Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Lightning Saga Legion in Action! (Page 29)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Lightning Saga Legion in Action!
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
A couple of pages from this issue itself -

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

[Absorbancy Boy] [Storm Boy] [Spider Girl] [Radiation Roy] [Golden Boy] [Tusker]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
Heres a list of Legion characters that are from Earth.

Legionnaires:
Bouncing Boy
Colossal Boy
Ferro Lad
Invisible Kid I
Invisible Kid II
Karate Kid I
Tyroc
Wildfire

Allies and Enemies:
Absorbancy Boy :Rejected
Animal Lad :Rejected
Antonio Stefanacci
Ben Pares
Black Mace
Caress
Crystal Kid
Dagon the Avenger
Dawn Allen
Don Allen
Doctor Regulus
Douglas Nolan
Elastic Lad
Eyeful Ethel :Rejected
Fenton Pike
Flynt Brojj
Golden Boy :Rejected
Grimbor
Holdur
Infinite Man
Insect Queen :Rejected
Lamprey
Laurel Kent
Leland McCauley
Mantis Marlo
Marla Latham
Marte Allon
The Mess
Nightwind
Oli 3 Queen
Persuader
Pete Ross
Polecat :Rejected
Porcupine Pete :Rejected
Power Boy :Rejected
Quake Kid :Rejected
Quicksand
Radiation Roy :Rejected
Sensi
Spider Girl :Rejected
Starfinger I
Storm Boy :Rejected
Sun Emperor
Tarik the Mute
Tusker :Rejected
Visi-Lad ?
Weight Wizard
Westerner

Others Rejects: not sure of their place of origin
Alaktor
Camera Eye
Green Boy
Jungle King
Lester Spiffany
Rann Antar

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
Nightcrawler said
quote:
I did notice the name but was confused as to why she didn't look like Eyeful Ethel -
Yeah, it is strange. She does seem to have certain creases on her forehead but it may be just a frown. Cosmetic surgery perhaps so she'll look as a regular human?

I'm glad I got 3 issues of 858. One to read till it crumbles in my hands, one to save in my collection and one to give to any "worthy" friend who may be interested in the Legion. [Big Grin]

The art is even better in #859 and I almost felt weepy reading it. There was such a sudden surge of emotion that almost got me worried. I mean, it's just a comic book but it can still make me feel enthusiastic and happy as it did in the old days. And it wasn't just nostalgia. It wasn't nostalgia, period. It was a "now" thing and every page was like a rediscovery of something familiar, yet strangely innovated, updated and certainly very beautiful regardless of the dark story.

[ November 22, 2007, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: Dain ]

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Don't forget that Cosmic Boy was born on Earth. I wonder if that's going to be a plot point.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes I forgot all about Rokk being born on earth.

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm still optimistic about this story and this team. (I'm optimistic about the other one too; it's just harder to get over the bitter feelings I have about Mr. Waid's run.)

I hope there's a reveal of another big bad guy, because Rejects wanting the spotlight doesn't really lead naturally to a societal xenophobic wave. Maybe the red sun is having some effect on folks, reminding me of Universo's past schemes. But, then, alien holding camp 6736 has shades of Nardo about it. And Legionnaires in transparent stasis tubes conjures thoughts of Mordru.

Prime highlights for me were the interaction of Imra, Garth, & Rokk; Gim and Dawnstar having a moment; and the reveal of more legionnaires. Tinya looks pretty good with short hair.

So, who is the legionnaire in the holding camp? Someone without a homeworld to return to, but with a tie that keeps him obligated to abiding terrestrial law (Element Lad)? Someone who's been hinted at as being underground (Ayla)? Someone with a history of leading the down-and-out (Polar Boy)?

Next month's issue can't come fast enough.

From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Awkward, that's a good idea. Is there someone else behind this? The Rejects are...rejects after all.

In the LS JLA/JSA they showed Degaton, Despero and the Ultra Humanite but I think I read somewhere that is an untold story affecting the JLA.

