Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » So if the "old" Legion comes back? What do you want? (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: So if the "old" Legion comes back? What do you want?
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I forgot about the codename Phase. I'd take Phase or Apparition before Phantom Woman. [Smile]

No one wants the ZH Legion back but everybody wants elements/characters of it. Gates and XS being the frontrunners. Those were my personal favorites. I like Dragonmage as well.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
No one wants the ZH Legion back
I do!

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd certainly bring back Veilmist and Kent Shakespeare maybe as a healer?

I would also bring them back a few months after the Magic Wars. Have the founders rejoin after MW to bring stability to the Legion. Induct atleast three new members right away. Have the Academy be like the New Mutants as others have suggested. Make sure the new members are the best and brightest heroes around. Maybe have a new member with a similiar "useless" power save the day like Bouncing Boy and join, etc.

And I agree no earth, galaxy, universe threats for atleast 30 issues. [Smile]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
For me, it would be important that as many of the old stories as possible will still be valid in the new continuity. The classics, the Shooter Legion, the dead Legionnaires (yes, even Chem), the relationships and so on.

I doubt that anything of 5YL will be returning, which I consider a pity cause I liked the stories and their complexity a whole lot but I guess it's too much to hope for. I don't even believe that the time period of Magic Wars will be back, I rather guess they might start right after the LSV Baxter series start (when KK was killed).

What else should be back? Certainly NOT XS and Monstress, though I am open to new characters as long as the old ones are all returning (including Magnetic Kid and Tellus).

If the old stories keep their validity, then let there be new adventures for our long missed heroes. I guess there's a million of stories to be told. Considering the complexity of modern storytelling, there might even be potential for a new 5YL - SciFi superhero stories "Lost" style...

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
I forgot about the codename Phase. I'd take Phase or Apparition before Phantom Woman. [Smile]

No one wants the ZH Legion back but everybody wants elements/characters of it. Gates and XS being the frontrunners. Those were my personal favorites. I like Dragonmage as well.

Wasn't Dragonmage already there Pre-ZH? I remember him as a "Legionnaires" character pretty soon in that series... had a Trading Card of him...

And no, I don't want any ZH characters back [Smile] Especially not XS (quote Marv Wolfman: It's very hard to write a decent team story with a speedster in it... you always have to explain why he wasn't there first and solved all the problems til the rest of the team arrived).

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
XS was one of my favorite reboot additions. She was sweet, young, in over her head (at first), and fun.

As for Marv Wolfman's objection, it could apply to any number of very powerful characters, including Superboy, Supergirl, Mon-El, Ultra Boy, and Wildfire.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
My wish list:

-Everything very close to preboot history

-I'm happy to see KK and Sensor Girl at the same time. I'm mildly curious about how this happened, but continuity bumps have never bothered me too much

-I'd like to see the Emerald Empress (Sarya) alive and kicking. Maybe the eye takes the dust of Sarya's body and puts it back together...

-Most of the other stuff that I'd like to see can be introduced as future storylines. I'd like to have Gates, Xs, Kid Quantum II and yes, Monstress, as full-fledged Legionnaires. I've also always prefered Andromeda to Supergirl, but I realize that I'm in a minority here (I am firmly in the the-less-supercousins-in-the-Legion-the-better camp: although I appreciate the positive influence the Legion had on both Superman and Supergirl, I'd rather keep the Supercousins' involvement in future Legion stories to a minimum). Nightwind and Veilmist would also be cool inductees...

-Resurrections? Not a fan. I know, I've just accepted one, KK, proposed another one, the Empress, and am about to discuss a third one. I'm not exactly consequent. But Ferro Lad, Chem and possibly even Magnetic Kid, depending on where exactly we are on the timeline, should remain dead. I am also happy if we never see Tyroc again

-Having said that, I think it would be a great pity to lose Lyle. His death in the preboot was so exceedingly badly written that I was never sure that he was really dead, in spite of constantly being hit on the head with his golden statue. Maybe he could return from that spirit dimension where he supposedly is (or not? I really can't tell). I just love that character, especially in the way he was written in the reboot

-Oh, and before I forget, if we go back to a close-to-preboot continuity, I want Yera to die a horrible death. I've always HATED her, although I don't know exactly why. (Yes, I do, why did CB ever agree to marry her? The impersonator of someone he supposedly loved? I've never understood. I'd rather have Colossal Boy as a widower.)

So there. That's what I want. And oh, yes, if for some miraculous reason the possibility opens up of having more than one Legion comic book, I would much rather have both titles in the same universe, whichever one that is. I realize that losing the reboot or the threeboot (or even the preboot) Legions sucks for fans who like them, but I would personally much rather dedicate the new space to flesh out one universe. I guess it's a matter of preference, an that is mine.

[ June 06, 2007, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: Doctor One ]

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm just chomping at the bit at the *hint* that the Legion could come back. DC could really recapture what Marvel has thrown away, a chance to write a book about *heroes,* filled with hope and adventure and yes, the occasional tragedy.

I think my favorite threeboot change, other than all the sex goin' on ('cause I'm a grown-up know, and the thought of a dozen good-looking teenagers being so monogamous looks pretty anachronistic by modern standards, let alone future standards) would be the buffing up of Dream Girl. The issue with the pre-cops was awesome. I didn't like *at all* the changes they made to Element Lad, or even Triplicate Girl, but Dream Girl really blossomed for me in the threeboot. Even if she's returned to her bubblehead affectation, I would love to see her turn out to be able to use her precognition in combat.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Colorful costumes. Drab, uniformly uniform, and or non-descript costumes just make everything look less fun.
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmpress
Beautiful & Merciless

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmpress   Email EmeraldEmpress         Edit/Delete Post     
-Oh, and before I forget, if we go back to a close-to-preboot continuity, I want Yera to die a horrible death. I've always HATED her, although I don't know exactly why. (Yes, I do, why did CB ever agree to marry her? The impersonator of someone he supposedly loved? I've never understood. I'd rather have Colossal Boy as a widower.)

Yes I Hate Yera, too.
And bring back Spider Girl and Veilmist.

--------------------
From Spain with glamour.

From: Valencia- Spain | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Not only do I hate Yera, I hate R.J. Brande (Durlan or human), the little Ranzz tykes, and Invisible Kid II. Kill 'em all, or better yet, make sure they never existed in this continuity!
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
No way! The Ranzz tykes rock! The other three can be whited out for all I care, though... [Wink]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Bah! Jacques Foqart or bust!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Doctor One, we might have to settle for Laurel KENT instead of Gand. But I wouldn't mind a female daxamite either. [Wink]

I agree with Empress returning to "life". But I rather leave all the rest dead.

Yera and the Ranzz twins rock!!!

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I liked Yera, too, nothwithstanding the dubious circumstances of her arrival and marriage to Gim. (Which only shows how screwed up they both were!)

But Yera as the civilian wife of a Legionnaire had possibilities, which were only briefly touched on in her final appearance in v.3. Yera and Gim have an argument over his risking his neck while still injured, yet she also throws in the fact that he's spending more time with the Legion than with her and suggests that she gave up her acting career to be his wife. All of this mirrors real anxieties married couples face, particularly when one of them is a police officer or a soldier. I would like to have seen this explored some before Giffen threw everything ahead five years.

The fact that Gim and Yera had a biracial marriage and that she came from a culture that was shunned by others served as a metaphor for similar issues today. I don't recall it being explored much, but the potential was there.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.