Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LSH 43 ~~~~~SPOILERS (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: LSH 43 ~~~~~SPOILERS
veryvery
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for veryvery   Author's Homepage   Email veryvery         Edit/Delete Post     
ohhh one more thing. i thought it was established in the lightning saga thing that trip and kk were from action comics old people legion? and not THIS legion?! but.. god i have no idea what's going on ;_; if i were them i would have.. given someone a heads up...

don't think they're recruiting for Lo3W because that's supposed to have like.. ALL the legionnaires in it from how perez said he had to draw everyone and their mom.

so... are these the same guys that snatched cos?

and templar? can some nice person tell me who they are? if they're like.. the KNIGHTS templar?! well that might explain why they speak the way they do.

oh and everyone being mean to lyle is stupid. very stupid. especially KK who HAS NO POWERS. it just made me think that the legion is full of jerks.

--------------------
http://www.adrianaferguson.com
http://joteivv.deviantart.com
http://superfuturefriends.blogspot.com

From: Seattle | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ricardo:
quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
As for Brin, I think Shooter is showing that he is getting more feral over time, possibly losing the control he showed earlier in the series. Bedard developed this somewhat, and Shooter has shown him getting increasingly more aggressive during his run.

And the bare feet ROCK, man! No feral character should wear boots, dammit! <No martial arts characters either, Val! [No] >

This is not an anomaly, in fact, for Brin losing his temper and becoming more feral. TMK dealt with that and I think I remember some Levitz issues also dealing with that.
In this case Ricardo, they're contesting Brin's 3Boot characterization historically, as opposed to his classic and TMK versions. Still, as underdeveloped as Waid's characters were, I don't see Shooter's portrayal really contradicting Brin's. It's easy for me to see Waid-era Brin as simply having had more control of himself. Also, when we first met him, Brin wasn't even a Legionnaire, so as he came to know them better, he probably found them frustrating and irritating, as people tend to do when they spend too much time together, [Smile]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askanipsion
Telepath

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askanipsion   Author's Homepage   Email Askanipsion         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by veryvery:

as for dreamer being "excused: off duty"... being trapped in someone's head doesn't seem to fulfill that, i assume they're talking about dream BOY, since the rest of the UP understands that dream girl is DEAD (remember that thing where Naltor freaked out that b5 was keeping her body?).

I am guessing there was a jump in time from the last writer's stories to Shooter's. I have a feeling Nura was brought back somehow during that time.

This is the 3rd time we have seen Dreamer on the screen....I don't think they mean Dream Boy. It is on purpose.

Shooter has ignored things that Waid wrote before....why not Nura? When I talked to Waid this year in Orlando, he said he was going to bring Nura back to her body eventually anyway.

I have a feeling that she foresaw her death and sent her mind/spirit out of her body at time of "death". She then returned to it.

From: South Florida | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
As for Brin, I think Shooter is showing that he is getting more feral over time, possibly losing the control he showed earlier in the series. Bedard developed this somewhat, and Shooter has shown him getting increasingly more aggressive during his run.

Yeah, this just seems to be a natural progression from what Bedard/Calero did with the arc where Timber Wolf was 'feralized.'
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owl Lad   Email Owl Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Although the concept of T-Wolf predates Wolverine, the former will always have comparisons with the latter, so any avoidance of Brin being uncontrollably feral is welcome. I would much rather have the thinking man's savage or the sensitive savage as we have seen in other incarnations.

Saturn Girl wasn't the only doormat in command. Karate Kid also seemed to be easily steamrolled by Invisible Kid, no less in terms of how to lead the charge.

Along with Trip's uncharacteristic snarky comment to IK and Shrinking Violet's (yes, please return to this moniker!)contradictory approval of SG's mind tampering, I'm starting to believe somebody's tampering with some of the legionnaires' minds.

I agree with the art not looking as crisp as when this run started. Overall, I wasn't as thrilled with this ish.

With Shooter eventually off this run, are there any rumours of who might take over?

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Owl Lad:

With Shooter eventually off this run, are there any rumours of who might take over?

I doubt they even know it. DC is really messed up these days and I bet it will be up to Geoff Johns to decide what to do with the LSH. My gut feeling is that they will try to incorporate it into Superman continuity somehow.
From: Brasil | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kcekada
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kcekada   Email kcekada         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I daresay that the folks here who complain about not enough happening in Shooter's run might not have the same complaint for this issue!

