Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Legion October 2008 Solicitations and Images ... SPOILERS (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Legion October 2008 Solicitations and Images ... SPOILERS
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
The Dream Girl thing was the biggest mistake of Waid's run, made worse by the fact that he wrote her so well in her 'pre-dead/non-corporeal/whatever the hell she' is appearances.

Here's hoping Shooter can spin this into a satisfying conclusion.

WARNING: Keeping Nura as Brainy's non-corporeal love object does NOT constitute "satisfying" to this fan.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
whats Brainy holding oh his hand? something shiny? getting married or Legion flight ring back to her?

At first I thought of Cannus, and also what about Devil's Dozen - a couple of them have horns...

Thanks, Korbal, I completely forgot about the Subs attacked by the Pets!

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
I was going to wait until the full solicitations arrived later but I can't resist pointing out that's *an engagement ring* Brainy is flashing at Nura. Legion Wedding, I hope, I hope, I hope!

The LO3W cover looks unfinished. For the artist's sake, I hope so.

20th century is not a typo, methinks. Possibly they're going back to the first Crisis to "fix" things.

More later, maybe.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askanipsion
Telepath

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askanipsion   Author's Homepage   Email Askanipsion         Edit/Delete Post     
Dream Girl finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really hope she gets a body back! It was such a mistake making her incorporeal. Hopefully Shooter corrects the mistake.

Why is Nura wearing a Legion ring? I thought her ring was taken from her body when she died?? Wasn't that the ring they gave Supergirl?

Can't wait till October!!!!

From: South Florida | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Askanipsion:
Dream Girl finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really hope she gets a body back! It was such a mistake making her incorporeal. Hopefully Shooter corrects the mistake.

Why is Nura wearing a Legion ring? I thought her ring was taken from her body when she died?? Wasn't that the ring they gave Supergirl?

Can't wait till October!!!!

Nura doesn't have a flight ring, clothing, or a body. IMHO, these are just the way she sees herself, and therefore how she spiritually manifests. Nice that she still thinks of herself as part of the team...

[Fruit Boy]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Updated with the solits. Sorry for the delay. Also, apologies to Chemical King...apparently the TPB is not is the October solicitations.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
veryvery
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for veryvery   Author's Homepage   Email veryvery         Edit/Delete Post     
if querl and dream girl get married or act adorable and in love, shooter can kill the whole legion and you wont hear a peep out of me. oh my god i'm so happy. he can write saturn girl as the wussiest, submissive piece of crap and i won't care, just give me querl nura. wow i'm so easily bought. hopefully projectra being there doesn't mean this is an illusion or i'll kill myself.

--------------------
http://www.adrianaferguson.com
http://joteivv.deviantart.com
http://superfuturefriends.blogspot.com

From: Seattle | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by veryvery:
if querl and dream girl get married or act adorable and in love, shooter can kill the whole legion and you wont hear a peep out of me. oh my god i'm so happy. he can write saturn girl as the wussiest, submissive piece of crap and i won't care, just give me querl nura. wow i'm so easily bought. hopefully projectra being there doesn't mean this is an illusion or i'll kill myself.

Nice to see you finally pleased, Adriana.
From: Brasil | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
The LSH solicit says the cover is by Leonardi and Green, but the image is clearly Manapul... veddy interestink! Hope that is indeed the cover. I have to say, I'm not a big Leonardi fan.

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
It's the reverse, I believe. Leonardi said he was drawing a Shooter two-parter featuring Dream Girl.

This issue comes out at Halloween -- when the line between the living and the dead disappears. Anything is possible!

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
veryvery
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for veryvery   Author's Homepage   Email veryvery         Edit/Delete Post     
all i keep thinking is dream girl's "you'll feel differently when we're married n___n"

--------------------

From: Seattle | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PenaltyKillah
Out of Continuity!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PenaltyKillah   Author's Homepage   Email PenaltyKillah         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm all for making stories fresh and interesting, but somewhere in the Fourth Wall, Thom's crying his heart out. Ahahaha.

--------------------
"For some reason I can't explain or understand, and probably never will... EVERYTHING comes from SUPERMAN." - Alexander Luthor, Jr.

Unfortunately, the Legion is no exception.

From: Canadia | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chemical King:
Legion of Super-Heroes: The More Things Change (Legion of Super-Heroes) (Taschenbuch)

Has this been posted yet somewhere? This is a solicitation on German Amazon for a Levitz/Lightle Trade, coming out in december. I was quite surprised to find it, and I'm even more interested what issues it will be collecting - probably a sequel to "An eye for an eye"?

Gives me even more hope that the oldtimers will be the surviving version of "L3W"...

Wow. That's the first time I've seen this. Wasn't "The more Things Change" the title of a Legion-recruitment story arc where they decided not to add new members and came up with the infamous line, "Rather no new Legionnaires than new dead ones."?
Looks wonderful.
I want one.

Anyway the title rings a bell.
y'know?

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
veryvery
Applicant

ohhh true, i recall dream girl saying, in the waid run, when someone questioned her about her and Querl that she actually liked Thom, but maybe she grew closer to Querl? @_@;;

--------------------

Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
quote:
Originally posted by Chemical King:
Legion of Super-Heroes: The More Things Change (Legion of Super-Heroes) (Taschenbuch)

Has this been posted yet somewhere? This is a solicitation on German Amazon for a Levitz/Lightle Trade, coming out in december. I was quite surprised to find it, and I'm even more interested what issues it will be collecting - probably a sequel to "An eye for an eye"?

Gives me even more hope that the oldtimers will be the surviving version of "L3W"...

Wow. That's the first time I've seen this. Wasn't "The more Things Change" the title of a Legion-recruitment story arc where they decided not to add new members and came up with the infamous line, "Rather no new Legionnaires than new dead ones."?
Looks wonderful.
I want one.

Anyway the title rings a bell.
y'know?

It collects the stories that came right after Eye For An Eye on the Baxter Series. Which is exactly the period BEFORE Action Legion, according to Geoff Johns.
From: Brasil | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.