Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Brainiac 5 is stupid! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Brainiac 5 is stupid!
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
um didn't brainy go insane several times (i may be exagerating)and create monstsers for the legion to battle, one of which killed triplicate girl. seems way worse than a tree limb falling on someone. also didnt he destroy the hq.

who dies by a tree limb in the dc universe anyways (what a dork)...arent people always getting punched through concrete/brick walls and stuff.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Technically it was Computo that blew up the HQ. Computo's the "monster" that killed one of Triplicate Girl, too.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Dear Editor: Brainiac 5 is a rat for getting Star Boy expelled! He himself should have been expelled long ago, because the computer he built - "Computo the Conqueror" - killed innocent people. Bad luck to him on his next case! -David A Wainwright, Hollis, N.Y.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Now, Now. Parents can't be held responsible for the actions of their children even if they are metallic abominations.

Wouldn't the world lack a certain colour if this were reversed?

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
well... i don't want to fall into a coma around briany either...
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
David A. Wainright was right!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
So finally the truth is revealed?

Did Brainy have the hots for Nura even back in the silver age? He was all set to have her replace Thom on the roster, wasn't he? But then she up and left and joined the Subs and took Thom with her.

Curses foiled again...

Sure preboot Brainy was a sweet boy when Kara was around but he was a teenaged boy and Kara was around like two times a year.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

WOW... topical, what with Kenz Nuhor back in continuity and what-all.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
I remember first reading that story and being so angry at Brainy & Imra!
It took a few issues for me to forgive them.

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
If David Wainwright of Hollis, NY had started this thread, he would've called it "Brainiac 5 is a rat!"
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[snip]

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Also, I believe it was established (by Jim Shooter's notes on the Legionnaires) that Thom was the "best equipped" guy Legionnaire, if you get my drift.

I've married into the Yinzers, and so such talk is blasphemy, but...

Jim has some issues. Let's face it. [No]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
okay personally i have always held to the belief that brainiac 5 went crazy, do to lack of vacation days or any other reason supplied to us. i just have this picture of him getting super pissed reading the the up coming shift logs. and looking at it add thinking 'didn't sun boy have off last we too, and i have to pull a double for the third time this week god damn it.' over and over again until he snapped, i dont know how many of you worked jobs where you are the only one that seams to come in day after day and every one else gets off but that drives you crazy.

and so when i apply that same logic to the star boy Trial. i like to think that Querl had a pudding cup with his name on it in the group fridge, and he saw star boy eating it, and i like to think Thom was like 'what are you going to do about it?' and i like thinking that the Trial was what he did about it.

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's an example of how frustrating it is dealing with Brainy.

http://darkj3.deviantart.com/art/Legion-Halloween-162515417

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
[snip]

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Also, I believe it was established (by Jim Shooter's notes on the Legionnaires) that Thom was the "best equipped" guy Legionnaire, if you get my drift.

I've married into the Yinzers, and so such talk is blasphemy, but...

Jim has some issues. Let's face it. [No]

The evidence is pretty much there, yeah.

But since HE (Shooter that is) brought it up, I never feel guilty about discussing Thom's enormous... personality and why the other guys hated him!

--------------------

Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
I... don't hate him... <giggle>

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.