Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Deleting the Reboot (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Deleting the Reboot
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Reboot had its ups and downs.

I would suggest that (1) despite the downs, it had enough ups to make it worthy of consideration, and (2) just as any particular era of LSH has its fans, Reboot-era fandom is worthy of respect, just as any other eras are (well, not Conway. [Wink] ).

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, any era has its ups and downs. The fact that pre-crisis (or something very similar to it) and threeboot is now appearing on DC's titles, but there's nothing to satisfy the reboot/post-ZH fans (whether they be of the Archie or PMS or DnA variety) currently available. In addition to that though, characters in the present day DCU with links to the reboot/post-ZH legion have been eliminated or ignored - Connor & Bart being the most obvious 2. I don't think the future is that rosy for the reboot/post-ZH legion.

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with Novelty, it's highly unlikely the reboot Legion will be a part of the new universe/multiverse, but it's a much wider sweep than that. Few if any Legion stories published between 1986-2004 will count for anything anymore, I'll wager.
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm guessing most stories from 1958-1986, even if they do "count", will be altered to the point of being unrecognizable.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Any story about Star Boy or Wildfire already has.

EDIT: Not to mention the fact that Karate Kid's 70s adventures in the 20th century adventures are all retconned away.

[ June 25, 2007, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: Tromium ]

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
...and Jeckie is still apparently a Princess, rather than Queen...
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Come to think of it, no story where the Legion met the DCU heroes other than Clark would be in continuity anymore, including the first Justice League/Society/Legion crossover in the 70s or the time(s) they teamed up with Batman. In the Lightning Saga, Bruce, Hal, Diana, Dinah, etc. obviously hadn't met any of the "kids" before.

Let's make it simple and admit the original Legion has been permanently deleted, too.

Not-So-Bad Lad
Secret Honorary Auxiliary Substitute Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not-So-Bad Lad   Email Not-So-Bad Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:
Come to think of it, no story where the Legion met the DCU heroes other than Clark would be in continuity anymore, including the first Justice League/Society/Legion crossover in the 70s or the time(s) they teamed up with Batman. In the Lightning Saga, Bruce, Hal, Diana, Dinah, etc. obviously hadn't met any of the "kids" before.

Let's make it simple and admit the original Legion has been permanently deleted, too.

Then...what's the "Lightning Saga" Legion?

--------------------
"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot

From: The Evil Anti-Moon!!!! | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
All the Legion's still exist somewhere! You must have hope [Big Grin]

But I agree that there were many great things about the reboot, even if they got a few things *so* wrong, that it was distracting to the point where it was a serious problem (Sneckie--I'm looking at you). But if not for the reboot, we'd never have seen Lyle and Luornu shine like never before, Gates, Zoe, and some other great stuff.

I want the Legion we're getting in the Lightning Saga, despite any little tweaks...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not-So-Bad Lad
Secret Honorary Auxiliary Substitute Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not-So-Bad Lad   Email Not-So-Bad Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Forgive me, Classic Fans...but it feels sorta like we're taking a half step forward and five steps back (which is much better than I felt about the Threeboot, which I am still trying to decide if I read or not)

Alot of the postboot was rehashing older stories with a "new" twist, I'll admit, but the Lightning Saga Legion seems to just be the pre 5YL Legion with a tweaked roster(though since KK is still alive, I can hold out hope for Ferro Lad...)

And...there is now hope for a roster including Matter-Eater Lad...You know what? Forget I said anything. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot

From: The Evil Anti-Moon!!!! | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
The ironic part is I started liking the ZH Legion finally in the last series. While I always wanted the pre 5YL Legion back now that we have the chance to have a multiverse I hope they get a world.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I wholeheartedly support a remix idea! Now we could have Kinetix and Gates alongside Bouncing Boy and Matter-Eater Lad alongside Infectious Lass and Polar Boy alongside Computo II and Devlin O'Ryan. And they can even throw in Theena for the W/K Legion!

And Lightning Saga didn't do the original Legion justice. Here's hoping that any further issues featuring them don't go down that same path!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Well it's much easier to have a PC type Legion and add new members who are ZH members. Maybe have them join the Acadmey first or something.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with that last comment Jorg. My ideal is to have the Pre-Crisis/Great Darkness Legion with some members from subsequent arcs mixed in, in a way that works. Especially Gates, Zoe, KQ, Kent Shakespeare, etc.

I've been thinking a lot lately about if there was a way the reboot could have somehow been blended in with the preboot to make it work more. There were just some unforgivable things about the reboot that made it hard to 'love', like Sneckie for instance. I found it hard to enjoy the character of Shikari when I knew she had similar powers to Dawnstar.

But threebooting, I now believe 100%, was a bad idea. So I guess I stick to my wish that we could have the Pre-Crisis Legion with some tweaks to include other characters.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
But threebooting, I now believe 100%, was a bad idea.

*ticks box on list [Big Grin] *

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.