Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Legion July 2007 Solicitations and Images...SPOILERS! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Legion July 2007 Solicitations and Images...SPOILERS!
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Count me as really liking the SLOSH cover, though I could do without the presence of Supergirl. I [Love] the bubble headed Chameleon, though!

The BatB cover is horrible, however.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I like the SLoSH cover, too--except for Cham's glass helmet. Besides, if he needs a helmet for some reason, wouldn't he need a whole spacesuit as well?! Oh well.

As for that Perez cover: yuck! Val, Cham, Thom, and Jim in particular are horribly rendered.

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Mediocre Boy:
[QB]I like the SLoSH cover, too--except for Cham's glass helmet. Besides, if he needs a helmet for some reason, wouldn't he need a whole spacesuit as well?! Oh well.
[QB]

Tell that to Tellus!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
Power Girl Nebula! [LOL] That's what I was thinking too! [LOL] (Well, except I wasn't clever about it, I was just thinking "wow, big hooters!")

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Re: BB #5 cover...

Dream Girl's alive and well. But, no Cosmic Boy, Projectra, Timber Wolf, or Sun Boy. Wonder what that means...?

Looks like half of a two-cover pair to me.
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Updated with solicit text.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Hmm... "The Quest for Cosmic Boy" actually sounds kind of cool.
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
But not who wins the election. [Disgusting]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Sounds like they need to capture him to stand trial. I would guess that the leader is probably one of closer friends on the team. Hence the hard decsion.

Saturn Girl, Phantom Girl or Light Lass I'd guess. Maybe Shady.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
But not who wins the election. [Disgusting]

[Confused] Are you assuming it's Supergirl?
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
Saturn Girl, Phantom Girl or Light Lass I'd guess. Maybe Shady.

I think it's Theena.
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
Sounds like they need to capture him to stand trial. I would guess that the leader is probably one of closer friends on the team. Hence the hard decsion.

I thought she was falling for him as he her so that's what would make the decision hard.

Besides I didn't say who. Maybe it's just the fact that they are saying a girl will lead the team. That just means trouble.

Now, if you will excuse me, I need to head for shelter. I can already hear the rumblings from here.

stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes #32
Written by Tony Bedard
Art and cover by Dennis Calero
"The Quest for Cosmic Boy" begins! The Legionnaires have lost their longtime leader, Cosmic Boy - but was he captured by enemies or did he flee responsibility for his "war crime"? The Legion's newly elected leader makes a hard decision her first day on the job and sends out teams of Legionaires in search of Cosmic Boy. Will they be prepared for what they find?
On sale July 25 o 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

Man, I hope Cosmic Boy is being framed for those "war crimes." I'm not sure if I could support a Legion where they aren't heroes.

Oh, and when does Supergirl leave this title, I'm so over her.

On a more positive note, I'm glad to see the Legion breaking into smaller teams to do a mission. This should give us more characterization than we've seen in the past.

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Maybe it's just the fact that they are saying a girl will lead the team. That just means trouble.

Now, if you will excuse me, I need to head for shelter. I can already hear the rumblings from here.

Where have you heard that's the new leader is a girl?

And yes, you need to run now.

Sorry for the double post, but Lightning Lad posted when I was working on my first reply and I wanted to respond to him, and I'm not spiffy enough with the boards to deal with multiple quotes without making a big mess of things.

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

"her first day" seem to indicate that the new leader is female.
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.