Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » CALLING THE ROLL of LSH 44 "ENEMY RISING: OPERATION CALCULUS" (Spoilers) (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: CALLING THE ROLL of LSH 44 "ENEMY RISING: OPERATION CALCULUS" (Spoilers)
Gaseous Lad
Harbinger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaseous Lad   Email Gaseous Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rouge:
I've finally figured out what's bothering me.

It's not that Imra's in love with Ultra Boy.

It's not that Norima is in love with Ultra Boy.

It's that Jim Shooter is in love with Ultra Boy.

Hah! That is it exactly!
From: Maryland | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insomniac Girl
Super-Space-Ditz

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insomniac Girl   Email Insomniac Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rouge:
I've finally figured out what's bothering me.

It's not that Imra's in love with Ultra Boy.

It's not that Norima is in love with Ultra Boy.

It's that Jim Shooter is in love with Ultra Boy.

That's beautiful. *sniff*
Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
veryvery
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for veryvery   Author's Homepage   Email veryvery         Edit/Delete Post     
now that you mention it, ultra boy does keep popping up without his shirt on....

--------------------
http://www.adrianaferguson.com
http://joteivv.deviantart.com
http://superfuturefriends.blogspot.com

From: Seattle | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Mystery Lad wrote:

M'rissey: I devoutly hope that super-business managing isn't going to actually make this guy a member. Projectra's super-wealth was bad enough.

Shame on you for dissing super-business managing powers! You just *know* that super-organizational skills and super-knowing all the stuff M'rissey knows powers would be super useful! (I wouldn't mind having super-wealth powers myself, either)

I am actually groovin' to M'rissey! He may be the character find of 2008!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll shoulder that shame. In my book, Karate Kid gets the one 'pseudo' super-power exemption.

Maybe M'rissey and an unknown super-wealthy wannabee Legionnaire can form a booster organization.

M'rissey the character find of 2008? Really? Just in the Legion, Giselle, Ikilles, Fruit Lad and Spy are more interesting to me than M'rissey.

Beyond LSH, there's the new guys in JSA, Young X-men (I know you're not reading that one), the Initiative...

What about M'rissey makes him so appealing to you? I'm not seeing it.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

He fixed everything... I like that.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hee-hee-- hard to argue with that!
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I kinda need my own personal M'rissey... well, that's his appeal to me anyway. Of course I can see why he wouldn't appeal to a lot of folks... as a legionnaire anyway.

Maybe as "support staff"?

--------------------

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
I kinda need my own personal M'rissey... well, that's his appeal to me anyway.

I need my own personal Lester Spiffany / threeboot Projectra, 'cause a friend with super-wealth could really liven up my week.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Ibn al-Nezumi:
biblical tidbits about Ultra Boy's etymology:

Jo Nah = Jonah, prophet of God
Ta Rshish = Tarshish, name of a village in Lebanon where Jonah wanted to travel
Ni Neveh = Nineveh, flourishing capital of the Assyrian empire where God sent Jonah to preach

don't know the reference for Norima yet.

I knew the Jo Nah reference (Ha-ha! Could there be anyone less prophet-like?), and caught the Nineveh one. I thought Ta Rshish referred to something, but had no idea what.

Thanks for supplying the answer! Let us know if you come up with comething for Norima.

Mystery Lad
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
You know, I really don't think this issue was written by Shooter. At most, I think it was his plot, either scripted or heavily edited by someone else. It just didn't "sound" like his writing, or at all like his previous issues.

Very plausible. Alternatively, perhaps it was banged out in a hurry if a concord was reached near the time of this issue's deadline.

A possibility that also casts the art in another light, if true...

Mystery Lad
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:
M'RISSEY: Seems to me Lyle could've played his role (they look so much alike) but I guess being Legion Business Manager isn't exactly a position of glamour. But it's all good if it frees Lightning Lad to finally lead and closes out the political plotlines for good.

Lyle and M'rissey do look too alike. I have a feeling Lightning Lad might not be leading too much longer.

quote:

LIGHT LASS: I couldn't figure out at first why Ayla didn't use her anti-grav powers when she was tied up -- but I guess it's because guns were aimed at her teammates, and if she moved they'd be blasted to smithereens. That's the only explanation I can think of. Being tied up shouldn't prevent Legionnaires who have energy, elemental or mystical powers from using them.

Great. Point. Why *didn't* she use her powers? I can see a certain period of grogginess. Was she scoping things out?

quote:

SATURN GIRL: The several Pieta scenes make her appear a Madonna of sorts (not the singer from Detroit). Shooter may be trying to endear her to the audience before she gets kicked out on her butt.

These scenes hardly had the dramatic weight to merit Pieta poses. But that's what they were.

quote:

ULTRA BOY - Let me tell you from a girl's perspective -- we all know Jo is a big, fat jerk but we just *have to* to rub against that body. It's a biological mandate.

Some boys would agree. Some girls wouldn't, too.

quote:

ELEMENT LAD - They have to do a lot better than a recolored costume...like maybe an actual spotlight story.

I'd be happy with some more scenes in that dorm apartment!

quote:

CHAMELEON: One-quarter of his body mass gone?! That's like a whole proty and then some. I always look forward to things that explore Durlan physiology, culture and powers.

The origin of the threeboot Proty!
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo         Edit/Delete Post     
As you all know, I haven't read this issue yet (got 42 yesterday and REALLY loved it!) but have you guys considered that there might have been some editorial "change" in this issue in order to make it fit L3W? This is not very unlikely.
From: Brasil | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.