Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Make fun of the lame Legion-related stuff (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Make fun of the lame Legion-related stuff
Glindros
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glindros   Email Glindros         Edit/Delete Post     
<cough> Fortress Lad <cough>
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
[Fortress Lad]
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
He who, i'd say it was more of "Hey, if a fangirl wants to go around in very skimpy clothing...thanks, God!" [Wink]

Quite a few women's costumes are ridicules, along with quite a few of the mens. For one thing, how the hell would anyone fight in a costume that is so tight you can't hardly shrug, much less shift your shoulders to set your balance.

Then, there are the color schemes. Lets face it, some costumes will look stupid no matter who or what is wearing them.

Plus, if you look at it, apparantly, all costumed crimefighting males are eunach's. Ouch.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
On the topic of male costumes, I always liked Karate Kid's Cockrum-designed outfit except for one thing: that impractical, high collar. Why would a martial artist wear something that would obstruct his view? (I notice that the collar has been significantly smaller in recent versions.)

For a non-Legion related collar issue, see Yellowjacket.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:

Plus, if you look at it, apparently, all costumed crimefighting males are eunuchs. Ouch.

Am I mean enough ? [considers]

Yes. (Don't click at work. I've ruined enough lives this decade already. Thanks.)

[ January 13, 2009, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: cleome ]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wonder Lad
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wonder Lad   Email Wonder Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
thank you, cleome for that link. that was fun [Smile]
From: Lexington, KY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
WL:

Finally ! Somebody who appreciates Great Art [tm] as much as I do ! [grin]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
"Am I mean enough ? [considers]"

That was disturbing...on far tooooooo many levels.

(Will drano really burn out eyeballs?)

[Wink]

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Oh, rickshaw. Just think of it as educational material. Yeah, that's the ticket.

[raspberry]

We're all out of Drano. You'll have to accept this bottle of 151 rum instead.

--------------------

Wonder Lad
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wonder Lad   Email Wonder Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I had to laugh, though, at those posters who kept commenting on how large the bulges were. Large? Seriously? They obviously don't know some of the same guys I know. Of course, if they're making personal comparisions, they probably would seem large. Heaven forbid they're ever exposed to Patrick Fillion's work.
From: Lexington, KY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Everyone should have to take one class in drawing the human figure and one class in drawing the clothed human figure. Seriously. It could only help. Maybe a mandatory skim of John Berger's Ways of Seeing as well.

[Brain/Orson Welles:]
When I take over the world, things will be DIFFERENT !
[/Brain/Orson Welles]

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Wonder Lad:
I had to laugh, though, at those posters who kept commenting on how large the bulges were. Large? Seriously? They obviously don't know some of the same guys I know. Of course, if they're making personal comparisions, they probably would seem large. Heaven forbid they're ever exposed to Patrick Fillion's work.

I thought the same thing. Still, compared to most superhero bulges that we see, they were really big.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Personally my favorite poster over there was the guy who'd apparently never heard of "minimizers" for women or sports bras.

[snerk]

--------------------

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
(Don't click at work. I've ruined enough lives this decade already. Thanks.)

Now I'm wondering where to find the alluded-to gals in guys costumes thread, because I suspect that girls in variations on Angel, Nightcrawler or Nightwings costumes would look kinda hot.

Obviously, women in the Things, Hulks or Beasts traditional garb would be as unlikely to grace a comics page as a man dressed like Emma Frost...

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Set:

quote:
Now I'm wondering where to find the alluded-to gals in guys costumes thread...
Well, there have been, comparatively speaking, a number of females who have assumed garb/identity formerly associated with males. I'm sure such threads exist, but they're not quite as unheard-of in terms of subject.

Re: Nightcrawler. There's some alt-Earth where he and The Scarlet Witch had a kid, so that's pretty close.

quote:
...Obviously, women in the Things, Hulks or Beasts traditional garb would be as unlikely to grace a comics page as a man dressed like Emma Frost...

I assume that Strata is about as close as you'll get vis-a-vis that kind of minimalist garb. Though I'm not familiar with L.E.G.I.O.N., I always chuckle when people say, "Hey, how can you tell she's female ?"

Uh, I dunno'. Read the story ? [rolleyes] Even in the real-world animal kingdom, you can't always readily discern males and females. Alison Bechdel of Fun Home fame has also pointed out in an interview that IRL, "You [often] can't tell the gender of someone [human] who's half a block away."

(Sigh.)

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.