Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Characters new to the reboot and/or very different from their pre-boot selves. (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Characters new to the reboot and/or very different from their pre-boot selves.
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Obadiah Oldbuck:
quote:
Originally posted by Bicycle Repair Man:
Kinetix (unless you consider her the reboot version of Quislet [Wink] )

Actually, I believe that she was intended to be the reboot Life Lass. Note that even the few glimpses we have seen postboot of the Lallorian heroes, Life Lass has never been seen.

Jeepers! How many times to we have to go through this!

Kinetix was clearly intended as a postboot Cera Kesh! Not Quislet! Not Life Lass!

Did Life Lass have a connection to the Emerald Eye? No! Was Life Lass telekinetic? No! She "animated" objects, presumably by transfering part of her own lifeforce to them. Similarly, Quislet "possessed" objects; it wasn't telekinetc.

Sheesh!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Or how about "Zoe Saugin/Kinetix was a new character for the reboot, and any similarities to preboot characters are coincidental."

Works for me.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
quote:

Wildfire is now a fusion of two people (Radion and Blast-Off, both of whom were new characters).

Actually, it was Atom'X not Radion.
Yeah, I suspected I'd gotten them mixed up; thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
quote:

There were others, of course: members of the Workforce and the Uncanny Amazers of Xanthu (such as Particon, Atom'x, and the ever-popular Konk), Amalia Crugg, Jancel Ardeen, Tinya's father, Tangleweb, Ze Tongue, Cos's former magnoball coach ...

Particon wasn't from Xanthu, but was a member of the Workforce.
That wasn't a mistake; that parenthetical aside was meant to refer to both groups mentioned in the preceding phrase.
From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Valor the M'Onel:
Sorry if no-one agrees with my opinon but here's what I think:
Magno:is a slight post-boot Magnetic Kid
(snip)
Inferno:Is a post-boot Sun Boy

Nope, Pol Krinn and Dirk Morgna exist in the postboot continuity, which makes Magno and Inferno new characters.
From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

quote:

quote:

Violet has both shrinking and growing powers.

I'd call that a development, not a reboot change. Vi was initially rebooted esentially the same.

You have a point. I was referring to the current status quo for Violet (and Live Wire, and {insert next nitpick here [Wink] } ... )
Valor the M'Onell
Anything but a marvel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valor the M'Onell   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
Sorry if no-one agrees with my opinon but here's what I think:
Magno:is a slight post-boot Magnetic Kid
(snip)
Inferno:Is a post-boot Sun Boy

Nope, Pol Krinn and Dirk Morgna exist in the postboot continuity, which makes Magno and Inferno new characters.
Well if Pol and Dirk aren't heroes these guys take their places
From: Australia | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
quote:
quote:

Actually, I believe that she was intended to be the reboot Life Lass. Note that even the few glimpses we have seen postboot of the Lallorian heroes, Life Lass has never been seen.

Kinetix was clearly intended as a postboot Cera Kesh! Not Quislet! Not Life Lass!

Did Life Lass have a connection to the Emerald Eye? No! Was Life Lass telekinetic? No! She "animated" objects, presumably by transfering part of her own lifeforce to them. Similarly, Quislet "possessed" objects; it wasn't telekinetc.

Sheesh!

Well, the "wink" was meant to indicate that I don't take this particular hypothesis too seriously, and I don't expect anyone else to, either. It's just that I still recall the stunned amazement I felt when I finally noticed the simiarities between Zoe and Quislet, not to mention the embarassment that it had taken so bloody long (over a year) for me to connect the two.

Now, if you want to hear about a pet postboot-Legion theory of mine that I do take seriously: I still think R.J. Brande could be Adam "Captain Comet" Blake, now only 99,000 years ahead of his time ...

[ May 26, 2004, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: Bicycle Repair Man ]

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

Valor the M'Onell
Anything but a marvel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valor the M'Onell   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Repair Man you are crazy now was Gossamer,Spark when she hade Light Lass powers or when she faked being a villian?
From: Australia | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

???
Now I'm confused; I don't remember mentioning Spark ...

Valor the M'Onell
Anything but a marvel

Oh sorry that thing above Life Lass I read Light Lass.Cause I'm thinking of making pocket Legionnaires
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Oh sorry that thing above Life Lass I read Light Lass.Cause I'm thinking of making pocket Legionnaires

Is that a Legionnaire in your pocket, or are you just happy ot see me?
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reservations
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reservations   Email reservations         Edit/Delete Post     
what about Rond Vidar? Was there a pre-boot equivalent?
Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valor the M'Onell
Anything but a marvel

There's a post-boot Rond?The pre-boot was the son of Universo and a Green Lantern not able to join the Legion for two reasons 1)He was banned from the United Planets,2)The Legion didn't allow anyone with a device to join
LoneWolfLondo
Reserve

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LoneWolfLondo   Email LoneWolfLondo         Edit/Delete Post     
Just a thought to add in reference to character differences: Ferro Lad wasn't around long enough pre-boot to establish much other than his typical Legion heroism, but when he appeared in the "Mordruverse" he was still as brave as possible. The SW6 Ferro was a daredevil terrified of being seen without his mask.
The current Ferro, aside from being a 20th century emigrant, sewed a lot, messed up a lot and hung out with Vi instead of the guys. He also addressed the idea of getting his face fixed, something never talked about pre-boot. And now it seems he's comfortable without the mask, but is stuck in iron form.
There also seems a difference in his "hideously disfigured face": SW6 Andy seemed to need the mask to hold it together, like it wasn't solid.
Post boot was just asymmetrical and unlike human norm IIRC.
Just a thought cuz I'd like to see him show up in the new version, as long as he doesn't design their costumes. And I'm still a big advocate for a romance with him and Val.

--------------------
Scrofulus!

From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
quote:
quote:

Sheesh!

Well, the "wink" was meant to indicate that I don't take this particular hypothesis too seriously, and I don't expect anyone else to, either. It's just that I still recall the stunned amazement I felt when I finally noticed the simiarities between Zoe and Quislet, not to mention the embarassment that it had taken so bloody long (over a year) for me to connect the two.

How could make light of such an important issue! [Wink]

Seriously, I think most "x" is a reboot "y" debates are pretty silly, myself. I'm not even clear what it's supposed to mean. Just because a character is introduced in the current version of the Legion that has a somewhat similar power to someone who existed in a previous version, how does that the new character a new "version" of the old? There's no more connection between Shikari and Dawnstar or between Kinetix, Life Lass, and Quislet or whoever than there was between Invisible Kids I and II in the preboot (and less, in fact, since Lyle and Jacques at least shared a name).

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.