Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Lightning Saga Legion in Action! (Page 33)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Lightning Saga Legion in Action!
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Uranus Lad, you are clearly the anti-Christ and therefore must die.

But seriously, folks, I find it hard to believe that with all the super doodads available to the Legion, they'd need to pilfer the Batcave to prove Krypton's existence. Why not just whip out your handy dandy pocket time viewer (from Ronco®) for instance? Still, the writers have come up with an interesting concept so I'll ride with it.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
I suppose the reason could be this: When an entire world is brainwashed and/or prejudiced to the point of creating gulags for extraterrestrials, nothing short of "absolute proof" or a "miracle" will do. Maybe that's why Brainiac 5 decided to call Superman himself, even though he knew Supes wouldn't have his powers under earth's red sun.
From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Agreed. If everything the Legion has done or said is assumed to be a lie, then the Legion needs to achieve an extraordinary level of proof to counter that perception. Sort of like trying to use logic and reason with today's zealots of various stripes, who have largely made up their minds already and automatically dismiss all the evidence their particular ideology has already decided is tainted.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
The founders thought finding a kryptonite ring will prove the existence of krypton.

I am sure some kind of carbon dating can tell the age of the rock versus if Element Lad just created it. But I agree it sounds far fetched that this rock will prove anything.

That is why Brainiac 5 is smarter than the average Legionaire. [Smile] He got Superman!

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, the ring thing also works on a symbolic level. In my review on Legion Abstract I figured it like this:
quote:
One other not-yet-fully-formed thought. It kind of seems like Johns is implying, deep down, that the Legion is not the Legion when it’s cut off from Superman. In this sense: Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl and Cosmic Boy may have been the Legion founders, but they have no access to Superman. They’re trying to get help from Batman’s symbols (a ring, specifically), and whatever Batman’s virtues are, he’s not Superman and he’s got nothing in particular to do with the Legion. And so they can be taken down by a bunch of drips whose only claim to fame is that they have Superman’s symbol on their arms. Still, it’s more than Garth, Imra and Rokk have, and the future-faux-JLEarth wins the fight.

On the other hand, Colossal Boy, Wildfire and Dawnstar are similarly on the run, but they have Superman with them and so they win their fight (last issue) and get a whole box of rings. Superman rings, sorta. They are the Legion.

I could also have said how the kryptonite ring is an anti-Superman ring, while the flight ring is associated even more explicitly with Superman by the way he's wearing it so prominently on that one cover.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I like that line of thinking, Matthew.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uranus Lad
substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Uranus Lad   Email Uranus Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Uranus Lad, you are clearly the anti-Christ and therefore must die.
Well, I don't know about the dying part, I suppose it is inevitable... Just don't make me angry. Don't you know what Uranus is like when it's angry?

As far as the E-Lad created ring goes, wouldn't the fact he could make kryptonie prove there was a Krypton? I mean, an "element" would have to have existed and he would have to know or be able to tune in on the atomic makeup of kryptonite to recreate it. Right? I dunno. It seems like they were kind of desperately grasping at straws anyway and it doesn't matter much now, they've been captured and Element Lad is as yet out of the picture. Yeah, Gulgags, fascist xenophobes, a red Sun... Tusker! (I suppsose it be too much to hope for Eyeful Ethel? Arm Fall Off Boy? Antenna Lad?) Crashing comets! I can't wait for the next issue!

--------------------
Is that a moon?

From: Portland, OR | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
So Action #859 finally reached my home as well. Oh and I loved it even more than the first issue. No matter what we have been discussing the last few months, the emotional element of this new/old Legion totally gets me. This is what feels like "my Legion", and the more of the old stuff keeps returning (talking about Mordru, seeing Blok and Focc, meeting the bad rejects...), the more it feels like this is what we lost year ago... it feels so great!

I really dig the kinda 5YL storyline as well. Okay, so I always loved 5YL, so it is no surprise. But this future feels like it can be saved (Earth has not exploded, the UP is still a major force, the Legionnaires eem to be mostly alive), and so there is the possibility of an ongoing book after the current storyline - I really hope so cause I care for these characters even if I have seen most of them in just one panel - they feel much more like "my Legion" than Reboot and Threeboot together, and I'm so excited to see how the story will continue.

One question to ask though: Don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but did anyone else get the feeling that the captured Phantom Girl looked... different? I mean, her breasts seem to be immense, and her tummy seems to be a little... plump, so CAN IT BE THAT... she has been pregnant??? Is there a tiny little Ultra Phantom Baby in this future???

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Actually I did notice that her hairstyle -which reminded me of 19th century curls - and cleavage made her look a little on the plump (and cute) side, not pregnant. But I wouldn't mind a little Tiny(a)-Jo! [Big Grin]
From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
I think it's nice that you guys are so enthusiastic about the return of Cub.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Well, the Reboot Legion (especially the DnA and post-DnA one) is my second most favorite Legion era all things considered.
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Catching up: just got the two Action issues as well the latest Green Lantern Corps with Legion reference.

Action

Eye don't like the art. Seriously, I understand an artist wanting a signature but I find it very distracting from the story and the rest of the art.

Story is good.

[ December 09, 2007, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: Blockade Boy ]

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:

Eye don't like the art. Seriously, I understand an artist wanting a signature but I find it very distracting from the story and the rest of the art.

Story is good.

I'm not sure what you mean. You didn't like the art in Action because....? [Confused]
kcekada
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kcekada   Email kcekada         Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't care for the cookie-cutter costumes in the reboot, but unless you're a Legion fan, you're bound to be confused when the Legion monthly, the toon, the JLA/JSA story and now Action all show different costumes. Heck, even the toon changed some costumes in season two...and the monthly is changing costumes also.

From a marketing standpoint, it makes good sense to not have so many different visuals of the Legion. As a Legion fan, it's not a big problem with me -- and I do like updated looks. That's what drew me to the Legion back in the day.

There are some good designs in all of the stories mentioned above, but there are quite a few clunkers as well.

I think DC needs to be a bit wiser in how they showcase the team. It doesn't have the fan base it once did.

Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:
I think it's nice that you guys are so enthusiastic about the return of Cub.

nooooooooooOOOOOOOOOoooooooo [Big Grin]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  68  69  70   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.