Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » The Official Legion Showcase Thread (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The Official Legion Showcase Thread
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
EDE, you read the second Superman collection haven't you? Was Action #267 included? It should have been in the second volume. If it wasn't then it should show up in the Legion one.

You mean the Supergirl story? No, but Supergirl stories generally aren't reprinted. The only thing it has from Action #267 is "Hercules in the 20th Century".
D'oh! That's right. Forgot that one was Supergirl related. I wonder how they'll treat Action #285. That features both Superman and Supergirl and would normally be collected in this Superman volume if treated as a Superman story.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wamu2
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wamu2           Edit/Delete Post     
awesome news. now, I can look forward to becoming a lsh scholar at a low, low price.
From: chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
46 Legion books/stories for only $16.99. Thirty-seven cents a story. Or, if you get the discount, nineteen cents. Can't beat that with a duralim wand.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Start saving your walking money now!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
If you have to have color, use the money you save on the Showcase to buy some snazzy crayons... [Color Kid] [Yes]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

I think even [Poverty Lad] can afford at least one copy. [Big Grin]
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
[Big Grin] [Hug]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Jeepers! I might actually buy an extra copy for coloring purposes!

Hmm... what fun changes could I make to the Legionnaires outfits... [Devil]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
whoe's poverty lad?

also with the cross over stuff wouldn't they just print them in both I have the legion and the supergirl archives and some stories are in both.

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Jeepers! I might actually buy an extra copy for coloring purposes!

Hmm... what fun changes could I make to the Legionnaires outfits... [Devil]

quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
If you have to have color, use the money you save on the Showcase to buy some snazzy crayons... [Color Kid] [Yes]

Just what I was thinking! my very own Legion colouring book! YAY!

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Lester's gonna be in it. He'll provide color commentary. [Lester Spiffany]
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkwithcrowds
Skinny wee Scottish guy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkwithcrowds   Email walkwithcrowds         Edit/Delete Post     
Now this IS exciting!!
I haven't bought any of the archives, basically because I can't afford them. This is a good way for me to read all of the early adventures of a series that I love.
The question of colour isn't a problem for me.
I agree with Kent that some stuff looks a lot better in black and white.
I dont have any of the Showcase titles but I do have the first two volumes of the Essential Doctor Strange and I thought they were amazing value for money.
I will DEFINATELY be buying the Legion Showcase when it comes out. This is the first comic news I have been excited about in a long time...well, apart from the new Flash series - and I have allready made my thoughts clear about that.
But this stuff is stone cold classic material.

I can't wait!!!

--------------------
Be lucky

From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Looking at the specific issues...it looks like this Showcase includes everything in the first *three* archives? How is that possible at the page count?

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

It does as far as I can tell:

Legion of Super-Heroes Volume 1
Adventure Comics #247, #267, #282, #290, #293, #300-305, Action Comics #267, #276, #287, #289, Superboy #86, #89, #98, and Superman #147

Legion of Super-Heroes Volume 2
Adventure Comics #306-317, Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #72, and Superman Annual #4

Legion of Super-Heroes Volume 3
Adventure Comics #318-328, Superboy #117, and Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #76

Same 46 issues. I know the Showcases reprint the covers as well so I don't know where they cut the 36 pages from (each Archive had 196 pages).

Eryk Davis Ester

I don't think these solicitations are always accurate as far as what ends up being in the volume.
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.