Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Lightning Saga Legion in Action! (Page 28)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Lightning Saga Legion in Action!
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I combined your post here rather than a separate thread, sbmddjr.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
allright no problem. thanks.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
I can support EDE on his statement that the Legion should be on its own plane somehow. Though their taking part in the original Crisis and Legends was great, since then most crossovers just tended to be storytechnically challenged and provided tons of continuity problems. Millenium, Final Night, you name it.

The worst ever effort was the year long (or even longer???) stay of half of the team in the Reboot. That sucked hard, and like EDE I quit back then. I guess that was the moment the slow death of the Reboot started, which only the excitement of DnAs stories could postpone for some time.

But as for reintroducing the "classic but not all original" Legion into the DCU, there's probably no better way than to give th readers some hints here and there, probing the field, making the fans want more - and the "not yet fans" interested in those rather iconic looking characters.

I believe that a new Legion book with these characters would sell better now that they have been already reintroduced than it would if it came out iof the blue. The fans' attendance is already much higher, the hype bigger. So I guess DC did right thus far on that matter, but I do sincerely believe that should they get their own book, the old/new Legionnaires should return to their secluded 30th century.

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Just read the new issue of Action. It's a good one. The one thing I'm wondering about, though, is Tusker. What's the lowdown on Tusker? What did he do in his previous appearances? I have a reason for asking, which I will not be the first one to mention in this thread.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
The only Tusker I recall off the top of my head was in Reboot, I believe, during Team 30's membership drive... or am I misremembering? I haven't read those issues in several years now.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Tusker tried out for the Legion of Super-Heroes, unaware that the team had been taken over by the villain Dynamo Boy, who rejected Tusker and mocked him. Tusker swore vengeance on the Legion, and joined up with Eyeful Ethel, another Legion reject, and together they were determined to become suervillains. Tusker and Ethel couldn't find any villains who wanted to associate with them.

Tusker and Ethel met Ron-Karr of the Legion of Super-Villains, who, tired of the annoying duo, told them they could join if they destroyed Bismoll's computer network. Tusker and Ethel succeeded, but still didn't get their membership cards.

Tusker gave up his aspirations of evil and took a job at an insta-food emporium.

Taken from here
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Is Tusker a natural enemy for Matter Eater Lad or what?!
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks. Hmm. I wonder if we're going to get backstory on him in Action.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Jorge.

See? Memory does not always work.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero Kahn
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zero Kahn   Email Zero Kahn         Edit/Delete Post     
Man I really hated seeing one of my favorite members in the Justice Leagues "trophy case". I was really hoping to see the big guy play a bigger part in this story. Another really great issue. Seeing the founders in action together is always great, and I think Johns really nailed all three really well. His Lightning Lad I thought was really spot on as far as his personality goes.
From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
To refresh everyone's memory on who the Justice League of Earth are -

First, Storm Boy:
Click for fullsize image

Radiation Roy:
Click for fullsize image

Spider Girl:
Click for fullsize image

Golden Boy:
Click for fullsize image

Tusker:
Click for fullsize image

I'll post Absorb...er...Earth-Man later.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Sigh. Animal Lad-- did he get a raw deal, or what?

Hmmm. If Tusker and Golden Boy are getting used, I wonder if A.L. might merit an appearance in the ACTION storyline?

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
Very nice, Nightcrawler. [Smile] Maybe you could also add Click Here For A Spoiler The teacher. Her last name is Niwtyn. She's probably Eye-ful Ethel [Wink]
From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Back with Absorbancy Boy -
Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image
Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

And just for fun, Rainbow Girl:
Click for fullsize image

Nightcrawler
Founder

I did notice the name but was confused as to why she didn't look like Eyeful Ethel -

Click for fullsize image

This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  68  69  70   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.