Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » past LSH arcs that deserve TPBs (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: past LSH arcs that deserve TPBs
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I like a lot of the ideas mentioned (except Dark Circle Rising [Razz] )

Would love to see Earth War, LSV Baxter Arc (awesome that they're collecting it) and would love to see TMK #1-12 with the first Jo Annual. Terra Mosiac would be awesome, but I have to reread--it might be hard to include earlier issues that are essential to understanding it.

The Legion of the Dead/Mordru Arc under TMK would be tons of fun, and could be one of those trades that catch on.

Love Reboot's idea for the White Triangle mega-arc. Legion of the Damned combined with the prelude issue and Widening Rifts would be cool, then Legion Lost, then Legion Worlds. Might as well spread them out and make tons of money (thinking like DC here) [Big Grin]

I think DnA's first dozen or so issues could be split into seperate runs and work well.

I guess the one I'd love to see the most would be Earth War. I've only read it one time so I haven't really ever critiqued it, only knowing that I found it very appealing.

Essential Legion vs. Fatal Five seems like a no-brainer! Especially with the later stories up to #231.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
quote:
Originally posted by Director Lad:
The LSV story from the beginning of the Baxter series. I'd love to have a shelf copy of that so I don't have to dig when I want to look at it.

Already in the works.
Yeah! I saw the item in today's CSN. I felt a bit of the "ask and ye shall receive" when I saw it.
From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero Kahn
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zero Kahn   Email Zero Kahn         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I like "Bext of Legionnaire X" as a theme.

How 'bout "Best of Wildfire", featuring his debut, return... hmm, what else?

The Omega story from Superboy/Legion 250-251. I know it is not really alot about him much but the scene where he meets Omega at the door of the Legion HQ all by himself is what made me a Wildfire fan for life. And then him and Superboy talking in the rubble of the HQ at the end of the story talking about what it means to be a Legionarie also really shows off why Drake was so cool.
From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
quote:
Originally posted by Director Lad:
The LSV story from the beginning of the Baxter series. I'd love to have a shelf copy of that so I don't have to dig when I want to look at it.

Already in the works.
YIPPEEE!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not-So-Bad Lad
Secret Honorary Auxiliary Substitute Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not-So-Bad Lad   Email Not-So-Bad Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
quote:
Originally posted by Not-So-Bad Lad:
...What about that one where Quislet's returned to his dimension?

I believe that one belongs in the "Best of Quislet" TPB!
Touche! Though, sadly, a "Best of Quislet" would be terribly small [Frown]

--------------------
"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot

From: The Evil Anti-Moon!!!! | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
White Triangle, yes! Damned to Worlds too! Earthwar is another great choice.

Followed by the Chu Sting/Fatal Five arc. Though that might be problematic, because nearly all the previous issues connect into this. It'd need to have LSH 78-80 and Legionnaires 33-37 at least, but Mon's return might have to be included (which would mean adding LSH 73-75 and Legionnaires 31-32)...

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
White Triangle, yes! Damned to Worlds too! Earthwar is another great choice.

Followed by the Chu Sting/Fatal Five arc. Though that might be problematic, because nearly all the previous issues connect into this. It'd need to have LSH 78-80 and Legionnaires 33-37 at least, but Mon's return might have to be included (which would mean adding LSH 73-75 and Legionnaires 31-32)...

Well, going that way, the very-nearly-complete postboot Legion in TPB [Smile] :

Early Post-ZH:

LSH v1: Beginning of Tomorrow
LSH 0, 62-65
Lgs 0, 19-22
[10 issues, exists without volume numbering]

LSH v2: White Triangle
LSH 66-71
LSH Ann 6 (Kinetix segment only, insert between LSH69 and Lgs26)
Lgs 23-28
Lgs Ann 2 (print at end)
[14 issues (equiv.), may be printed as two volumes, option to include the two Showcase95 #6 stories between LSH68 & Lgs26 in that instance]

LSH v3: Future Tense
LSH 72-74
Lgs 29-31
Superboy 18-19 & 21 (18-19 inserted between LSH72 & Lgs29, 21 between Lgs30 & LSH74)
[9 issues]

LSH v4: Sting
LSH 75-80
Lgs 32-36
Lgs Ann 3 (insert between Lgs35 and LSH79, possibly replacing the last page of Lgs35)
[12 issues]

LSH v5: Eye, Violet
Lgs 37-42
LSH 81-84
Showcase96 #8 (backup, insert after Lgs 37)
[10 issues]

LSH v6: Stranded
LSH 85
Showcase96 10 (backup)
Adv of Superman 540
LSH 86-87
Showcase96 11-12
Superman Plus LSH
Impulse #21
LSH 88-90
[11 issues (equiv)]

LSH v7: Mordru
Lgs 43-47
LSH 91
Lgs 48-52
[11 issues]

LSH v8: C.O.M.P.U.T.I.N.G
LSH 92-97
Superboy 45
LSH 98-99, 100 (lead only)
[10 issues]

LSH v9: Reuniting
Lgs53-56
LSH100 (backups)
LSH SF&O 1
Lgs 57-58
LSH 101-102
[10 issues]

LSH v10: Anomalous
LSH 103-105
Lgs 59-61
Adventure Comics 80-Page Giant (backup, at end)
[~7 issues]

LSH v11: Dark Circle Rising
Lgs 62-66
LSH 106-109
[9 issues]

LSH v12: Imperfect Strangers
LSH 110-118
Lgs 67-69
[12 issues]

LSH v13: Elements of Disaster
Lgs 70-77
LSH 119-121
[11 issues]

DnA stuff:

The Legion v1: Legion of the Damned
LSH SF&O 2
Lgs 78-81
LSH 122-125
[9 issues]

The Legion v2: Legion Lost
Lost 1-12
[12 issues]

The Legion v3: Legion Worlds
Worlds 1-6 (although I'd like to put the #6 backup in the LotD trade...]
[~10 issues (equiv)]

The Legion v4: Terra Incognita
The Legion 1-8
Guide to the DC Universe SF&O 2001-2002 (4 pages)
[8 issues]

The Legion v5: Robotica
The Legion 9-16
[8 issues]

The Legion v6: Dream Crime
The Legion 17-24
[8 issues]

The Legion v7: Foundations
The Legion 25-30
The Legion SF&O 3003
[7 issues]

The Legion v8: Notorious
The Legion 31-38
[8 issues]

Misc

Legends of the Legion
LotL 1-4
LSH Annual 6 (XS and Leviathan stories)
[~5 issues]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Earthwar (at the rate the Archives are going) and Legion Lost.

Plus, "The LSH Wedding Album", Absolute Edition, containing:

"The Weddings that Wrecked the Legion" (Adventure #337)
"The Legionnaire Bride of Starfinger" (Superboy #200/BB & DD wedding)
All-New Collector's Edition # C-55 (LL/SG wedding tabloid)
LSH v.2 Annual #2 (KK/Jeckie wedding)
"Castles in the Air" (Legionnaires Annual #1/Legion of Avalon)
"Til Death" (LSH v.4 #96/Jo & Tinya wedding)

Edit: Oh yeah, throw in that story where Saturn Girl, disguised as Supergirl, marries Tor-An.

[ June 29, 2007, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: Tromium ]

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.