Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » The Last Legionnaire -- Visited (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Last Legionnaire -- Visited
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
You could be right, Reboot, although the fact that Wildfire's speech continues onto the last page (where we see the LSH as they were when they won the war) suggests otherwise to me.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
I liked the reference to William S. Burroughs in Wildfire's origin. My favourite author and favourite Legionnaire linked up in a throwaway line like that was fun.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I agree, rouge. The idea of Wildfire having a "literary" name creates all sorts of associations and expectations that may (or may not) have been intentional on the part of the creators.

As someone who is familiar with Burroughs work, perhaps you can identify some of those connections between Wildfire and Burroughs' writings?

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I remember liking this for three reasons:

(1) Wildfire - it was a cheering moment to see im

(2) The twist where they were supposed to fall in love with each other - thought it was pretty cool

(3) Seeing moments that were to come - continued tradition of knowing tidbits of the Legion's future, it made me think Blok, Quislet, and others could be joining one day and it was still early enough in the reboot where things hadn't been screwed up that bad, that it was reassuring that we'd see long lost character, so we could sit back, enjoy the ride and hope for new stories with old favorites.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not familiar with William S. Burroughs either. Always thought Burroughs came from Edgar Rice Burroughs as a tribute to the "John Carter from Mars" stories.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.