Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » past LSH arcs that deserve TPBs (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: past LSH arcs that deserve TPBs
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Legion of the Damned.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
I nominate the 6-part MORDRU arc that originally appeared in 5YL LSH #s 43-48 (which I am currently rereading), plus pages 1-3 & 12 of LSH ANNUAL 4.

Yes.

quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
White Triangle (LSHv4 66-71, Lgs 23-28, LSHv4Ann6 (Kinetix story only), LgsAnn2)

Legion Lost

YES.

quote:
Originally posted by Jerry:
Legion of the Damned.

With or without RIFTS; This should have been traded up ages ago.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not-So-Bad Lad
Secret Honorary Auxiliary Substitute Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not-So-Bad Lad   Email Not-So-Bad Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd like to see "Terra Mosiac" collected, maybe with Legionnaires 1 - 6 added as well.

I'm a 5YL-Fan [Big Grin] and that issue with the destruction of Earth, narrated by Devlin O'Ryan...man, I was a kid when I read it and it still chokes me up a little to this day...

--------------------
"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot

From: The Evil Anti-Moon!!!! | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I honestly want to see the 5YL stuff more than anything else. Besides the fact that it's my second-favorite Legion era, I'm also missing a bunch of issues here and there, and I'm not sure if I've ever really read the whole thing all the way through.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:

Mixing eras.

How about pairing the WHO IS SENSOR GIRL? arc with Mystery Lad's origin (theme-- secrets entrusted to Saturn Girl)?

I'd love for the "Who is Sensor Girl" arc to be collected in a trade (all-time best writing of the Emerald Empress IMO), but not paired with anything else (especially not the story where Sensor Girl blinds the Eye and the Empress turns to dust. Yuck.)

And even though the Silver Age stuff is not likely to ever be collected in TPBs, what with the Archives and the Showcases, I think that collecting the first and second Fatal Five stories would be great (it would add up to four issues, which I think is long enough for a TPB.) I think both of those stories, especially the first one, were far ahead of their time.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Themed trades may indeed be the way to go...

LSH: FATAL 5

Those 2 Fatal 5 tales Stealth mentioned, plus S/LSH... 219 (Grell art, Duplicate Boy), I think it was, along with S/LSH 231... I *think* it was (damn my failing memory!!)... the oversize issue with James Sherman art, featuring the LSH battling the F5 while also attempting to evacuate a doomed planet. A great tale, there.

That would make a pretty nice tpb!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
I think that the whole Levitz 2nd run should be reprinted as TPBs.

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Themed trades may indeed be the way to go...

LSH: FATAL 5

Those 2 Fatal 5 tales Stealth mentioned, plus S/LSH... 219 (Grell art, Duplicate Boy), I think it was, along with S/LSH 231... I *think* it was (damn my failing memory!!)... the oversize issue with James Sherman art, featuring the LSH battling the F5 while also attempting to evacuate a doomed planet. A great tale, there.

That would make a pretty nice tpb!

Good idea. And we might as well include S/LSH # 198 (?) Cary Bates' story is meh, but Dave Cockrum's beautiful art makes it worthwhile.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Do "themed" trades actually sell? Looking at the list of collected editions, the vast majority are for straight runs of issues (albeit sometimes excluding fill-ins), and most of the rest are done by writer/artist rather than by any common trait in the stories themselves except the title the stories were in..

[ June 24, 2007, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I like "Bext of Legionnaire X" as a theme.

How 'bout "Best of Wildfire", featuring his debut, return... hmm, what else?

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Best of Proty
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not-So-Bad Lad
Secret Honorary Auxiliary Substitute Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not-So-Bad Lad   Email Not-So-Bad Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I like "Bext of Legionnaire X" as a theme.

How 'bout "Best of Wildfire", featuring his debut, return... hmm, what else?

The "Legends of a Dead Earth" Annual with him, LSH #50 (his RETURN-return), Legion Lost....#9, I think. The one with him smashing up the fleet....
...What about that one where Quislet's returned to his dimension?

--------------------
"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot

From: The Evil Anti-Moon!!!! | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I like the Best of Legionnaire (INSERT) idea.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Not-So-Bad Lad:
...What about that one where Quislet's returned to his dimension?

I believe that one belongs in the "Best of Quislet" TPB!
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
[tease] Nobody nominating Dark Circle Rising? [No]

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.