Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Any other R.J. Brande as a Durlan fans our there? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Any other R.J. Brande as a Durlan fans our there?
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
Outrageous!

Supernova, maybe ...

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I was going to suggest R. J. Brande as the Time Trapper, but HWW kind of already did. [Wink]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks to time travel and his latent Durlan powers, R.J. could be ALL of the Legion's supporting characters.

Even Shvaughn. [Smile]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
His The Durlan looks is exactly like the Trapper's.

I think he was Reflecto as well and atleast one Legion villain. Magpie?

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
As a Durlan? That was pretty cool, but I'm largely ambivalent.

*THE* Durlan? Now *that* was awesome.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
I loved it! I loved the arc with Reep and Brande on Durla. I loved Brande weeping when Reep was sentenced to Takron Galtos: "They put the binders on you, did they, boy?" I imagine Brande sounds exactly like Mr. Crabs from Sponge Bob.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I love the arc with Reep and Brande on Durla as well. That is the main reason I'm a fan of Brande as Durlan.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I liked Brande before he was Cham's dad, and had NO trouble accepting the fact that he was Cham's dad.

I also liked the way Levitz wrote their relationship.

I think of Brande as being a fatter Walter Cronkite. Imagine WC saying, "And that's the way it is, by damn!"

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Brande as a Durlan was a good surprise at the time and the eventual backstory was pretty interesting. I was always hoping that R.J. himself would travel back to the 20th century, find L.E.G.I.O.N., recognize Tinya and set everything straight.

Although I liked the idea of R.J. as the Martian Manhunter, the personality never matched; Jonn Jonn'z always seems so serious. R.J. breaking out of Durla's paranoid and severe culture provided a good explanation for his ebullient character.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.