Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Just 4 Fun: U predict: WHERE will Lo3W rank in the top 300? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Just 4 Fun: U predict: WHERE will Lo3W rank in the top 300?
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Here's where the predictions stand so far:

Highest prediction is a very optimistic # 7/8 and lowest is # 126.

# 10 and two picks for # 13 also seem optimistic.

We also have guesses for 17th and 18th place rankings, which might be possible.

Seems like most see the mini only breaking into the top 30 (with guesses for rankings at # 22, # 25, # 26, # 27, # 28 and # 30) or top 40 (predictions for # 31 and # 35).

While at one time, Perez alone might have been enough of a draw to crack the top 10, I fear that is no longer the case. It will certainly be interesting to see where the mini ands up ranking as so much is going on this summer. It would be nice to see a Legion title break the top 30 *or* 40.

There's still time to make your prediction!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
While not backing off from my #10 prediction, I hereby GUARANTEE that L3W #1 will break the top 30!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Strong words of belief from longtime Legion fan/internet superstar Lard Lad!

It will truly be sad if the combination of Legion of Super-Heroes with a superstar team like Johns and Perez cannot make this a hit, no matter what the circumstances (I myself would consider the entire mini making top 30 a "hit" in today's market).

Time will tell.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Let's give an optimistic #25. (And I'll be very happy to have underestimated it if this thing does sell like hotcakes).
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
Lardy's gonna mortgage his house and buy them all himself if he has to.

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Language Arts Lad:
Lardy's gonna mortgage his house and buy them all himself if he has to.

Well...the wife might object just a little! [Eek!]

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Those sales figures for Lo3W will be released soon, so make your prediction!

Upon visiting the comic shop Friday, I noticed LOTS of Lo3W on the shelf, we're talking in SECRET INVASION-style numbers here. So if my store reflects other stores natiowide... those predictions of top 10 or 20 maybe were right on the money.

Soon we will know, but I think my original prediction of # 28 might have been too low.

--------------------

Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
#19 Just because it's my favorite number and I may buy the other cover after all.

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo         Edit/Delete Post     
The way this is being sold recently, I'd say it will be #2 book for DC this month, and probably top 20 on Diamond.
From: Brasil | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy
RE-RETCONNED

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy   Email Superboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah I'm going with top 3....I predict the first issue will do over 100k.
Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy
RE-RETCONNED

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy   Email Superboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:

While at one time, Perez alone might have been enough of a draw to crack the top 10, I fear that is no longer the case. It will certainly be interesting to see where the mini ands up ranking as so much is going on this summer. It would be nice to see a Legion title break the top 30 *or* 40.

There's still time to make your prediction!

Perez is definitely still a draw, just his name on a book in a first issue will put in the top 30 or so....after that it depends on how good it is.

IMO, he's still the best artist in the business....and he's still evolving as well.

Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo         Edit/Delete Post     
By the way, Legion monthly is up 8% this month, with no gimmick. Meaning: if DC had somehow wanted to tie LSH to L3W, it would make a hell of a good thing to Shooter's run.
But, from Dan DiDio's recent speeches, they will stick to the foundation of the characters (so, goodbye Threeboot and good riddance Archie Legion).

From: Brasil | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

I imagine reorders will be incredibly high--the major sites are filled with praise and recommendation for issue number 1. Seems like it's getting a Sinestro Corps-level buzz about it.

--------------------

Superboy
RE-RETCONNED

At my LCS today they said they way under ordered LO3W 1. I wish I could remember if he said he was going to have to wait for a second printing or not for the re-orders. He might have said second printing, or it might just be wishful remembering on my part. But they definitely under ordered LO3W #1 and are going to have to order some more copies.

And they had a lot of copies of it last week.

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Has anyone heard of / seen any numbers yet, or are we still in speculation-land?

I'd love to hear that this is doing better than some of the other stuff they are doing.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.