Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » The Great Darkness Saga -- Revisited (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Great Darkness Saga -- Revisited
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh well. I tried. [Smile]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
In the sequence Jim is describing, the Legionnaires arrive on Apokolips, which is now orbiting Daxam's red sun. Superboy also arrives, having been equipped with "micro-circuitry" created by Brainiac 5 to give him powers under a red sun. Superboy tussles with Superman-clone Servant until the micro-circuitry is destroyed. At that point, E-Lad encases Superboy in a lead shield and then turns nearby rocks into gold kryptonite, depriving the Servant of his powers, whereupon Timber Wolf smashes the Servant into bits. (This all happens in # 293.)

One might suppose that Element Lad didn't know that Superboy was already protected from gold K under a red sun. After all, Superboy didn't have many adventures near a red sun during his time with the Legion. Or the lead case may have been an extra precaution. Who knows how the "micro-circuitry" affected Kal's physiology?

A bigger problem, as I said earlier, is why didn't E-Lad just turn the nearby rocks into gold K at the onset of the battle and thereby save Superboy a beating? I mean, sure, the battle was dramatic, but not very logical.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
But Superboy aside, the gold K shouldn't have affected the Superman clone under a red sun either because he too should've been powerless already.

Another not very logical part of the story is this: If Darkseid is powerful enough to mentally enslave the entire Daxamite race, why didn't he just enslave the Legion as well?

But I don't want to pick the story apart. It was a great read and I enjoyed rereading it so I could discuss it on this thread.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Good points, Jim.

One might suppose that if Brainy could rig up some micro-circuitry to keep Superboy powered, then Darkseid should have been able to do something similar.

I like picking stories apart. [Wink] It makes me appreciate their strengths even more.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I just read this a couple of years ago and don't remember it. [Frown] Will read ASAP.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insaniac5
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insaniac5   Email Insaniac5         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
I just read this a couple of years ago and don't remember it. [Frown] Will read ASAP.

I just read it 6 months ago and much of it has already leaked out of my sievelike brain. :-( Still, I do rememeber that it was an INCREDIBLE story. Too bad Darkseid isn't that much of a bad@ss anymore.
From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.