Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Imra Ardeen is a SHAMELESS HUSSY (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Imra Ardeen is a SHAMELESS HUSSY
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
I think you're all just scared of a strong and competent woman.

With or without whips?

I mean with whips sure. Without whips? Naw, they're just HUSSYS!!!!

I mean really, why did they need her to go to the 20th century to meet up with the teenaged (TEENAGED!) Superboy? It was so she could shake her moneymakers and seduce him. Can you not read into the obvious? [Smile]

(Wonder what the Wonder Womwn board would make of this thread)?

Hmmmm idea for threads ala "Whose line is it Anyway."

Discuss Legion in the style of the Wonder Women/GL/Marvel board.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Y'know what... that ROKK KRINN is a shameless hussy for wearing that black camisolle for a costume!

he would have been a hussy if only he had a personality!
From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
quote:

With or without whips?

I mean with whips sure. Without whips? Naw, they're just HUSSYS!!!!

You've obviously never been trod on with stiletto heels. It ain't just all crackin' the whip.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

She's definitely strong -- she was able to manipulate an unconscious Rokk into pretending to be her boyfriend against his will and strong enough to create a false Tinya from her mind that Jo could bed every night. She's not a shamless hussy ... not at all....
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
I FORGOT about the manipulating an unconscious, comatose ROKK into being, like, her boyfriend!!!

[Saturn Girl] = Shameless Hussy

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
Preboot she tried to get rude with her sister-in-laws fella ==== totally shameless!!!
From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Can she help it if all these wolves are after her?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Your solidarity in defense of sisterhood is admirable FC, but can't you see this shameless hussy is dragging the rest of you down??
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

(and then there's Yera ... don't get me started on her... (come to think of it, do these instances really say something about the men who wrote these stories??))
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
All this anti Imra feeling is a little surprising. She is after all the reason the legion was formed. If Garth and Rokk hadn’t been lusting after her on that rocket ship, they would never have started talking. If they hadn’t been together whilst leaving the ship, and close to the sexy blond, then they would not have been able to save RJ.

Imra is not responsible for the reactions of others. To quote Jessica Rabbit, she’s not bad, she’s just drawn that way. [Wink]

I always saw Imra as the unobtainable beauty. She was the one all the boys fancied but because she was seen as a bit stand offish, (and if you could read the minds of 16 year old boys would you want to spend any time with them?) the boys, typically, turned her into the problem rather than themselves. She became the ice queen, the tease and in a more modern parlance, a hussy.

Irma is none of these. She is single minded, assertive, and knows what she wants and is prepared to go for it. In the work place women who act like this (in fact who act like men) are often called various unflattering names as some form of male self preservation reaction. Just look at the names Maggie Thatcher was called! When a similar, male, politician may have been just as unpopular but his policies, not his masculinity, would have been challenged.

So enough with the shameless hussy talk already. If you want to have a go at someone, what about that teenage (and for a long time single) mother Apparition. Not only is she promoting underage sex and pregnancy but she has on a number of occasions placed her child in danger. Where are social services when you need them.
[Laugh Out Loud]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

In Tinya's case, it pays to have connections. No social services call for her!

I don't hold teenage pregnancy against her, after all - she is taking care of the little blighter now and she never left him alone. Timber Wolf allowed him to stray into danger, but you know how you turn your back for an instant and *poof* the kid is gone.

You want a shameless hussy, I think Glorith would qualify. No shame at all and very tacky lingerie. I actually can't think of another female in the Legionverse who has so much shamelessness and hussiness in her. The other bad girls were fairly shameless in their approach to law-breaking; the new Emerald Empress is just sort of psycho, the old one tried to seduce Superboy - but it was pretty amateur stuff on the hussy scale. They just don't cut the s.h. mustard.

As for the men, Rokk's black camisole certainly qualifies as shameless but what choice did he have? As was said, he was drawn that way.

Look at Sun Boy - a shameless hunk if there ever was one and yet how do they remember him in the 5YL story? "Good old Dirk - he sure enjoyed a party!"

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
[cockney] Gloorith is a laaady [/cockney]

Imra, I heard, doesn't even wear underwear when flying!

Stilettoes???? hmmmmm, ouch, hmmmmm

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
If you want to have a go at someone, what about that teenage (and for a long time single) mother Apparition. Not only is she promoting underage sex and pregnancy but she has on a number of occasions placed her child in danger. Where are social services when you need them.
[Laugh Out Loud]

I realize this thread is tongue in cheek (sort of), but this is simply not accurate. Tinya was married when she became pregnant. Her husband supposedly died, leaving her with no choice but to give birth to Cub alone and face the prospect of raising him likewise. That's not the same thing as as "promoting underage sex and pregnancy." (It's not even certain if she's still a teenager at this point.)

As for placing Cub in danger, have I forgotten something? I don't remember this, apart from Cub's misadventures aboard the footstep drive ship. Tinya, of course, was unaware of his special abilities at that time.

Re: Saturn Girl. Imra made some bad choices as leader (her prolonged impersonation of Tinya being one of them), but I don't think this necessarily makes her a shameless hussy. It just means she used poor judgment.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
[Fat Cramer]
{[...] As for the men, Rokk's black camisole certainly qualifies as shameless but what choice did he have? }

What? "No choice"?? "Shameless"??? It's a highly functional design, as well as good-looking. (You do need to keep up the ab crunches, I'll admit.) And it doesn't have to come in black, either ...

-

Try calling Dawnstar a "shameless hussy," and our brother (have you met Greatfire?) will unleash some flamin' whoop-ass on YOU!

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Well, sure - they look good but who's going to vouch for their behaviour? And I still don't understand what holds the guys' camisoles up - unless it's clear plastic laces.

I don't think anyone would ever call Dawnstar a shameless hussy - except Ina, Jhodan's apprentice on Kol, but you know how kids are.

Huffy maybe, but not a hussy.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.