Re: Costumes above. Argh! My eyes! Some of my all time favorites BUT Ultra Boy & Vi look horrible! Jo has that silly long hair again. Blok on the other hand looks great as does Tinya. Jacques? Hmm, interesting. Don't love but I don't hate it either.

I am going to have send DC some of my Ultra Boy and Shrinking Violet micro heroes to give them costume ideas! [Wink]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
One reason I like this storyline?

Let's face it the founders are suburban American high school kids from the 1950s. Leave it to Beaver from space.

I understand it's the future and the Legion universe is a parallel to our own. And I'm fine with that.

But even today you see lots of countries fighting that. I use Europe as an example. The EU sounds all hunky dory to me but some europeans don't like it for various reasons. Even on a smaller scale in Spain you have many regions fighting to become their own country.

I would like to see that friction in the UP. Sure the founders look like their from Earth but let's see those subtle differences of their culture, etc.

Earth for the most part appears united in the future but the UP should be like the UN. I'm not saying let's make Winathian culture extremely different and alien now...but let us see those slight differences.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I think the big bad will Click Here For A Spoiler be the original Brainiac. Also, Brainy will find a way to turn the sun back to yellow somehow so Kal can come back in to the future more often....

How does that sound?

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Newell
In Bismoll We Trust

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Newell   Email Paul Newell         Edit/Delete Post     
I think the big bad will Click Here For A Spoiler be Lester Spiffany! Seriously all the clues are there. An incrdibly rich Earthman wanting revenge at the Legion for his humiliation!

How does that sound? [/QB][/QUOTE]

--------------------
Paul Newell
Titan President

From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
If that turns out to be true, Paul, then this board will erupt into complete mayhem!
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Does there have to be an established big bad? I agree, I tend to think there must be some force beyond the rejects behind things, but what if there's not?

Could Earth-Man (or whoever) be accepted as a *new* bad guy on the way to becoming 'big bad'?

There's been even fewer memorable new villains than there've been new first-rank heroes in the past few years. They have to get their start *somewhere*, don't they?

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

-
Malvolio
Devil's Advocate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malvolio   Email Malvolio         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Wild Jorge:
One reason I like this storyline?

Let's face it the founders are suburban American high school kids from the 1950s. Leave it to Beaver from space.

I understand it's the future and the Legion universe is a parallel to our own. And I'm fine with that.

But even today you see lots of countries fighting that. I use Europe as an example. The EU sounds all hunky dory to me but some europeans don't like it for various reasons. Even on a smaller scale in Spain you have many regions fighting to become their own country.

I would like to see that friction in the UP. Sure the founders look like their from Earth but let's see those subtle differences of their culture, etc.

Earth for the most part appears united in the future but the UP should be like the UN. I'm not saying let's make Winathian culture extremely different and alien now...but let us see those slight differences.

Oh, certainly. I would think a culture where everyone (well, almost everyone) has a twin, an identical twin, would have siginifcant differences from Earth culture.

--------------------
Watching television is not an activity.

From: Freeville, NY | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Element Lad
Reservist reporting for duty

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Element Lad   Email Element Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dain:
The art is even better in #859 and I almost felt weepy reading it. There was such a sudden surge of emotion that almost got me worried. I mean, it's just a comic book but it can still make me feel enthusiastic and happy as it did in the old days. And it wasn't just nostalgia. It wasn't nostalgia, period. It was a "now" thing and every page was like a rediscovery of something familiar, yet strangely innovated, updated and certainly very beautiful regardless of the dark story. [/QB]

You said it, Dain. It's the first time I've been excited about the LSH since...probably since Monstress joined. I felt a shiver at the mention of Yera's name.

I agree that a couple of the costumes are rather ugly--I like Jo's hair, but Frank seems to be really into the Right to Bare Arms.
[Cool] I do like Garth's tattoo...

From: St. Paul, MN | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  ...  68  69  70   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.