Is that really the complaint about Shooter's run though. My criticism is that in spite of all the stuff going on ... I rarely feel like I'm reading a story. It's more like a collection of subplots. Things do seem to be coming together now, but I'm not sure I even care any more.

Did Manpul make changes to the new costumes since we saw them on the cover way back when? Have to day that I liked the version of T.Wolf's and K.Kid's costumes better on that cover. And still don't understand why Ayla's costume was changed -- when the Kitson version was pretty much perfect.

Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kcekada
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kcekada   Email kcekada         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

I think Shooter's run may be the swan song for this Legion. Maybe the series or concept needs to take a break for a while. It just doesn't seem to be connecting with audiences.

Maybe a Geoff Johns Superman & the Legion title -- or even a new Superboy (Kal-El) and the Legion title with a younger version of the Action Comics adult Legion?

Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaseous Lad
Harbinger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaseous Lad   Email Gaseous Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by kcekada:
Is that really the complaint about Shooter's run though. My criticism is that in spite of all the stuff going on ... I rarely feel like I'm reading a story. It's more like a collection of subplots. Things do seem to be coming together now, but I'm not sure I even care any more.

Did Manpul make changes to the new costumes since we saw them on the cover way back when? Have to day that I liked the version of T.Wolf's and K.Kid's costumes better on that cover. And still don't understand why Ayla's costume was changed -- when the Kitson version was pretty much perfect.

The costume thing is something that's been bugging me. We were told when we saw the cover preview (with all the new costumes) months ago and were told the changes would come organically in the story.

Then, when we get them a couple issues back, they just show up on the doorstep. If there is a more important story element to talk about here (possibly M'Rissey), it should have been revealed by now.

From: Maryland | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Triplicate Kid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Triplicate Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
And still don't understand why Ayla's costume was changed -- when the Kitson version was pretty much perfect.
I thought Kitson had found a pretty much ideal Light Lass costume.

--------------------
Tom Strong, on nostalgia: "I suppose it's a ready substitute for genuine feeling."
- Tom Strong #6, Alan Moore

From: Calgary, Alberta | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo         Edit/Delete Post     
Are the costumes (and how they are introduced) really important to the plot, story and overall enjoyment of Shooter and Manapul's run? Just a question. Because one of the things I liked more about 5YG was ignoring it completely, focusing on what's UNDER the costume. Maybe I am totally wrong, but...
From: Brasil | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phantom Girl
Long Live the Legion!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phantom Girl   Email Phantom Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
I think the costumes are going to be part of the forthcoming plot. I'm thinking since we don't know who sent them and the Legionnaires don't seem to care either, that it will come to bite them later on.

--------------------
I have lived for the Legion and one day I shall die for the Legion.

From: Bgztl | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Tim Drake
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Tim Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Tim Drake         Edit/Delete Post     
We
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom Girl:
I think the costumes are going to be part of the forthcoming plot. I'm thinking since we don't know who sent them and the Legionnaires don't seem to care either, that it will come to bite them later on.

But we do know who sent the costumes -- it was M'rissey, right? Or am I missing something?

--------------------
Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake

From: Providence, RI | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
veryvery
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for veryvery   Author's Homepage   Email veryvery         Edit/Delete Post     
m'rissey sent them. it was made quite plain from his conversation with querl...

--------------------
http://www.adrianaferguson.com
http://joteivv.deviantart.com
http://superfuturefriends.blogspot.com

From: Seattle | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
My criticism is that in spite of all the stuff going on ... I rarely feel like I'm reading a story. It's more like a collection of subplots. [/QB]
I hadn't thought of this but as soon as I read it I agree! There doesn't seem to be any real ending to any of the subplots they just keep a-steamrollering along. I am enjoying them but it's like snacking rather than having a decent meal; satisfying in the short term but lacking the necessary quality needed to keep up momentum in the long term.

That said the charactyers are now beginning to have individual personalities, always a good thing! The political aspects - the government doubledealing and backstabbing, LL's niaveity, B5's scheming etc are great!

Ever since there's been that new colourist the art hasn't been as crisp or energetic - in particular I dislike TW's blue costume, the brown look on the cover of 37 was better. And IK's blue and red costume was truly awful, the charcoal and white version, again on the cover of 37, was better IMO.

This is the best issue in a few but we still need a plotline (any plotline!) to actually finish!

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.