (was that face an image of what's in there, or a reflection of the Legionnaire looking at it?) is now contained in one of those lightning rods. We can speculate who or what it is (Barry Allen?) but there's no clue whatsoever as to why the Legionnaires needed it.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

I guess we'll know some time in 2008 in Legion of Three Worlds or Final Crisis or in whatever DC has planned for the 50th anniversary. [Smile]
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
So, Karate Kid and Luornu's third body have been brought back from the dead. I wonder if Lyle Norg, Chemical King and Ferro Lad have as well?

Notice that Cosmic Boy and Saturn Girl appear noticeably older than the other Lightning Saga characters (who were called 'kids' more than once by the 21st century heroes)? Maybe Lightning Lad's supposed to appear similarly haggard, but I didn't find it as noticeable.

Could it be that the former dead Legionnaires were brought back at the expense of the founders' personal time or life-force or something?

[ December 13, 2007, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: Mystery Lad ]

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Hmm, Dawnstar also looks older in Action than she did in Lightning Saga.
  This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  68  69  70   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.