Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » The Very First Legion (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Very First Legion
shanealt
Don't hurt me.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shanealt   Author's Homepage   Email shanealt         Edit/Delete Post     
I started the first issue of the 5YG, and I was definitely intrigued. Problem is, I've got no clue what's going on, who the characters are (I mean...I know who they ARE, but I don't know their personalities or histories in this version), etc. So I'm confused while reading it.
Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cloak and Dagger:
I started the first issue of the 5YG, and I was definitely intrigued. Problem is, I've got no clue what's going on, who the characters are (I mean...I know who they ARE, but I don't know their personalities or histories in this version), etc. So I'm confused while reading it.

That's a common problem, from what I understand. [Wink]

But it was worse for me, since I ended up going through the series in a more-or-less random order. I was trying to catch up on back issues since the Legionnaires series was where I started collecting the new comics. Didn't have much luck with the process. [Smile]

Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Boy
Lovin the Art!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Ultra Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Now get Archives 5 & 6 & read 1-6 in order. While the 1st 4 are great, new characters "come & GO" in some amazing stories in Archives 5 & 6. That will really give you an awesome foundation to build off of on the rest of the series.

I might even venture into the 5 Year Gap at that point. While not ideal, at least you will know who most of the people are that they are talking about!

The downside of the Archives is no letter columns, BUT that can be fixed here: The Legion Outpost Letter Columns
thanks to Jo & Terri-Anne Sanning

Read, enjoy, stop back as you go and let us all know what you think.

Boy I miss reading those for the 1st time, all over 20 years ago!

LLLater!

[Ultra Boy - Re-Imagined]

--------------------
UltraBoy

From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Archives 5 & 6 are definitely my favorites of the run.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick Vinson
Libertarian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nick Vinson   Email Nick Vinson         Edit/Delete Post     
I always thought the best Archive Vol 1 story in terms of goofiness was the Legion of Supervillans. Especially the way Jerry Siegel wraps that one up. Rings of Saturn???!?!?! "Yeahbuhwah?"

--------------------
-Nick-

Is Civil War over with yet?

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shanealt
Don't hurt me.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shanealt   Author's Homepage   Email shanealt         Edit/Delete Post     
I recieved the first Archive in the mail on...was it Friday? I think so. I read it, and once I got into the goofy, campy groove of the old comics style, I absolutely loved it. I even started experiencing suspense, something I didn't know was possible with those old comics after I've experienced today's comics.

My favorite story...I thought it would be the Mon-El stories, but it wasn't. I really enjoyed the ones involving Supergirl, but I forget what one I enjoyed the most. It's on the tip of my brain, but I just can't identify it!

Oh! Yeah. It was the one with the "traitor on the team". That one, tied with when Saturn Girl was team leader.

I just got volume 4 in the mail today, but I'm still waiting for volumes 2 and 3 to come before I start reading it.

For money reasons, I didn't order any other ones yet, just the first four. I'll get 5 and 6 later.

Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Yay! I love it when new people discover this stuff!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.