Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Legion May 2008 Solicitations and Images ... SPOILERS (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Legion May 2008 Solicitations and Images ... SPOILERS
Zero Kahn
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zero Kahn   Email Zero Kahn         Edit/Delete Post     
I am just glad to see Chameleon Boy with his antenna again. I really and trully hated when Kitson kept drawing him without them. He just doesn't look right without them.
From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
First post updated with solicitation text. Thanks, superboymddjr, for pointing out Dreamwar. I looked at the cover a number of times and since there weren't any Legionnaires I didn't include it. I've added it now.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
I love, love, love this cover! Love it! Did I mention that I love it?

I love Cham's butterfly wings! They're gorgeous! They're fabulous! They're shagadelic! His costume seems ridiculous, but chain mail is making a huge comeback. Huge.

I love Colossal Boy. Finally, he looks COLOSSAL, and we can tell him apart from Ultra Boy!

I love Star Boy's look! He's frikkin' "Star Boy" people! He should look like the starriest star hero of the stars ever in the eternal starry history of stars. And he does! (BTW, can we dare hope this is the beginning of Star Boy, panel hog?)

Saturn Girl swims in my dreams again! Boy, her butt looks tighter than Hilary Clinton after 9 Obama wins in a row! I grew up with Saturn Girl's butt. It was there in good times and in bad. So lovely, so ferrous. And now it's back, and I don't have to feel like a pedophile to admire it.

There's someone else on the cover. Who?... Oh, yeah, Atom Girl, sporting Sonic the Hedgehog's hair. Oh, well, nothing's really perfect. I'm sure there's a good reason Salu has bad manga hair. It's probably a critical plot point that turns on it. Yeah, she builds up a static point charge of staggering proportions (by rubbing balloons on Saturn Girl's tuckus, probably) and uses it to shock the enemy into unconsciousness. Yeah, that's it...

Still love the cover.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
lol @ doublechinner Saturn Girl comments! I prefer a hot Saturn Girl myself.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Do you think Doublechinner likes the cover?

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
LOL at Doublechinner's imagery.

Saturn Girl as Hillary scars me. Now I'm gonna think of panel-hog Star Boy as Barrack Obama beating her in 10 straight Planetary Primaries for Legion Leader. Do you think she's minting the medallions yet?

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
The heck with Saturn Girl, Star Boy looks hot!

I also like the new looks of Chameleon, Violet and, yes, Saturn Girl. About time we got some Ultra Bad Boy backstory, too.

Another LoPresti fill-in issue, I see. There's a possible explanation in this week's Lying in the Gutters rumor column about internal policy changes at DC that will affect some artists. I hope FJM is back with us soon.

quote:
Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes Hardcover #1
Superstar artist Gary Frank joins writer Geoff Johns for an epic story teaming Superman with an adult version of the Legion of Super-Heroes...

Hopefully, advertising them here as "an adult version" is the first sign that DC is backing away from the "original Legion" baloney.
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The solicit says FJM is back this issue. Maybe LitG meant they have a guage on his pace and have scheduled the rest of the year accordingly

I talked to FJM at a comic show a few weeks back. He mentioned the schedule and that if this were a Top Cow or Aspen book he would be considered 3 months ahead. [Wink]

But Lopresti's art is good, I think he drew some Hulk and Ms Marvel most recently before moving to DC. FJM mentioned that it works out because Lopresti isn't scheduled to start on Wonder Woman for a bit yet.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Hopefully you're right, TL, but the May solicitation I was just reading at Comics Continuum says "art by Aaron Lopresti and Matt Ryan, and cover by Frances Manapul and John Livesay". The one on Newsarama is just Manapul and Livesay, though.
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mysa Nal 3
& agents of the Magestrix

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mysa Nal 3   Email Mysa Nal 3         Edit/Delete Post     
I think this version of Imra looks quite a bit like Amanda Tapping/Sam of SG1 and Atlantis!
Which is great!

It's funny, but you'd think that the Legion, of ALL the hero groups would need the least amount of recycling to stay fresh.
There aren't any huge solo stars on the team so people could just grow uup naturally, move on and new Legionaires join.
All of the hoopla just seems silly.

I can only hope that Shooter will keep the best of the various timelines.

Shady

--------------------
Let the games thrive, friend and foe alike.

But, . . . the time is shorter than we think.

Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fjm
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fjm   Author's Homepage   Email fjm         Edit/Delete Post     
hey folks, yes I am doing issue 42. Right now the fill ins lined up is for issue 41, and for 47. I had my french work overlap my legion work when I began so it ate away at my lead time. Right now we're hard at work to gain back that lead time. My editors are much more comfortable if you are ahead by 2-3 months. The last couple issues we've been working with only a 1 month cushion which leaves very little room for mistake so the fill ins lined up is to make sure that we don't miss any ship dates. I feel really bad that we had to get a fill in, but I'm working really hard to get us back on track which I believe we're well on our way! I hope that answers your concerns [Big Grin]

--------------------
www.francismanapul.com
http://manapul.blogspot.com/

From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Titan Lad
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Titan Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Askanipsion:
Pretty cover - now if we can just get Nura back too in a BODY

AGREED, AGREED, AGREED! She is my favorite female legionaire, I am hoping Shooter will bring her back (with a body of course, her appearances with Brainy everyonce in awhile, just don't do it). Plus I really want to see Mr. Manapul draw her [Embarrassed]
From: Dallas, Texas | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askanipsion
Telepath

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askanipsion   Author's Homepage   Email Askanipsion         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Titan Lad:
Plus I really want to see Mr. Manapul draw her [Embarrassed]

Yeah I love his art. He draws an awesome Irma - the best I have ever seen. His Dream Girl would look so cool.
From: South Florida | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imskian78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imskian78   Email imskian78         Edit/Delete Post     
god.....can't antbody design a good look for Shrinking Violet on par with Dave Cockrum's costume and the purple modified Keith Giffen look? If anyone should have arrows running up and down it's Vi..not Light Lass, et. all I dont like the green and violet combo on both this costume and the Action costume is equally bad.

Come on people..give Dave the legacy of a well earned costume designer..nobody comes close!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero Kahn
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zero Kahn   Email Zero Kahn         Edit/Delete Post     
When asked about the Legions 50th aniversery at Wondercon Dido said this:

"You will see the Legion of Super Heroes, you will see the Legion of Super Heroes, and you will see the Legion of Super Heroes in DC Universe #0"

From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.