Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Jim Lee's Legion Designs (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Jim Lee's Legion Designs
Valor the M'Onell
Anything but a marvel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valor the M'Onell   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Good work Birdie but Tinya looks good in short hair.Sun Boy should be seen face on.Cosmic BOY looks like he is a bit old for the BOY part maybe Cosmic MAN
From: Australia | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I love Lee's work, and I think most of these are really great. Imra's costume doesn't fit, but Lee's a far superior artist than most in comics right now, so I can only dream of him on Legion.

This, combined with rampant rumors of Lee dying to do the Legion after Superman, are the really exciting thing for me! I'd love to see Lee on Legion, I think it could really make the series dynamic! Imagine the Legion in the top 10? I'd just like to see the book do well and become one of the premier books in the industry (although I know some fans wouldn't be as inclusive and wouldn't want people being turned on to 'their' longtime favorite book b/c of Lee--something that is totally the opposite of how I feel).

Lee on the Legion would be great!

And T-Wolf looks freakin' awesome!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Lad
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
These can't be preboot designs - Karate Kid is dead preboot, remember? Unless that's Myg, which I highly doubt.

The logical conclusion is this is what the Legion would look like if Jim Lee drew the current Legion, but (like me) he considers names like "Apparition" to be silly and wrote down what he thinks they should be called, just like he drew what he thinks they should look like. Old habits die hard, and the Legion isn't going to be rebooted just to please Jim Lee. The fact that he's worked on the post-Crisis Batman and Superman and didn't try to change either one suggests that he wouldn't want to, either.

--------------------
My powers are Legion!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valor the M'Onell
Anything but a marvel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valor the M'Onell   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
But this is the Legion they always change
From: Australia | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
[Bump]

Those don't look anything like the DnA Legion, but they'd be great for the current one. Just not yet. The newness hasn't worn off of Barry's designs yet.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadow Kid
Talokian Super-Hunk

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadow Kid   Email Shadow Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I quite like most of these.

The Saturn Girl costume doesn't seem to be all that popular but I've always felt that Imra needed to loose the pony-tail and start dressing like the alpha legion female that she is. Maybe she can loose the skull cap but I liked the long pig-tails she has in the second pic.

All of the others are quite interesting as well. The shoulder cape on M'Onel and the Bell-Bottom sleeves/mini-skirt/short hair on Tinya look great.

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Man I honestly have to say. I don't like Lee's version I LOVE THEM. All of them. Saturn Girl looks great.

The bigger version of Ultra Boy blows away the smaller version though. I would pay big money to see this happen. [Smile]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
I like most of them, especially Mon-El's. I hate Lightning Lad's though. PG's top one and Dream Girl's are about the same as their Cockrum costumes. I agree that the costume doesn't fit Imra, but I could see it on Shady or Projectra maybe.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I think I prefer the Kitson designs to almost all of these. The exceptions are Timber Wolf and Invisible Kid.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
I INVISIBLE KID: I like this actually. It combines lines from preboot and reboot looks... I think black and white suits Lyle more than the tan range from preboot, though.
TN

Don't you mean Brainiac 5? I don't see Invisible Kid there. All I see Brainiac 5 standing next to Karate Kid.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthtownKid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthtownKid   Email SouthtownKid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I think I prefer the Kitson designs to almost all of these.

That's pretty much how I feel. I like most of these, and I don't hate any of them as a couple people seem to, but I don't like any of them as much as Kitson's current designs.

The only ones I'm not too fond of here are Karate Kid, who makes no sense, and Timber Wolf, who looks too much like Gambit to me, with the boots and staff.

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Honestly, I'm glad to see Jim Lee showing an interest in the Legion, but none of these designs were all that innovative to me. Sorry if that's rude. Also, Saturn Girl without hair is like a hot dog without ketchup or mustard. (Sorry, it's late...best I could do.)

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
The Imra design is WAY too derivative of DESTINY from the old Brothrhood of Evil Mutants.

But I still like the others.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.